PDA

View Full Version : MN people live in Igloo's?

jesse_3
08-08-2005, 04:29 PM
I don't know why I thought of this, but I thought that I would share this:

My friend was talking on MSN to a guy in Florida, and he asked if we live in Igloos in MN? And if it stayed 45 below all the time.

Guess what her answer was,"Oh yes! The warmest it gets here is 0 degrees farenheigt (sp?) It is 42 below right now, and my mom left two hours ago to get some fish for supper. She will be back in about one hour!"

LOL!!! I thought that this was funny, hope you enjoy!

Steph and Jes

BitsyNaceyDog
08-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Haha, good answer!

Queen of Poop
08-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Oh my goodness. I would have thought that old way of thinking was gone, what with the internet, etc. FYI - our igloo here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada melted away last week in the unexpected heat and now we're freezing out in the elements as it is currently raining.

jesse_3
08-08-2005, 04:40 PM
That is what I was thinking. How in the world can you live in an igloo and still have electricity.
Our igloo's melted a couple of months ago buddy!!!!

I think that some people need a life!
Steph and Jes

kuhio98
08-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Igloos? Did someone mention igloos? Yes, up here in Alaska we live in igloos too! Yep, year around I'm hacking away blocks of ice repairing my home. Well, better go. I've got to hook up the dog sled and mush my huskies down to the river to haul back some drinking water. Of course, I guess I could just melt some snow..... :p

MariaM
08-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Igloos? Well yeah, isn't that what everyone lives in? I mean, up here in Saskatchewan, the igloos are basically year round. Right now the kids are out helping to remake the big igloo, for this upcoming school year. Everyone loves just getting cozy in there, learning and all. I mean, when you have a school the size of 19, you really need to start making a bigger igloo.

Ack, brb. Some idiot just made me a window. Gotta go find some fresh snow and patch it up.

Zany_girlie
08-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Hahahaha!! It is so funny what stupid questuons people can come up with!!!:D :D :) ;)

king2005
08-08-2005, 08:56 PM
I've gotten the same questions many times before.. some people just dont have any brains, tisk, tisk, tisk.

oh ya, my fav food is raw whale blubber, mmmmmm

prechrswife
08-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Reminds me of being from Louisiana--Everyone thinks we all had alligators in our backyards or that we are all from New Orleans.

jesse_3
08-08-2005, 11:35 PM
LOL!!!! I know what you mean. You gotta go out every day and go get water and food.

MariaM, lol, stupid people!!! Why would they make a hole in there?

I LOVE raw whale blubber too! Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, Tasty!

In Louisiana? Alligators! I thought that there were! J/K!!! When will people learn?

I love these answers. I know everyone up Nort' lives in igloo's ya know! Especially those Canadians, Alaskans, and Scandinaviks;)

Steph and Jes

davidpizzica
08-09-2005, 12:42 AM
It's like when people have this big misconception about Pittsburgh. I get a lot of comments like "Do you still have a lot of smoke in your city?" Everyone thinks we still have a lot of steel mills and the air is so smoky. NOT TRUE!

G535
08-09-2005, 01:50 AM
No we don't have kangaroos hopping along the main streets in the largest cities! :)

slick
08-09-2005, 10:00 AM
I know everyone up Nort' lives in igloo's ya know! Especially those Canadians, Alaskans, and Scandinaviks

Yup, we Canucks live in igloos. Now if you will excuse me, my west wall is melting.....

smokey the elder
08-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Watch out for the global warming!:D

DJFyrewolf36
08-09-2005, 03:13 PM
A lot of people think that everything in Nevada outside of Vegas is still a barren wasteland and we drive around in covered wagons.

Excuse me, I have to go hunt jackrabbits for dinner and wash up in the stream lol.

tikeyas_mom
08-09-2005, 03:29 PM
i've had people ask me that too, because i live in canada and own a siberian husky... loosers.