PDA

View Full Version : Signs & Symptoms of Heat Stroke?

Lexi_Lover
08-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Right now, and in my posts, I find I'm not making sense. So I was wondering...what do oyu think could be wrong, I'm feeling horrible...but not nauseaous(spl?)...

-Dizziness, feels like I'm moving up and down in water
-Tired
-Spelling and gramatical errors in typing, not usual for me!
-Hard to concentrate
-Stomach upset...but no nausea
-No appetite! (VERY RARE FOR ME! :eek: )

Theres a couple more things too, but I can't explain it really....especially with how I feel as well. I was wondering if it could be heat stroke since my Dad and I went fishing today?

Hope you all can help!

luvofallhorses
08-08-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't know if it is heat stroke but here are some signs & symptoms..

Mental confusion
Delirium
Chills
Dizziness
Loss of consciousness

Convulsions or coma
A body temperature of 105 degrees F or higher
Hot, dry skin that may be red, mottled or bluish
A strong fast pulse.

http://esf.uvm.edu/sirippt/summersafety/tsld019.htm

Lexi_Lover
08-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Ok let me tell you what I have.....

Mental Confusion(sometimes)
Chills
Dizziness
Hot, dry red skin...

Not too sure what Delirium is at the moment:rolleyes: Hence the first symptom....

GoldenRetrLuver
08-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Delirium (like delirious) means that your speech is altered in some way, you're having hallucinations, suffering from confusion, etc.

Do you have a fever?

Lexi_Lover
08-08-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't know about the fever...I'll check in a minute or two. No hallucinations, but slurred speech....a BIT...not really...every MANY words. Thats kinda normal though! :p

wolfsoul
08-08-2005, 06:00 PM
When I have heat stroke, I become really warm, get a bad headache, become dizzy, can't see straight, and I sometimes faint. The heat is unbearable here, so I get heat stroke very often.

Lexi_Lover
08-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Well I'm hot...but I can't find the thermometer and my parents have gone to a meeting somewhere or another. Not too sure, can't remember so I can't ask them.

Uabassoon
08-08-2005, 06:11 PM
heat stroke is something very serious, if you had it odds are you wouldn't be typing. Generally when a person has a heat stroke they go unconscious and can have seizures. They should also be taken to the hospital because body organs can stop functioning.

It sounds like you might have a bit of heat exhaustion. Drink some water and rest in a cool place.

Laura's Babies
08-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Heat strokes are nothing to play with, my son had one and I see it a lot on the boats I work on.

DRINK plenty of fluids, gator ade if you have it ( NOT ice cold but cool) Did you sweat profousley then didn't sweat anymore even though you were extreemly hot?

Place cool wet , NOT COLD towels around your neck and under your arm pits. You need to cool down without shocking your body so you have to do it slowly.

If you do not start feeling better soon, get to an emergency room.
Heat strokes are serious business.

RICHARD
08-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Heat strokes are nothing to play with, my son had one and I see it a lot on the boats I work on.

DRINK plenty of fluids, gator ade if you have it ( NOT ice cold but cool) Did you sweat profousley then didn't sweat anymore even though you were extreemly hot?

This is pretty gross but it may help. IT has to do with urine..

If you are drinking water and sweating, but have stopped urinating.....

Check the color of your urine....

It should be almost clear, When your urine becomes dark and there is an dectable odor, drink more water. You should also urinate for a while....not just a short stream, and that's it.

Drink water even if you are not thirsty. but be careful about drinking TOO much water, you can inflame your brain that way.

The swelling of a brain, in a person who has drank too much water can be deadly.

jesse_3
08-08-2005, 11:44 PM
I have heard of drinking too much water, it can be very dangerous. I wouldn't worry too much though, that would be a lot of water.

I was thinking heat exhaustion or stroke. I am not sure which one though.

I hope that you are okay!-Steph and Jes