PDA

View Full Version : Twicket is gone

Glacier
08-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Twicket lost his battle with time late this afternoon. I could not have asked for a better crossing for him, if he had to go. He was calm, serene and in no pain. He died in my arms, which was his most favorite place to be. His breathing had been shallow for about half an hour. Then he let out two big sighs, stretched his paws out around my neck and was gone.

I am so grateful that he waited for me to get home and that I was able to spend those last moments with him. I spent several hours today just holding him and telling him how very much I love him. My boss was kind enough to let me have a two hour lunch break and I left early so I could spend time with him. I got to tell him everything I needed to and I know that he left surrounded by nothing but love.

He was an amazing cat and I was blessed to know him. I will miss his purr, his snuggles, the way he slept around my head. I'm not sure my heart can take this. It has only been nine weeks since Dominique died.

I know that he was met at the bridge by Dominique and Hoodoo and that all three of my bridge kids are together, happy and healthy. The ravages of old age no longer affect Twicket and he is able to play and run again. I hope there are lots of honeysuckle trees up there. He did love his honeysuckle!

Rest well, my little angel. You deserve it. I wish we had more time together, but I don't regret a second of what we did have. I knew you wouldn't be here for a terribly long time when I adopted you. You were already over 13. My heart is broken again now, but you were so worth it. I love you, snuggle-buddy. I will see you when I get there.

slick
08-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Oh my gosh, I just don't know what to say. I just posted in the thread with the pictures. Serious LES going on here. :( :( :(

I'm so sorry. Safe trip to the bridge little one. How lucky you were to have such a loving Meowmie.

chocolatepuppy
08-08-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm so sorry. :( May Twicket Rest in Peace.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-08-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm so sorry, Glacier. :(

You are right though, nobody could ask for a better, more peaceful crossing. I'm so glad you were able to be there with him.

RIP Twicket. Say Hi to Tubby.

Another one of my very favorite PT kitties gone. :(

{{{hugs}}} to you Glacier. :(

CalliesMom
08-08-2005, 08:01 PM
:( :( :( Tears are streaming down my face. I am so sorry for your loss but am grateful Twicket found some a wonderful home his last few years.

lisalee
08-08-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm so very sorry. I'm glad that Twicket got the chance to have a loving home with you in his later years. At least he knew true love with you. He's okay now though and free from any pain. My heart breaks for you.

jazzcat
08-08-2005, 08:16 PM
I am so very sorry. My heart aches for you. :(

Twicket was such a very special boy and was one of those here at PT that had a special place in my heart. Such a sad day.

Rest in Peace sweet Twicket. I hope you play hard at the Bridge. If you see my Disney please tell her I miss her.

:(

kittycats_delight
08-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by CalliesMom
:( :( :( Tears are streaming down my face. I am so sorry for your loss but am grateful Twicket found some a wonderful home his last few years.

Me too. I can't stop the tears. My heart breaks for you. Twicket was sooo special and sooo beautiful. An amazing boy who knew you loved him with all your heart and who loved you right back.

Twicket will have a huge and great welcoming committee waiting at the bridge for his arrival. My Mytsi Angel says not to worry there are lots of great huge honeysuckle trees there and the biggest, sweetest smelling and best one is reserved just for him.

I am soooo sorry. (((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) for you though I know they will not heal your broken heart right now.

R.I.P. Twicket you were one in a million. We love you.

catnapper
08-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Oh God, I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you. I must have missed that he was ill... for that I am sorry. I am glad you had your last moments together and know that he's at the RB watching over you and the others. {{HUGS}}

sirrahbed
08-08-2005, 08:29 PM
I am glad that Twicket's passing was so peaceful - even better than you had wished because he was in your arms. I am sorry that you have to lose him though:( What a sweetheart boy!

luvofallhorses
08-08-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm so terribly sorry, Glacier :( (((hugs)))

Craftlady
08-08-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
It's a comfort to know he passed without pain.
Bless your boss for giving you extra time today for lunch.

krazyaboutkatz
08-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Glacier, I'm so sorry to hear about Twicket's passing.:( He was one of my favorite senior kitties and I'm going to miss seeing new pictures of him. At least he knew that he was loved during his last 2 years with you. Now he's able to play happily and pain free at Rainbow Bridge and you'll both be reunited some day. RIP sweet Twicket. I'm sure going to miss you.:( Please take care Glacier. (((HUGS)))

kuhio98
08-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Glacier ~ I am so sorry for the loss of Twicket. What a gift to be there with him and to be able to tell him everything you wanted and needed. I will never forget Twicket and the special love you shared.

A Place in our Hearts

They will not go quietly;
the cats who've shared our lives,
In subtle ways they let us know
their spirit still survives.
Old habits still make us think
we hear a meow at the door.
Or step back when we drop
a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place
the food bowl used to be,
And, sometimes, coming home at night,
we miss them terribly.
And although time may bring new friends
and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts
belongs to them....
and always will

popcornbird
08-08-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Glacier. :( Twicket was such a special cat. Hugs to you during this difficult time.

NoahsMommy
08-08-2005, 09:22 PM
As it says on my grandmother and grandfather's head stone:
Gone, but not forgotten

Twicket, we'll all remember you. That cuddly, sweet boy...who had a really loving mommy that'll miss you emensely.

RIP, sweet boy.

LoudLou
08-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Godspeed, Twicket...:(

RedHedd
08-08-2005, 09:51 PM
RIP and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Twicket. Please give my Goldie a few kisses too. You are both missed. :(

Cinder & Smoke
08-08-2005, 10:01 PM
~ Twicket ~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/chin.jpg

Gone, to The Bridge ~
But Never to be Forgotten.

Rest In Eternal Peace, Dear Twicket.

:(

wolflady
08-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear of Twicket's passing, but I'm so glad that you were able to have that time with him. I just posted in the thread with you and him cuddling, and I can tell that he loved you as much as you loved him :(
God speed, special cuddly angel...you were loved.

**hugs**

Shady
08-08-2005, 10:51 PM
I must have visited this thread 10 times already and each time, I cry so much that I cant see to type, but I cannot not add my thoughts and sympathies.

The pictures of you and Twicket snuggling are heartwarming and very touching. His sweetness comes through in each and every one and what's more I can see the love you have for eachother. NOTHING can take that away, just as nothing can take away your memories together.

Twicket's passing on to the Rainbow Bridge was bitter, yet sweet, that's the only way I can verbalize it, I only wish it was that way all the time for everyone.

God speed Twicket..play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.

Til you meet again.

My sincerest condolences.
Tess

Corinna
08-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Glacier I'm sending you hugs. I know how when they must go it's so nice to have it be with the one they love most with them. I was there holding Merlin when we had to send him to the bridge. I'm sure Twinket is having a great time with Hoodoo and Dom

slick
08-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Darn you, Phred. I come back to read this thread again and now I'm bawling like a baby. :( :(

Sending more healing prayers out to you Glacier! One day, I'm going to make it up there and give you a hug in purrson.

Prairie Purrs
08-09-2005, 12:08 AM
You gave your sweet boy the best possible sendoff--he was able to slip away peacefully in the arms of the one who loved him best.

Rest gently, Twicket.

Nomilynn
08-09-2005, 02:09 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Words feel so inadequate right now.. RIP dear Twicket.

Barbara
08-09-2005, 02:49 AM
Twicket, I didn't really meet you until these days your mom posted the thread about you not doing well.

But these pictures of you cuddled with your mom belong to the most precious I've ever seen here.

You had a special bond with her and it is a good thing that you could stretch your paws that last time when you were in her arms.

We will miss you here but you will be doing so much better- with all the Rainbow kids, under that honeysuckle tree.

Killearn Kitties
08-09-2005, 04:01 AM
I'm so sorry that you have lost Twicket, but what a wonderful life he had with you. He obviously loved you to bits and loved his cuddle sessions. I'm so glad you were able to be with him.

Rest in peace, beautiful Twicket.

jenluckenbach
08-09-2005, 05:56 AM
Typing through the tears is almost impossible. I can not tell you how sorry I am that you lost your beloved Twicket. Memories of his last years with you as a cherished memebr of a family shall remain in your heart forever. Godspeed dear Twicket, I can feel your presence here, and so should your family.

Sonia59
08-09-2005, 06:33 AM
I am so sorry that you lost Twicket, but he had a fantastic life with you. I am glad he passed so peacefully, and with so much love around him. It could not have been better and you did your best for him.

I did not know him since a long time, but I will never forget the sweet pics of him and you.

Rest in peace, precious Twicket. have a great time at the Rainbow Bridge.

Maresche
08-09-2005, 07:18 AM
Oh this just breaks my heart.

I am so sorry to hear that Twicket has left you so soon. But there is no doubt that the years spent with you were the best of his life by far. He loved you dearly and will be waiting at the bridge.

{{HUGS}} to you Glacier.

RIP dear chap and play hard at the bridge.

catlover4ever
08-09-2005, 07:23 AM
Glacier, I am so very sorry. :( My heart breaks for you but you are absolutely right in that Twicket could not have had a better passing. May he find many of our dear furfamily over the Rainbow Bridge.

Godspeed Twicket....you were loved dearly and had some really wonderful years with your family. RIP. :(

Karen
08-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Rest in peace, snuggly one. Look for my Uncle Mac up there, he adored kitties down here, and will be sure to provide a few extra snuggles, too.

Loved were you
And lovely and teasured
And soft as a cloud
Now you drift carefree
And watch over your Mom
And when thunder calls,
She'll just know it's your purrs
Amplified by the distance
From the Rainbow Bridge to home.

Laura's Babies
08-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Althought you warned us yesterday, it still hits hard when someone looses one of their babies. I had to wait for the tears to stop before I could post.

When you posted you thought, yesterday was the day.. I started praying for a peaceful passing and that he go in your arms! He was such a special boy that he deserved that... To go on being held by the one he loved, feeling the love from you as he let go.

I can promise you, you will still remember him in 20 years, you will never forget him, the pain just is easier but the emptiness he leaves in your heart and arms will never be filled.

You have my depest symapthies and may you find some peace in this memorial I made for him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/TwicketMemorial.jpg

(It is showing up hudge in privew although I made it a lot smaller. If it posts large, I will make it smaller.)

emily_the_spoiled
08-09-2005, 08:04 AM
Glacier, I am so sorry to read about Twicket. I know that it is never easy when a loved one goes over to the Rainbow Bridge, but he is now playing and healthy just waiting for you.

God speed Twicket :(

Pawsitive Thinking
08-09-2005, 08:10 AM
Glacier - I am so very sorry to read of your loss. Thank you so much for sharing those marvellous photos of Twicket - truly a cat in a million

Queen of Poop
08-09-2005, 08:24 AM
So terribly sorry for your loss of Twicket. Please take heart that he is alright across the RB now and has friends waiting for him upon his arrival. :(

furrykidsmother
08-09-2005, 08:37 AM
I read in another post of his passing, but I am glad that I have found this one. It is good to know that his passing was painless and he was in your arms where he most wanted to be. I am so very sorry for your loss and pray that Twicket is at peace. I know he is healthy and happy and playing at the RB and that he is with Dominique and Hoodoo!

sasvermont
08-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Awwwwww, Twicket. Have a good trip. Say hi to Grammy Crackers, Gabe, Dale, Mandy girl, Sabrina and Demian and also Winter the bunny.

((((((((((((((((Glacier)))))))))))))))))))) and family.

SAS

lizbud
08-09-2005, 11:03 AM
I am so very sorry. You have my deepest sympathies in the
passing of Twicket.:( If it had to be, it was good that you were
with him until the end. Rest In Peace & comfort now dear boy.:(

mruffruff
08-09-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm so sorry.

Poo
08-09-2005, 11:17 AM
So sorry to hear about Tricket :(

I am so glad you were able to be there for him.

Nicki x

barncat
08-09-2005, 11:58 AM
shared tears and loving thoughts. love never goes away. i am glad you got to be together.

finn's mom
08-09-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm so sorry I'm just now seeing this. But, I'm kinda glad that I saw the cuddly pictures before I read this. :( I can't believe how hard **I'm** taking this, it has to be nearly impossible for you. I think he just reminds me of my RB cat, Dusty, and, that's why his stories and pictures always made my heart swell. Your description of how he wrapped his paws around you, oh, my gosh. Thank you for sharing Twicket with us. I'm so sorry that he's gone.

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-09-2005, 12:18 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. What a blessing that his golden years were spent in such a wonderful home, and that you were there with him to hold him and love him as he left for the bridge.

There is a new star in the sky tonight - shining on you until you are re-united.

(((HUGS)))

Edwina's Secretary
08-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Those photos of Twicket snuggling with you....he looks so serene...so loved...so loving.

Godspeed Twicket!

Randi
08-09-2005, 12:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear Twicket has gone. :( Glad you could be there with him.

Rest in peace, dear Twicket! You will never be forgotten.

lvpets2002
08-09-2005, 01:41 PM
:( I am soo sorry for Twicket.. I had to dry my eyes first before I could post this.. He looked so sirene with mom in the earlier pictures.. I lost my 20 yr old cat Christmas night this last year & I know how hard it is for your lose.. My girls send plenty of Whisker Prayers & Purrss..

smokey the elder
08-09-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm so sorry about Twicket. You gave him a wonderful loving home and he loved you in return. He was such a handsome boy.

catmandu
08-09-2005, 03:38 PM
TWICKET,IS NOT THERE,PHYSICALLY,BUT ANY CAT,THAT WAS LOVED,THAT MUCH,WILL LEAVE,AN AURA,A PRESSENCE,THAT WILL BE,WITH YOU ALWAYS,UNTIL THAT ONE FINE DAY,THAT YOU ARE REUNITED,AND THE LOVE,WILL BE REKINDLED ONCE MORE.
RIP,TWICKET,YOU ARE IMMORTAL,AS YOU LOVED,AND WERE LOVED,IN RETURN.

Uabassoon
08-09-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Twicket, even though I never met him in person I could tell her was such a special boy. His personality shined through in his pictures and your posts. I know he was happy that his last few years were spent with you getting more love than he ever could have possibly imagined.

rg_girlca
08-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Twickets passing. How I am going to miss seeing his sweet adorable face. I'm glad I saved my favorite pictures of him.

Bless you Glacier for taking in this precious boy and giving him the best last years of his life. Your boss sounds like a wonderful person to be so understanding and giving you time off to be with your special boy. I am so glad to hear that he went peacefully without pain and you were there with him to help ease the passing onto the Rainbow Bridge.

Rest in Peace sweetheart. You were dearly loved and will never be forgotten.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-09-2005, 07:25 PM
I've lit a candle for Twicket.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/search.cfm

then search for dh from Illinois. I've also lit one for Dominique.

People did this for me and Tubby and I thought it was so sweet and comforting and wanted to revive it here for Glacier and Twicket.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid181/p45c9fe7d4964fd53d58868023b107841/f2e42241.jpg

Logan
08-09-2005, 09:31 PM
There is no way that a cat could have been more loved, Glacier. I'm so sorry for you loss. :(

Logan

rosethecopycat
08-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Who could ask for anything more than a peaceful crossing in loving arms?
I wish it to be with all my babies.

Twicket, you were so loved, and knew how to ease your Mama's pain.

Run and play, enjoy your newly regained strength. Wait for your mama, and rejoice when you are reunited.

Godspeed to the Bridge, Twicket.

Vermontcat
08-11-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Twicket is gone.:(
I know you cherished every minute you had with him.
Hugs to you.

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Oh no...I am SO sorry to hear this Glacier!!:( First Dominique, and now Twicket...I am so sorry!!:( RIP dear Twicket, you will be missed!:(

RobiLee
08-13-2005, 02:36 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. The way you were there for him and held him has truly touched my heart.

Rest In Peace, Twicket.

{{{Hugs}}}

cyber-sibes
08-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Oh Glacier, I'm soooo sorry for your loss. The way you describe Twicket's last moments has me in tears, how beautifully peaceful for him! I'm sure he's happy & healthy at the bridge, and that there's plenty of honeysuckle growing there just for him. (((((HUGS))))) -Pat

joycenalex
08-13-2005, 04:49 PM
i am so sorry for your loss. twicket was loving and well loved.

dukedogsmom
08-13-2005, 07:28 PM
I am so very sad to learn of this. I always loved seeing pics of Twicket. He seemed like such a sweet kitty. I am, however, very glad that you were able to be with him when he passed. I know that meant a lot to both him and you. I know he knows how much you loved him and I'm sure he's glad you brought him home. Now he's at his forever home, no longer in pain. Rest easy, Twicket.

Ginger's Mom
08-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Glacier, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Twicket. I went to see the pictures you posted of him shortly before his passing, and he was definitely a sweet and loving little boy. It is wonderful that you gave him some happy years before he went to the bridge. He left a loved kitty, who loved you in return. {{{Hugs}}}

Tinkerboots
08-19-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. Twicket is a beautiful cat. I'm also so very glad that you were able to be there for his last moments. Those last moments are very special. He knows he was loved and knows you were there with him which made a comfortable cross over. I still ache over not being there for my baby Boots when he passed not even a year ago... I was not able to make it home in time. Once again, so very sorry about Twicket. RIP Twicket, your mommy misses you very much. You'll meet again some day... until then, have some fun with your siblings.

9Lives
08-21-2005, 06:25 AM
I am very sorry for your loss.
There are many other people just like you who feel the same way about cats because they are very loveing.
Rest in peace.

ramanth
08-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Glacier, I am so sorry to hear about Twicket. *HUGS*

RIP sweet snuggler. :(

kittyluva657
08-28-2005, 11:12 AM
I didn't know Twicket before I read this post but just reading it makes me so sad. I'm so sorry and I hope Twicket has a good time at the RB.:(