PDA

View Full Version : Do you think my vet would spay me?

Twisterdog
08-07-2005, 03:54 PM
I want to get my tubes tied, so I made an appointment with my gynocologist. He said "Sure, no problem. It will cost between $7,500 and $8,000." EXCUSE ME??? I don't have insurance, and there is NO WAY I can afford that.

Now, a dog can get spayed for $60 to $80, and that is a complete hysterectomy. I only want a tubal ligation.

Think my vet would do it, if I paid the large dog fee? ;)

Just venting ....

jenluckenbach
08-07-2005, 05:14 PM
I dare you to ask. :D :D

Laura's Babies
08-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Go rent a doggie suit and go ask......:D

Zany_girlie
08-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey you never know with the right costume and bark he just might.......:D ;)

joycenalex
08-07-2005, 07:47 PM
...always worth a try, you've heard the word no before;) :p :D

Logan
08-07-2005, 07:56 PM
I was going to do that and when my husband found out about the recovery period and the cost, he volunteered to take care of it instead. It cost him $30 (with his insurance) and 4 days of pampering while sitting in his recliner with me waiting on him hand and foot!!! :)

slick
08-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Wow!!!! In Canada, I had mine done for free. Mind you, I had to wait until I was 35 and had to sign my life away on the dotted line.

jesse_3
08-07-2005, 10:32 PM
No! My dad did that *SHHHHHHH* and he was in SO much pain, he was all most crying....I hear that it is not as hard on a women as a man........

For that price I would actually consider it though. Just a warning that your hubby will have quite a ride!

Steph and Jes

Karen
08-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Try some clinics, maybe they'll do it cheaper. Does your doc know you don't have insurance?

Uabassoon
08-07-2005, 10:40 PM
I hear that it is not as hard on a women as a man........

I've never heard that before. Usually with a man it's just outpatient surgery and with a woman they need to stay in the hospital overnight and the recovery period is much longer. Maybe they did something wrong?

slick
08-07-2005, 10:42 PM
I hear that it is not as hard on a women as a man........
It's not. I was in the hospital at 8am and home by Noon. I felt absolutely no pain and only have one very tiny (almost microscopic) scar inside my bellybutton. I was back to normal the next day.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-08-2005, 05:11 AM
Your vet would probably make a better job of it too

anna_66
08-08-2005, 07:48 AM
I know what your talking about isn't funny in the least, but when I read your post I just had to laugh....ASK...I double dog dare ya;):D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-08-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm with Slick. Piece of cake...but then again I had insurance.

However, somehow they must have worded something wrong and at first my insurance wouldn't cover it because they thought I had an abortion! :eek: Needless to say they set the insurance company straight and it got paid for.

I would try talking to your doctor. Does he know you don't have insurance? A lot of times if they know you don't have insurance they will trim their fees a bit because they don't get fully reimbursed for what they charge the insurance companies either.

It's either that or off to the vet! ;)

ramanth
08-08-2005, 11:34 AM
My mom had her tubes tied right after giving birth to her third via c-section. Not sure if they charged extra for it.

Corinna
08-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Try the local planned parent hood they do lo cost stuff. My hubby had it done becouse I went through the birthing process twice decided it was his turn. Was fine except for a small infection ,a shot of pinacellion and he was fine.

PJ's Mom
08-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
My mom had her tubes tied right after giving birth to her third via c-section. Not sure if they charged extra for it.

I had mine done right after my twins were born and I don't think they charged that much for it.

So, see, all you have to do is have a baby and it'll be cheaper! :D