PDA

View Full Version : Update on Jes!!!:D

jesse_3
08-09-2005, 10:29 PM
The update on Jesse has good and bad news. She is still in heat, but she rubbed her rear end on the ground and irritated it, so they gave us something for that:) I am so glad!
Thank you everyone for praying and keeping Jesse in your thoughts!

Bad news, spaying her will be $110.00 plus more for other things. We don't really have money, so we were really worried about if she had something wrong. We are at a loss with the whole spaying thing. I am going to check around our area to see if anyone is cheaper...:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone SO much once again!-Steph and Jes

cyber-sibes
08-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Call around (or check the internet) - many counties have a spay-neuter clinic. if not in yours, try ones near you. It costs about a third of what a reg. vet charges, so it's worth driving a little, but they may have a waiting list you need to sign up for. Good luck, glad to hear she's ok.

jesse_3
08-10-2005, 12:35 AM
(MY 1000th post!!!!!!)

Thanks cyber-cybes! I will check the vet around our area for that, we have many hick towns around us, that probably won't have a special vet like that.
We are the biggest town, and we are only about 9,000 people:eek:

Steph and Jes

Oggyflute
08-10-2005, 03:47 AM
Best thoughts and wishes for Jesse Steph, I'm sure she will be OK.:)

vinjashira
08-10-2005, 03:52 AM
I'm glad that the it's not something serrious - and congratulations for 1000th post!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-10-2005, 04:50 AM
Glad to hear that its nothing too serious - maybe we should have a PT fund-raiser to help with the spaying costs???

Congrats on your 1000th post!

Ginger's Mom
08-10-2005, 05:52 AM
I am glad to hear it was nothing serious. You may be able to find somewhere cheaper. I would ask at the local shelter and rescue agencies to see what doctors they use, or if they may even offer assistance. For example there is a group around here called Friends of Animals who for a $10.00 donation will send you a certificate to have your dog spayed for $60.00, there are several doctors who accept those certificates (those amounts are from about seven years ago). I hope Jesse is back to normal soon. :)

barncat
08-10-2005, 06:16 AM
Check around...I've found that vets that do farm animals as well as pets tend to be much cheaper... Good luck and glad she's ok.

Daisy and Delilah
08-10-2005, 08:40 AM
We have been so worried about this sweet girl and we're breathing a sigh of relief right now to know she's okay. We have a special place in our hearts for her. Wishing you all the luck in the world on the spaying issue. Praying for you guys still. Something will turn up:)

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW PILLARHOOD!!!!

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

Jamieejo85
08-10-2005, 10:32 AM
I am glad that nothing is seriously wrong with her...I have been thinking about her a lot lately. I hope you find a cheaper place to get her spayed..please keep us updated...maybe there is a vet that will let you do a payment plan????

lv4dogs
08-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Glad to hear that it is nothing too serious.

You should also check out your local shelters to see if they offer discounted spays/neuters for low income families.

luvofallhorses
08-10-2005, 11:02 AM
I am glad it wasn't anything serious! :) I wish you lived closer because this weekend we are having a free spay/neuter clinic on Saturday and Sunday and you could get Jesse done for free. I wish you luck on looking for low/cost spay and neuter clinics! :) If you need any help with finding one, PM me and I will do my best to try and help you! :)

jesse_3
08-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Thank you so much everyone! Jesse gives you HUGE kisses for keeping her in your prayers!

As for the spaying, I have not checked around yet, I have been REALLY busy with getting a time and place planned out for our new hedgie!-Now I can look around.

luvofallhorses, I am going to pm you with some things with spaying;) I really wish that I lived closer to you too! Free, that would be nice!!!

Glad to hear that its nothing too serious - maybe we should have a PT fund-raiser to help with the spaying costs???

Oh, I don't know. That is a lot of you guys to ask, sending me money for my furbabe...I think that it is a lot to ask of my PT family, after praying for Jes, my cousin, and my grandpa. Thanks for the suggestion though:)

Steph and Jes

katienoonan
08-10-2005, 05:34 PM
I had Lucy spayed at the humane society(I didn't get her there) and it only cost me $65 and all she had to have was a negative heartworm test and a rabies vaccine. Good luck, I hope you find someone affordable.