PDA

View Full Version : An Update on My Situation

purrley
03-01-2002, 07:19 AM
If you all recall I had to give my Tess (Chihuahua) back to the breeder about 3 weeks ago because of problems in the Condo Complex where I live. The breeder is my daughter's sister in law so I've been able to keep tabs on her and she's really happy so at least I can be at ease with that. I haven't been to see her because it's just too hard. There's no way I can tell you all the anguish, heart ache and just plain horrible emotional up heaval I've experienced. The Board of the Condo Complex still expects me to get rid of 3 of my 4 cats, but it simply isn't possible. There is no way I could hold up emotionally, if any of them had to go away. These people have no idea what this whole thing is doing to me. I am looking at property and have a realtor helping me get an idea of what's out there if I want to buy a new home. In the meantime all this emotional stuff has turned from me being really sad and scared to being MAD and defiant. Maybe that's good. I was given until Mar 1st to come into compliance about the cats so I expect to hear soon about what they intend to do. Doesn't matter what they do, my babies are not going anywhere!!!!

Former User
03-01-2002, 07:28 AM
Oh darn with those people! Why can't they just let you be already. As if it isn't enough that you had to give up Tess.
I can't understand how those cats of yours would bother their lives? Just the fact that they know they are there, bother them apparentely. That just makes me so mad, why do some people think they can tell others how to live their lives?? ARGH!!! :mad:

I hope they will leave you alone now, and that you would not have to move. But if you do, good luck finding a new home!

Hang on Purrley and hugs!!!!

lynnestankard
03-01-2002, 07:31 AM
Oh Purrley - thats so horrible.
No wonder you feel like you do. I'd be falling apart by the minute. You hang on in there and DON'T let 'em bully you. As though it's not bad enough having to give Tess back but how do you get homes for three furbabies?!!!
I do hope your having some luck looking for a new home - I wish I lived nearer - you could come and share with us - what are seven cats among friends:)
Hey everyone - shoould we start a Purrley Protection Pack? PPP!
I've got my fingers crossed and three anxious cats wanting to be assured four American cousins are not being evicted.:(

Hugs and Love
Lynne

Gio
03-01-2002, 07:32 AM
They just won't ease up on you will they? I think they are a bunch of ignorant burocrats :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hang on in there and don't give up, we are all with you. You WILL find a solution soon.

jennifert
03-01-2002, 07:42 AM
Hang in there Purrley! It is so ridiculous that they would care so much about your cats when they are not bothering anyone!! Don't give in!! Stand your ground. These people think they can push you around and now that Tess is gone they think they are "winning" Well don't let them! It's amazing how many people will back down from just a little polite stubbornness!! Stay informed and stand tall!!!!! We're all behind you suporting you!! Good luck and let us know the latest!! (Don't make me come out there Purrley!! Because I will....to give them a piece of my mind!! What would they do if all of us Pet Talkers showed up at their next meeting! :D ;) )

purrley
03-01-2002, 07:56 AM
Jenn - that would be awesome in deed if you all came out to the next Board meeting. Spencer - I've already got a plan for the kitties if I have to move them for a while. My daughter has already put 2 of them (my Siamese) in her name with the City (licensed them). I know that the law does not permit anyone to come in and search my home without a search warrant so its really my word against theirs. I just can't believe they'd go so far as a search warrent for a couple of felines, but on the other hand they sure seem to be on a mission to make people comply. I'm certainly not the only one being pursecuted on this so I do expect an uprising with others in the same boat. It's going to be interesting and I'll keep ya posted. Thanks all of you for your support.

wolflady
03-01-2002, 11:18 PM
Purrley, this is just so annoying!! I can't believe that these people don't have anything better to do than to freakin' bug you about your cats!!:mad: It's bad enough that you had to give up Tess after all the hard work you put into training her, not to mention the love and bond you had with her. I'm glad that you're going to stand up to these stubborn people!! I'm glad to know that you are looking for different housing options also. I'm sure they wouldn't want to lose a tennant...and it would be even better if you could get some folks in the same complex as you to band together on this matter. Hang in there!! Lots of hugs to you!!:) Do keep us posted. I'm sure the board wouldn't want to deal with a bunch of angry Pet Talkers! HA!

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-01-2002, 11:25 PM
YOU GO GIRL!! Hold onto those babies!! And good luck with your situation, you sure do have some lucky kitties to have such a sweet owner.