PDA

View Full Version : Lucas update.

jenluckenbach
08-08-2005, 01:11 PM
For those of you following the saga (in cat health) of Lucas and his diarrhea, his thyroid test came back normal.

WE are trying a pancreatic enzyme as the next step. Normally you could diagnose this problem from a stool sample, but the vet says with diarrhea this liquid the results could be misleading. So simply try the enzyme for 2 weeks and see what happens.

Next step is a 3rd and final anti-biotic (there are just no others good for diarrhea, she says) And then go to an ultra sound to look for lymphoma or something similar.

His appetite is not 100% but getting a bit better.

Keep wishing us luck, as the diarrhea continues.

kimlovescats
08-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Uggg, that nasty diarrhea. It seems to be everywhere right now! Prayers coming for your sweet Lucas, Jen!

Hugs,
Kim

kittycats_delight
08-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Oh Jen...something has got to work for sweet Lucas soon. I think after having diarrhea so long our appetite wouldn't be 100% either. All fingers, toes, whiskers and paws crossed for you and Lucas. Lilith and Vixen send whisker kisses and purrs to both of you and (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) from me.

Stay positive sweetie. I know it's hard but PT prayers seem to work when nothing else do. And I can guarentee you Lucas has a truckload of those PT ongoing for him.

Get better sweet Lucas.

(((((((((((((JEN)))))))))))))))

Michelle & the girls

furrykidsmother
08-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Yes, I have been checking the other thread for any update. Sorry that Lucas has to try another anti-biotic, but hopefully it will do the trick. I am happy to hear his appetite is a little better. C'mon Lucas get better for Meowmie! Continued good thoughts and prayers!

catnapper
08-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Good luck handsome dude! I know you are going to be a-ok.

{{Hugs}}} to his frantic meowmie!

jazzcat
08-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Good luck handsome dude! I know you are going to be a-ok.

{{Hugs}}} to his frantic meowmie!

DITTO!!!!

Please add a couple smooches for Lucas too!

catmandu
08-08-2005, 06:53 PM
BIG ORANGE LUCAS,IS ONE,OF OUR FAVORITE ORANGIES,JEN,AND WE,AND ALL THE PET TALKER ANGELS,ARE PRAYING,THAT LUCAS,IS WELL,SOON,AND THAT,YOU WILL HAVE MANY,MORE HAPPY YEARS,TOGETHER.
PLEASE GOD,MAKE LUCAS,WELL.THE FOUND CATS,STARRYS,REHOMED STARRYS,AND ANGELS,ARE ASKING,YOU,FOR A FAVOR.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos937.jpg

slick
08-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Poor Lucas. I have been keeping up with the story. I sure hope it works for him.

momcat
08-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Our truckload of prayers, good wishes, and get well lovebug has left Trenton and is speeding down the interstate to make a special delivery for Lucas. Prayers being prayed for both of you.....

K & L
08-08-2005, 09:11 PM
This has got to be so frustrating for you. I hate the unknown and not know what you're trying to treat. Hopefully they'll find out something soon and Lucas will be on the road to recovery.

krazyaboutkatz
08-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Jen, I'm sorry to hear that Lucas is still sick.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. I sure hope that the new medicine will help him. Please get well soon Lucas.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Here's hoping and praying that this final antibiotic works for Lucas! How's he doing today? Any more diarrhea?

Diarrhea really seems to be running rampant lately. Wonder what the deal is with that? :confused:

jenluckenbach
08-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Actually, Lucas is on pancreatic enzyme right now (not an antibiotic).
I have not seen him poop, but I can tell you that this is the first day there was not a puddle of diarrhea on the floor. So maybe he is able to control it better now.

furrykidsmother
08-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Oh, I certainly hope that is a good sign. Fingers and paws crossed!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by furrykidsmother
Oh, I certainly hope that is a good sign. Fingers and paws crossed!!

Ditto! I know how exciting it is to not see the dreaded "pancake." ;) :rolleyes: :)

catnapper
08-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Thats good news! Hopefully you wont be seeing anymore presents on the carpet.

jazzcat
08-09-2005, 04:44 PM
That's a step in the right direction.

Get well soon Lucas!