PDA

View Full Version : Ok should I keep it or take it back???

janelle
08-10-2005, 04:53 PM
I got a seven---yes, seven--foot cat tree at Wallmart for my kitties. When Hubby unpacked it and put it together it was too tall for our ceilings. Package said around 7 feet.

Hubby called the phone number on the box but no one has called back. Now he does knows how to saw some of the traction post down to make it shorter but so far it's been up in the dark staricase to see if the kitties like it.

They show no interest in it since hubby put it up so will they like it when it is sawed down and put up in a place for them that is suitable?

Have any others on here bought it at Wallmart and what do your kitties think of it. It has three ledges on it for laying. It was only 30 some dollars so a good bargain.

Uabassoon
08-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Alexa has that tree, it's adjustable you should be able to make it fit your ceiling with out having to saw it. The cats really liked it, however we had to take it down. Her celings all slant so we couldn't keep it steady. Now it's still on the floor in peices and the kitties scratch on it.

janelle
08-10-2005, 05:05 PM
It is adjustable but we have adjusted it to the lowest height and it is still too tall. That is why we called the company to see if we can adjust it instead of sawing some of the bar off.

Did your kitties lay on it and like it?

catmandu
08-10-2005, 05:10 PM
THATS HARD,TOSAY.SOMETIMES CATS,WILL SHOW,NO INTEREST,AT FIRST,BUT FOR THIRTY DOLLARS,I WOULD TAKE,A CHANCE,THAT YOUR CATS,WILL EVENTUALLY SHOW,AN INTEREST.

THATS A GOOD DEAL,I HAVE NEVER SEEN,THEM,IN WAL MART,CANADA,FOR THAT PRICE!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture614.jpg

Randy_K
08-10-2005, 05:19 PM
If it's placed near a window it will definitely be popular. My mom got one of those cat condos for her guy and, at first, he wasn't crazy about it but now he lives on it.

jenluckenbach
08-10-2005, 05:53 PM
I do not have the tree that you have, but I have several trees. The cats love them. Sometimes they did not use a new one at first, they had to get used to it, but I would say in time, they would enjoy it.

Laura's Babies
08-10-2005, 06:05 PM
I had that one and took it back! It was not built for a heavyweight like Chester. MIke has one and his cats LOVE it and have all but tore it up scratching on it so much. He had to make a piece to hold it up as it was to short for his celing. I think they are heavyweight cardboard and I wouldn't attempt to cut it.. I'd take it back.

janelle
08-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Well my hubby can cut the tension bar with a saw that cuts through metal and make it fit.

Simon is around 16 pounds so he may not be able to get to the top but Chianti is only 6 pounds and gets to the top of most things she can climb around here.

Just wondered if it was sturdy enough and if the cats liked it.

orangemm
08-11-2005, 06:09 AM
Have you tried rubbing catnip on it? Sometimes that will do the trick.

It works with my guys.

dukedogsmom
08-11-2005, 07:21 AM
I had bought one for Doogie when I first got him but it was too big for my ceiling, too. I took it back. They are way too expensive at the pet stores. Do you know anyone that could possibly make one for you? I would take it back unless he's sure he could fix it because then you'd be out the money and still have no cat tower.

Lightning SuperCat
08-11-2005, 09:02 AM
We don't have a tree, but $30 sounds like a great bargain!!!! :D I think you should see what they say before you saw it/take it back. Also, if we want Lightning to play with something, he won't. When we give up, he plays with it. :rolleyes: Plus catnip always works, like orangemm said. :D

lvpets2002
08-11-2005, 09:07 AM
:) Yes Yes keep it & yes put by window & your furr babies will have a blast. Check out this new I got my babies.. My babies have a blast with their cat tree..