PDA

View Full Version : Now performing in the litterbox room...

jazzcat
08-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Jazzcat!

I told Sirrahbed this already and since hubby thinks I have no shame I figure I'll share it with everyone. We have a litter box set up in the garage for Ripley when he wants to potty alone. It's kind of his bachelor pad when he needs to get away from all the younger brats. Anyway, after a few noisey scares he is now afraid to go out there by himself and wants me to go with him.

I took him out the other tonight but just as he got in the box some thunder rumbled in the distance. Ripley is terrified of thunder (and just about everything else) so he got upset and wanted back inside. I knew he needed to go badly so I began singing to cover up the thunder. There I was standing in the middle of the garage singing "Moon River" to Ripley as he peed in the litterbox.

Why Moon River? I heard it on the TV as I walked through the house on the way out to the garage. I don't know all the words so I made some up about Ripley to the tune.

Now that it works I go out with him daily and my latest song is "Just A Gigalo" - the David Lee Roth version. Today Ripley meowed at me as to say get some new material or maybe it was do I take requests.

Only you guys will understand. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-09-2005, 07:31 PM
:D :D :D

Too funny! Yes, only a true cat lover would do this for her beloved. :D

momcat
08-09-2005, 07:34 PM
I LOVE IT!!!!! Does he have a favorite song? Boy, what we won't do for our cats.....

jazzcat
08-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by momcat
I LOVE IT!!!!! Does he have a favorite song? Boy, what we won't do for our cats.....
Just A Gigalo is his favorite. I've sung it to him since he was a kitten and it would always calm him down. :D

catnapper
08-09-2005, 07:52 PM
LOL... Thats ok, I was just singing to Pouncer. Changing the words to Old MacDonald...

Old MacDonald had a farm E I E I O...
and on this farm he had a Pouncer
E I E I O
with a hiss hiss here
and a hiss hiss there
hiss here, hiss there,
hiss hiss everywhere.

Pouncer was eating it up and letting me rub his belly and cuddle. :D

It didn't last long: hubby made me stop singing because he couldn't hear his sports scores!

sirrahbed
08-09-2005, 08:00 PM
:D :D What am *I* laughing at? Here it is "Winnie the Pooh" only with their names..."Emily-Sue, Emily-Sue, you're a sweety yes a sweety I love you - my Emily-Sue...":p

Moon River and Just a Gigolo are rather interesting choices!! Why not? We do what we have to:rolleyes:

slick
08-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Smoking in the boys room
Smoking in the boys room
Teacher don't you fill me
Up with your rules
Everybody knows that
Smoking ain't allowed in school

:D :D

Craftlady
08-09-2005, 08:12 PM
This is great, thanks for sharing with us.
BTW, love your new siggy Catnapper. School house is perfect. :)

catmandu
08-09-2005, 08:21 PM
MY FAVORITE,IS COOL FOR CATS,BY THE SQUEEZE,ESPECIALLY THE LINE,WE ALL KNOW,THAT ITS COOL,TO BE A CAT!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture599.jpg

COOL,FOR CATS!!

shais_mom
08-09-2005, 11:42 PM
what a lucky kitty
serenaded while pottying! ;)

RICHARD
08-10-2005, 12:19 AM
I want to see the music video.......

*hint hint*

jenluckenbach
08-10-2005, 05:11 AM
ROTFLMBO

Killearn Kitties
08-10-2005, 05:29 AM
Such an excellent service you provide. No wonder he likes it out there. :D

orangemm
08-10-2005, 05:41 AM
Do you make housecalls? Might be a service other kitties would like.;)

I'll have to keep this in mind when Binky freaks out at thunder!

auggie
08-10-2005, 06:00 AM
LOL!!! I would have loved to seen a video of your litterbox room performance.:D

catlover4ever
08-10-2005, 07:43 AM
Too funny....the things we will do for our babies.

furrykidsmother
08-10-2005, 07:54 AM
That is very sweet of you! I think I may have to try that during the next storm. Hubby may not understand though.

JenBKR
08-10-2005, 08:26 AM
ROFLMAO That is tooooo funny! The things we do for our furbabies! Now you will have to do that all the time!! :D

Pam
08-10-2005, 08:34 AM
LOL! I have a doozy of a mental picture going in my mind! LOL! After reading about Lisa (catcrazylady) praying and calling out to Pete in the dark in her back yard when he was missing, I am sure that people must think animal lovers are a little goofy. Don't worry, though, all of us PTers understand and think your behavior is totally normal. ;) :p

smokey the elder
08-10-2005, 09:27 AM
"O sole meow...."

lvpets2002
08-10-2005, 10:36 AM
:D That is all too funny. Yes you are right we all understand & have done so much similer things for our furr babies.. So do we have new songs yet.. ;)

Laura's Babies
08-10-2005, 11:18 AM
I'd say this is kin to singing in the shower?

ONLY on PT do we feel safe shareing what we do for our babies!

DJFyrewolf36
08-10-2005, 03:32 PM
LOL that is too cute! I'm glad Ripley was soothed by your singing. My crew is self concious about the litterbox, if they happen to catch me watching or even looking in the direction of the box when they want to go, they'll wait until I look away.

Gotta love cats ;)

Lightning SuperCat
08-11-2005, 06:19 AM
ROFLOL!!!! That is too funny! What wouldn't we do for our kitties? :p :D :D

Pam
08-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
"O sole meow...."

:D :D :D :D

DJFyrewolf, my Andy is a shy one when it comes to the litterbox. Yesterday is the first time I ever actually saw him in it. (I have had him 9 years!!) I had seen him after going while he is furiously covering, but never in the act. LOL! He had actually started to *go* and couldn't do anything about the fact that I had spied him. LOL!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-11-2005, 09:28 AM
I believe Terry is finally coming around to the PT way of thinking. When I read him this story, his first reaction was when I mentioned that Ripley was afraid of thunder. His reaction: "Awww....poor little guy." Then when I continued on about the singing part, he just laughed and said "Well, you gotta do what you gotta do!" :eek: :eek:

I was expecting a response like "What kind of crazy people are on that board?" or something similar. Instead, he completely understood. ;) :D :D

slick
08-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Instead, he completely understood.
Well, he's met us now and perhaps realizes that he is as crazy as we are. No wonder he fit in so well!! ;) :D

I actually tried singing to Max this morning....he just looked up at me, blinked, and walked away. :eek: Guess I won't be having a second show today.

Donnaj4962
08-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Once I walk in the door after a day at work, after a belly rub for Sasha and a head scritch for Tabitha, I head to the kitchen area. Sasha ALWAYS joins me and quickly heads to the litterbox, which is in the laundry room just off the kitchen. She sticks her little hiney in the box, and positions those paws on the front, and stares straight ahead. (concentrating???!!!!) Half of her body in and half out, and staring straight ahead! She does this literally every day! I often wonder if my returning home is her reminder to use the litterbox??!!! I have never tried singing to her. I usually just say something like, "Well I am glad I got home so you could remember to use the bathroom!" What does Tabitha do during this???? She sits on the table and waits for supper! My girls are so fun!::D

jazzcat
08-11-2005, 03:41 PM
I knew you all would get a chuckle and totally understand!!!!

NoahsMommy
08-11-2005, 04:26 PM
YOU are soooooo cute!!!!! That's why we love you!!

:) Ripley sure is a lucky boy. ♥

kimlovescats
08-11-2005, 06:29 PM
HA HA HA!!! I can just see it now .... too cute, Lori!!!:D