PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a good thought or prayer to spare?

PJ's Mom
08-11-2005, 08:54 AM
My daughter (barclaysmom) is going in to have all 4 wisdom teeth removed. She will be under general anesthetic and while the doctor said she will be perfectly safe, I can't help but worry. :(

I don't usually ask for prayers, but if you could spare one, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks. :)

Jadapit
08-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Of course you cant help but worry, thats your baby. My thoughts and prayers will be with the both of you.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Got an extra special one for just such an occasion - and its all yours!

JenBKR
08-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Good thoughts and prayers coming your way! I think it's normal to be nervous about that...I remember when I had my wisdom teeth out - not a lot of fun!

luvofallhorses
08-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Of course she'll be in my prayers. I just got mine pulled awhile back, tell her to take it easy and make sure she follows the doctors orders :) Please Keep us updated!

ChrisH
08-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Got both, and they're on their way. Please keep us posted.

Chris

furrykidsmother
08-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Good thoughts and prayers on their way. It isn't the most pleasant experience, but I am sure she will do fine. Make sure she doesn't drink through a straw and rinsing with warm salt water helps! Let us know how she is doing!

anna_66
08-11-2005, 09:35 AM
I will definately be keeping her in my prayers Dawn.

PJ's Mom
08-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks everyone. We're leaving now. I think I'm more nervous than she is. :(

I'll update when we get back.

Thank you again. :)

Ginger's Mom
08-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Prayers and good thoughts going out for you and your daughter. I am sure she will be fine, but it is natural to worry. Rest up, Barclaysmom, and make sure you take advantage of the sympathy while it lasts. :)

robinh
08-11-2005, 10:15 AM
I can remember when my son had his done and I was a nervous wreck too.

You definitely have my best thoughts and prayers.

Karen
08-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Of course!

A certain other moderator here thinks all dental works should be done when you're unconcious - who WANTS to be awake for it? ;)

They knocked me out for my wisdom teeth to be removed. I survived, Mom, and so will she!

DJFyrewolf36
08-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Good thoughts being sent...I absolutely hate getting dental work done (I'm honestly scared to death of it). Even the most routine of cleanings send me into panic mode.

Keep us updated.

catnapper
08-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Good luck and many prayers coming her way.

Funny you mentioned that. My son had a dental cleaning yesterday and the vet said he has two impacted wisdom teeth... ouchie. He'll be having the surgery over winter break from school. Lcuky boy, isn't he?:(

petslover
08-11-2005, 12:37 PM
aww. Of course I will put her in my thoughts and prayers, but she will be fine. Just follow the doctors orders and it will heal alot faster.

Jadapit
08-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Good luck and many prayers coming her way.

Funny you mentioned that. My son had a dental cleaning yesterday and the vet said he has two impacted wisdom teeth... ouchie. He'll be having the surgery over winter break from school. Lcuky boy, isn't he?:(

I'm laughing my head off here. Does your son always go to the vet to have his teeth cleaned?;) I'm sure that was a typo but it sure made me laugh.:D

PJ's Mom
08-11-2005, 01:02 PM
LOL Kim. We know where your mind is. :D

Thanks everyone. We're home and she already hurts, but the "vet" said the surgery went well and she could be the poster child for a successful, easy wisdom tooth extraction. :)

(((hugs)))

ramanth
08-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Many MANY healing thoughts. I had all four of my twelve year molars removed when I was younger.

I can totally sympathise with her.

*HUGS*

Anita Cholaine
08-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Good thoughts and prayers for your daughter...:) (((HUGS)))

jazzcat
08-11-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm just now seeing this but I'm so glad she did fine. She will be sore for a few days (and maybe even bruised like I was). I'll be sending her good thoughts and prayers that she's 100% soon.

When does school start there? The poor kids here had their first day back today. It's in the 90s - it's too hot to go to school.

PJ's Mom
08-11-2005, 04:39 PM
School starts Tuesday which is why we wanted to get this done ASAP. :) Hopefully she'll feel better by then.

She really hurts. It's hard to see your kids in pain...even when it's for their own good. :(

NoahsMommy
08-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Awww, I'm sorry she's in pain, but glad its all over for her.

Hopefully the pain will go away soon for her.

Lexi_Lover
08-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
I'm laughing my head off here. Does your son always go to the vet to have his teeth cleaned?;) I'm sure that was a typo but it sure made me laugh.:D
Donna, I would've never noticed it if you said that! LOL! Oh thats too funny! :p

Glad your daughter is alright Dawn! :)

Does everybody have to get this done? :(

Rachel
08-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
LOL Kim. We know where your mind is. :D

Thanks everyone. We're home and she already hurts, but the "vet" said the surgery went well and she could be the poster child for a successful, easy wisdom tooth extraction. :)

(((hugs)))

That is good news. I'll have to tell my dentist the *vet story* when I see him in a couple weeks. :D

Chica
08-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Yes, she will be in my prayers and Chicas to. Don't worry, it is a safe procedure. I had it done. I looked swollen for days, but I was fine. I ate ice cream and jello a lot!

wolfie
08-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Chica
Yes, she will be in my prayers and Chicas to. Don't worry, it is a safe procedure. I had it done. I looked swollen for days, but I was fine. I ate ice cream and jello a lot!

Yes, ice cream helps!

I'm glad your daughter got through it okay.

...LMAO, the vet. :D

finn's mom
08-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Aww...I'm sorry she's hurting. :( That has to stink. I hope she is feeling back to normal by the time she's in school. What a trooper!

luvofallhorses
08-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover

Does everybody have to get this done? :( [/B]

No, it depends on the person and if you have a small mouth and not enough room. I didn't have enough room for mine and got mine pulled in March or somewhere around there.

back on the main topic..

I am sending your daughter lots of healing vibes and prayers that she feels better soon and ice cream helps a lot, I know because when I got mine out I ate a lot of ice cream :) ((hugs))

Oggyflute
08-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Glad everthing went OK Dawn.:)

jesse_3
08-12-2005, 01:46 AM
I am glad that everything went all right! (((((HUGS))))))) Get better soon!

Ya know, I wonder if the vet is cheaper than a regular dentist *snicker*:D

Steph and Jes

Pawsitive Thinking
08-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Glad she's okay and the trip to the "vet" wasn't too traumatic!