PDA

View Full Version : For the vet...

catnapper
08-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Today we have an apointment to find out once and for all what is wrong with Angel and how to fix it. I decided to make a list of everything. Here's what I've got so far... anyone think of anything else I should mention to the vet? Anything I've missed?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Food:
 Nutro Max Kitten dry – will NOT eat dry.
 Nutro Natural pouches wet

My adults eat
 Nutro Max WM & Hairball control
 Occasional Friskies canned
 Whiskas Meaty Selections & Fancy Feast dry as treats

Always plenty of fresh water available (with ice of course)

She and Flutter get fed alone in a separate room. I often take her aside and feed her completely away from even Flutter. She spits out all kitten dry food now (Would eat it before... not at all now). Won’t touch it. LOVES adult dry food.

Litter:
 unscented clumping in genereal areas, scooped several times a day – ALWAYS right after she goes
 non-clumping clay in the room I separate them in at night
 6 litter boxes for 6 cats

Bed:
During the day, she’s with me wherever I am.
 In my office, she’ll sleep either on the windowsill, behind my computer monitor, or on my worktable.
 In my bedroom, she’ll sleep on the laundry basket or under the bed
 In the front room at night, she’ll sleep on an upholstered chair

Behavior:
 Typically very active and playful, but has been quiet the past few days
 good appetite – attacks wet food as if she’s never eaten before, refuses kitten dry
 Attentive and comes when called
 leaks poop constantly, especially when I pick her up
 Won’t let me clean her bottom – too swollen and inflamed looking. Imagine it hurts too much for me to touch it, even to attempt to put Neosporin on it.

Other cats:
(here I describe everyone's po... thought I'd dit the descriptions for ya! ;) )

All other cats (both foster and non-foster) are active, playful, good appetites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I cover everything the vet should know? I want to make sur she knows EVERYTHING about her habits, where she's been, what she's eaten. EVERYTHING.

Off to bathe her right now. She pooped on herself for the first time today. I don't want to have the vet thinking I let her sit in her own poo now, do I? ;)

Craftlady
08-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Sounds like you got everything covered.
I'd ask the vet if she/he thinks it might be IB. Sure sounds like it might be a possibilty. Has your vet considered putting them on venison (spell?) aka deer product. It's a vet rx food and is used allot with cronic potty problems. Its not cheap, our vet suggested it for Skinny and I tried other foods first (Nutro) which worked for us. I was glad we didnt have to do that venison route.

catmandu
08-10-2005, 06:02 PM
GCK,LOVED THE NUTRIENCE HOLISTIC DUCK,AND PHEASANT,BOTH THE CANNED,AND DRY.
I WOULD SEND YOU SOME,BUT,THE POSTAGE,IS RIDICULOUS.
I WOUD CHECK,YOUR PETSMART,OR PETCO,TO SEE,IF THEY WOULD HAVE SAMPLE BAGS,FOR YOU,TO TRY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture618.jpg

momcat
08-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Your list seems quite comprehensive. When Groucho was a baby, maybe 4-5 months he developed a case of the "squirts" so it was off to our vet. She did some tests, including FIP (negative!!!) and put him on Feline-ID. It's a prescription food both, wet and dry, that you can only get at a vet's. Groucho loved it and did very well on it. Maybe Angel just needs a chow change. Prayers being prayed that your vet can figure this out and get Angel to feel better very soon. Please let us know what happens?

Lightning SuperCat
08-11-2005, 06:48 AM
Wow it looks like you covered everything! The only thing that I can think of is just any random questons you might have. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm praying for Angel!!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Good luck little Angel girl

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Wow, what a list! :eek: But it's good to be so thorough. The more they know the better they can guess at what the problem is.