PDA

View Full Version : My cinderella man review....(movie)

carole
08-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Ok well I have just seen Cinderella man last night and thought for those who are keen to see it I would give you my honest opinion.

Firstly I was not really in a movie going mood, and the movie did not entice me that much, however as they were free tickets I did not want to waste them, and off we went.

I have to say I did enjoy the movie, it was fairly good, I don't think it deserves rave ratings, but it is worth seeing, it was very predicatable no suprises in it for me, and I am not keen on the so called sport of boxing and I did not really enjoy the four boxing scenes, although they had an element of excitement to them, I don't really enjoy seeing someone getting there face beaten up and blood all over it.

Russell Crowe is not a star I particularly adore , but he did a good job, and Renee well she never lets me down.

Yep all in all not too bad a movie, for me a 6 out of Ten wavering to a seven almost.:)

finn's mom
08-07-2005, 04:58 PM
That's a pretty good review, though! :)

Zany_girlie
08-07-2005, 05:19 PM
I was actually interested in seeing that so im glad that i know kind of what to expect.

carole
08-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Well Kari I was not bored silly or anything, or riveted to my seat, it was not the best movie i have ever seen, but still enjoyable, just go see it for yourself and make your own mind up, I know you and I don't always agree on movies lol, so don't take my word on it, just go with an open mind and see what you think.:)

Chica
08-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks for sharing that information with us. :) I like to hear about movies before I watch them.;)

carole
08-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Yes I do as well, but really it is only one person's opinion, and I have loved some movies that others have hated and vice versa, so it is merely a guideline, would be good to get a few other people's opinions as well, then you have a better idea if it is your kinda movie.

finn's mom
08-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah, well, the biggest difference already is that I like boxing. And, I love boxing movies. Like Million Dollar Baby, that was an incredible movie! And, I have hardly seen anything with Russell Crowe that I didn't like. The Insider is one of my favorite movies, and, he's wonderful in it. And, I'm actually not the biggest fan of Renee Zellwegger. But, I like her, her facial expressions are distracting to me a lot of the time. I loved her in Chicago, though. I've been wanting to see Cinderella Man for awhile, but, it'll probably be a bit longer before I do. :)

carole
08-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Well see I heard Kari that people who were not into Russell Crowe like myself enjoyed the movie like I did, and thought he did a wonderful job, I have to agree Renee does make some really funny facial expressions in all her movies, it suited her in Bridget Jones diary but not in every movie she does.

And I just hate boxing, because it is too bloody and cruel for me, but it was what the movie was about, and the fights were exciting, i laughed as I looked at my hubby's facial expressions and body movements as the fights were on, he was grimacing and it was a good distraction from watching the blood and gore, not that it is overly done, but I just tended to look away.

I think you will enjoy the movie a lot then.:)This was an advance screening, it has not even opened here in NZ yet at the theatres, no previews or adverts too that was good.