PDA

View Full Version : Dogs being dognapped in England?

PJ's Mom
08-10-2005, 11:40 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8883720/

How sad, but it looks like they're really trying to do something about it.

Muddy4paws
08-10-2005, 11:51 AM
theres so many cases ive heard of, its so nasty, the fact is that most of the "vicious" breeds get stolen around my area by the travellers for fighting which is why we hate taking the dogs to the park but its just something we have to live with, We had some trouble with travellers and our jack russel before they tried it on with the dog and my mum went mental at them and basically turned the air blue :o and some other people came over to help but if she was alone we would of been without a jack, You need to be so careful its unbelieveable, I understand they need to live somewhere but I dont like them full stop. they have no respect for anyone and they ruined our old park that we used to go to by dumping their junk all over it

I'll stop ranting on now, they just get to me so badly :mad:

ParNone
08-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Wow that is unbeliveably scary. I hope that's not a trend that catches on over here.

I somewhat think though, if anybody tried to take the Collies, especially Oz, 10 seconds of his high pitched death wail over being separated from me and they'd hand him right back.

Par...

elizabethann
08-10-2005, 12:12 PM
That's awful! Those poor pups! Such rotten people!

Almita
08-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Those poor dogs that is so scary and sad those are some mean people whoever do that.

IRescue452
08-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Wow I hope that never catches on around here. And I can't believe the neighborood family that bought him was trying to conceal him. They are just as bad as the theif that held the owners at gunpoint. What jerks!

animal_rescue
08-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ParNone
Wow that is unbeliveably scary. I hope that's not a trend that catches on over here.

I somewhat think though, if anybody tried to take the Collies, especially Oz, 10 seconds of his high pitched death wail over being separated from me and they'd hand him right back.

Par...

Same here with Alex, I've had people come down the street and ask me if I heard a dog scream! he'll scream like he's being beaten if a stranger tries to pet him or pick him up!

cyber-sibes
08-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Sadly, I experienced dog-napping first hand about 25 years ago when my fiancee's german shephard "disappeared" from the yard. (she was a house dog, just out for a little air) We posted signs, checked everywhere for her. She was a very good dog, well bred. As we were walking out the door to go to our wedding at church, the phone rang and a man told us he worked at the pound an d a dog matching her description was there. We thanked him but had to go to our wedding (duh) and the next morning we called but they denied ever having her. The young man called several days later to check on his reward money, and couldn't believe it when we told him they said they didn't have her. He said "I know dogs and she was there!" We later heard that local dogs were disappearing from Ohio into neighboring states and being sold. We never saw her agin.
Several years later my friend's two goldens were also nabbed.:( There's alot of heartless people out there.

Tonielle
08-11-2005, 11:59 AM
There are dog thefts here in Ireland constantly.

Unfortunately, sometimes the theives are so determined and cheeky that they will actually go into your garden and steal your dog over the fence while you are at home!!!

The stories I've heard are heartbreaking...

:(