PDA

View Full Version : Samantha Puppy - names for Nug

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-09-2005, 10:12 AM
I tried to find the other name thread, but it's gone. :confused:

Anyway, for some reason yesterday while I was in the shower, two names popped into my head. I don't normally go around thinking about names for baby boys, but these popped into my head and got me thinking about names.

The first one is Grayson. Didn't know if that went well with Patterson, but I really like the name Grayson. Terry's nephew's name.

And then I thought "Hmmm.....good solid name.....Stone - like Stone Phillips of 20/20 or whatever show he's on.

Then I started thinking....who names their kid Stone? Then I thought of Rock, like Rock Hudson, which was probably just a stage name, but did Stone's mother not what a Rock, just a Stone? Then I thought...who names their kid Stone? :confused:

Anyway, so much for my musings on baby boy names. ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
08-09-2005, 10:29 AM
shall we start this one again?

I've always loved Benjamin ;)

Samantha Puppy
08-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks T&P's Mom.

I deleted the other threads about the whole name thing. I was beginning to feel uncomfortable with them and got the feeling that everyone was sick of hearing/reading about it, so I decided the best thing to do was delete them and sick to posting about Samantha, Sushi, Kirin, Kimi and Maya.

I do like Grayson but can't use it for two reasons. 1) I just don't think it looks/sounds right to have an -son first name with an -son last name; and 2) We love the name Grace and will consider using it if we ever have a girl. Having a Grayson and Grace = way too cutesy. Thanks for the thought though!

As for Stone... LOL at your Rock vs. Stone comment. And I'm with you, who names their kid Stone? What's next, Pebble? Gravel? Or in the opposite direction, Boulder? hehe

I think our two top co-contenders are Benjamin Joshua and Evan Joshua. I guess we'll see!

Thanks again for the thought.

jazzcat
08-09-2005, 12:36 PM
LOL, you got me thinking. My maiden name is Stone and when I was in high school I was nomiated for class secretary. Part of our campaign was to make signs to hang around school. I remember one that read "Get a Piece of the Rock, vote for Lori Stone", just like those insurance commercials. Needless to say that sign was removed quickly. :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
08-09-2005, 01:02 PM
A boy??? How exciting!!! :)

Love the names you've picked out so far.

mina'smomma
08-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey now I like Rock Hudson. LOL He is one of my favorite old time actors. I absolutely love his cute grin.