PDA

View Full Version : Is your dog a loner?

petslover
08-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Just curious if your dogs are loners or always with another dog..

I know Buster, CoCo, and Muffin love each other. They never want to be apart from each other. They play constantly.

But Tiger and Ziggy are loners. Tiger wants far as way from the others as possible. He don't like them to be near him. lol. Ziggy on the other hand she will tolerate CoCo and Buster but she won't play with them. I don't know if it has to do with size difference, but Tiger and Ziggy are my loners.

Almita
08-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Muneca and Chiquis are always together.

lute
08-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Gracie and Beanie love being together. when i let one of them out of their crate they go paw at the other crate for me to let them out.

ParNone
08-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Hummm I wouldn't exactly call mine loners, but their bond is stonger with me then with each other. They stay in the vicinity of each other most times, but they don't stay right next to each other.

With it being summer, Murph chooses to lay on the ceramic tile in the bathroom. Gull is usually laying right next to me on the floor. Oz usually lays on my bed as long as he can see me. If he can't, he moves to where he's near me too.

For playing, Murph and Oz will play together and Gull and Oz will play together. The only time Murph and Gull play together is when it's all 3 or 4, if I'm playing.

So I guess what I'm saying is, mine like being around each other, but they aren't joined at the hip.

Par...

flamepony12
08-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Mackenzie & Muffin are two peas in a pod, but Zeus usually just sticks with me. :)

Anita Cholaine
08-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Anita is the only baby in the house, but I think she would love to have a new friend... Maybe she could be a bit jealous, 'cause she always gets everything she wants...

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Tia's almost always by herself, I sometiems find her sleeping with Winston though and in the winter she's curled up with Tanog a lot of the time to keep warm. Winston and Tango love eachother and constantly are together but Tango spends more time with me and Winston spends more time wiht my mom than they do with eachother. I hope all of that made sense....

tikeyas_mom
08-09-2005, 03:27 PM
at home tikeya hangs out with oscar and baby..

at the dog park she is a loner..

cali
08-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Misty is not at all a loner she cannot tollerate being without either a person or another dog, usually Blair and Ripley. Happy is a loner, she comes for short visits with people and Misty, then goes back to the basment or whatever by herself, her visits last all of a couple seconds , otherwsie she stays as fasr away from others as she can. Perky well Perky preferes to be with people, but she will play with Ripley at times. Blair is a loner but he does not WANT to be a loner, ever since he was a puppy he has always wanted to be with other dogs, the problem? Misty is the ONLY dog that likes him lol he just wants to play with the others so bad but they wont have anything to do with him.

Vette
08-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Mine has to be a loaner.
he plays fine one minute and then goes ape the next.
so just keep him away from all dogs period.

barncat
08-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Luckie border (collie +?) has always loved everyone and every species and will play, play, play with cats or dogs or people until they leave....or pass out. She was a rescue that I've now had forfour years or so.

Last year I added Buster (keeshund) who was at the HS for the second time in his life, was 9 years old and suffering from very infected teeth. I needed him like a hole in the head, but could not let him be put down.. so when his time ran out he came to live with me. He had lived with a terrier that he had tolerated but not played with. He ignored cats. (Someone else adopted the terrier)

At first he was very reserved with my crew and really looked forward to the times he and I would go visiting alone. He still loves one on one with me, but now he an Luckie are best buds. When he and I go visiting at 10:30 pm he will "tell" me it is time to go home to his Luckie. He plays with several of the cats and is no longer a loner.

jesse_3
08-09-2005, 10:44 PM
Jesse and Sammy are like they are stuck together, unless I am interfearing. Then Jesse pushes Sammy aside:( Other than that, they are best buds! When one is gone, and the other dog is at home, they run away to look for eachother.

Steph and Jes

RobiLee
08-10-2005, 12:31 AM
No, my girls aren't loners. They are together most times and and usually with me.

Jamieejo85
08-10-2005, 10:48 AM
My dogs really do enjoy being together. If I have Guapo and he sees Chico he wants to go be with him and play. Sometimes though Chico enjoys alone time with his mama.:)

cloverfdx
08-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Nope my guys love to hang out togtether, they love to have naps together, wrestle etc. And Mums 2 little dogs are totally devoted to one another and spend almost every minute with one another ;).

luvofallhorses
08-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Jenny and Buster stick together, Ginger stays with my mom and Rocky with my dad :)(he'll play occasionally with Buster :) )

vinjashira
08-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Snowyis the only dog in our house but I don't think she is a loner. She loves the company of other dogs, especially Scruffy, another jack russell from work :)

swimma253
08-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Meeka just has me. :) She plays with my grandma's dog Luci, alot... and my best friends dog Stella. But thats about it. :)