PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian (ferret) to the vet....prayers needed

Queen of Poop
08-08-2005, 09:19 AM
You might recall that last November my sweet Sebastian had adrenal surgery, from which he recovered like a trooper. Well, I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow (Aug 9) because although he's eating like normal he has lost alot of weight, has had episodes of throwing up and this weekend I found black lumps along his spine. I am fearing the worst but trying not to until the vet has seen him. Sebastian and I could sure use some prayers and good thoughts sent our way. Thanks.

Queen of Poop
08-10-2005, 07:01 AM
The vet doesn't know what is wrong with Sebastian. He took blood and we await the return of the results from the lab. Should have them by Thursday morning.

Queen of Poop
08-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Just off the phone with the vet. The blood test didn't show much. Sebastian's white cell count is low, but everything else is pretty normal. The vet is going to put him on an antibiotic and vitamin B to see if that makes any difference. So we really don't know any more than we did before the vet visit. So frustrating.

chocolatepuppy
08-11-2005, 06:02 PM
I will keep Sebastian in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he starts showing improvement.

luvofallhorses
08-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Sebastian will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he starts to show improvement, also!

Queen of Poop
08-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Thank you for your thoughts and kind words. I picked up Sebastian's medication this afternoon. $70 worth. Sure hope it helps.

Queen of Poop
08-24-2005, 08:10 AM
Sebastian and I went back to the vet last night for another blood test. The medication he's on isn't really doing anything for him. Depending on the results we will try some other medications. He's lost another almost 100 grams, down to 954 from 1450. He's thin as a rail. I got up to check on him at 1 am and there he was, chowing down on his ferret kibble - hungry boy. It was very good to see him eating.

Queen of Poop
09-07-2005, 11:45 AM
But fingers are still crossed that we have found the cure.

We visited the vet last night. Sebastian has gained 120 grams since he's been on the steriods. Figure he will likely need them twice a day for the remainder of his life. We have enough for 3 months, then we go back to the vet for bloodwork and a checkup (sooner if something goes awry).