PDA

View Full Version : Making Progress with Vegas

catlover4ever
08-09-2005, 03:12 PM
If anyone remembers I posted about a cat that has been hanging around my mom's house lately. I have taken to feeding him and trying to get him more comfortable around me.

I am happy and surprised to report that last night I went out to feed him and I was able to sit with him and pet him while he was eating. He still cringes when I touch him and he is trying to eat so I left him so he could get some food.

I went back outside to look for my mom's cat Rascal and I caught Vegas drinking from the pool. I called his name and took a seat on the lounge chair. Well he came running....which is very strange.

I continued to sit with him and out of the blue he jumped up on the lounge chair and started rolling all over the place. He let me pet him and give him chin rubs. He was so very loving and then he seemed to get a little upset so I stopped what I was doing and just sat with him.

For a treat I gave him a large mouse with some dried catnip on it....I think it made his night to have some lovings and then a treat of catnip.

Here is his picture again. I thought he was completely black but he is actually part black and part brown. I hope he continues to trust me so I can get him neutered and then take him to the new house once it's ready.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid180/peb419eaf6429926b4b97d84b738e9fb7/f3041648.jpg

furrykidsmother
08-09-2005, 03:47 PM
That is great that he is finally warming up to you! Continued success!

catmandu
08-09-2005, 03:51 PM
SLOWLY,BUT SURELY,YOU WILL CALM,HIS FEARS,THEN YOU WILL HAVE A BRAND NEW CAT COMPANION,A NEW FRIEND,FOR THE YEARS,TO HAVE,AS A TRUE FRIEND.
GOOD LUCK,WITH TAMING,THAT WONDERFUL CAT,VEGAS!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture599.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Yeah! Way to go Vegas! Play your cards right and you'll have the best home ever! :D

orangemm
08-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes, I remember Vegas!! I was wondering how things were progressing and if you had made any headway with him.

Well, you have to be at the top of the hit parade after that good food, lovins, and a catnip mouse! That guy must have thought he died and went to heaven. I'm sure he'll be back to see what else you have in store for him.

Come on back, Vegas!!!

catnapper
08-09-2005, 04:35 PM
That sounds promising! I bet he'll be your biggest lover kitty too!

momcat
08-09-2005, 08:08 PM
What wonderful news about Vegas! Sure sounds like you're winning him over. Patience.....

slick
08-09-2005, 08:12 PM
So happy to hear that Vegas is making progress. Kudos to you!!

smokey the elder
08-10-2005, 09:33 AM
I've found when I've worked with taming "projects" that breakthroughs in their trust level can be very dramatic. It's like they just make up their minds one day that it's safe to make friends.