PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Peter

Pam
08-08-2005, 07:51 AM
I was very distressed today to hear of the passing of Peter Jennings. Although we all knew that his lung cancer was an especially virulent kind somehow I think that many of us thought he would be able to recover, at least briefly, and return for a time to host the evening news. Hubby and I watched him nightly as we ate dinner and things have seemed so odd without him in that anchor chair for the past four months. It is a blessing that he went quickly and I hope that his suffering was minimal. Goodbye Peter. We respected you and will miss you.

Laura's Babies
08-08-2005, 09:18 AM
It is on all the morning shows this morning and it is like loosing a old friend! He will be missed.....

MariaM
08-08-2005, 09:20 AM
My mom and I were watching some of that last night and she was so shocked when she found out. It's also currently on right now (I can hear it). Even though I'm younger, I know he was a good anchorman.

gini
08-08-2005, 09:54 AM
I was shocked to hear that Peter Jennings is no longer with us.
He brought such eloquence to the news media - the type that will not be easily replaced.

Rest now in peace, Peter, you were highly respected and loved by a whole nation. We will deeply miss you.