PDA

View Full Version : Feral kitties and mama...

moosmom
08-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Amy and I got back from my cousin's house and lo and behold there was a mama, and three babies hanging around. I noticed that someone had been feeding them and the dishes were empty. As I approached them, the mama hissed at me and the babies ran behind the fence. So, naturally I had kitten food in my car and filled up the dishes along with water.

They're black and white and the cutest things. I want to borrow a trap from my friend Chris and possibly see if she knows someone who will socialize them so they can find homes. I wouldn't take them to the Humane Society because I KNOW they'll euthanize them in an instant.

My daughter was pissed saying, "Mom, someone is already feeding them, just leave them alone. You can't save them all!!" I feel so bad for them.

Should I try and trap them??? Or just leave them be??

catnapper
08-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Gee, thats a hard call. Perhaps you can see who's been feeding them? Perhaps that person has been working on gaining their trust and knows of a program willing to take them?

ramanth
08-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Oh Donna, I just don't know. Perhaps just help feed them for now and try to find someone that will foster them. Once you get that setup, then try and trap them.

moosmom
08-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Well, I've decided the best thing for me to do at this point is to just make sure they have plenty of food and water. There's really not much I can do with them if I did try to trap them.

They are the cutest things! But still hanging around mama who hisses when she sees me. If I was still living in CT, you can bet your patootie I'd be trying to trap and socialize them.

jesse_3
08-08-2005, 04:37 PM
That is a very kind thing that you are doing for them.:) Maybe eventually, you will earn their trust, and you could find them some homes if someone is willing to adopt them!

Steph and Jes