PDA

View Full Version : Meow Manor

K & L
02-28-2002, 09:19 AM
http://www.photogra.com/galleries/37285/curr/1672757_20020228_101455_20020228101455.jpg

Here's one way we spoil our park ferals. We call this Meow Manor. We have several other houses placed throughout the park for shelter. The park officials work with us and allow us to put these in areas that the public is not allowed. It's in a locked fenced area, where they allow us access to feed and care for them.

Former User
02-28-2002, 09:25 AM
Wow, looks nice :)

Randi
02-28-2002, 09:42 AM
WOW!! It's definately a 5*! :D

Wish it could be done more places! Perhaps it can! ;)

jennifert
02-28-2002, 10:25 AM
That is wonderful! Do you make the Meow Manor yourself or is it something you purchased? What a wonderful parks department you have! I belong to a dog park mailing list and I am always hearing horror stories about how the parks dept in so many towns, villages and counties does not want to cooperate with the locals. How nice that your's not only cooperates but makes extraordinary efforts on behalf of the animals!

K & L
02-28-2002, 10:34 AM
All houses were by donation from various people throughout the valley that know what we're doing for the cats.

The park has been more than wonderful. The city is honoring us in May, they're having a big shindig and a plaque made for us. They make every effort to accomodate what we're doing. They have no qualms about us returning the cats once they've been fixed. They also let us setup food and watering stations and inform us of events etc. so it doesn't interfere with our routine.

Heather Wallace
02-28-2002, 11:08 AM
K&L, it certainly looks as though you do a good job. With all this spoiling you feral cats with be wanting to come home with you soon! LOL!

Keep up the good work.

wolflady
02-28-2002, 11:42 AM
Oh how cute!!! Where can you find little houses like that?? Those have got to be the best treated ferals anywhere!! Keep up the good work!! TThey are lucky to have you guys:D :D

C.C.'s Mom
02-28-2002, 11:49 AM
Wow, those houses are such a great idea.

Wouldn't mind having one of those myself, although I don't think I'll fit in :rolleyes:

It's very good work you're doing.

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-28-2002, 08:12 PM
YAY YAY YAY !!! I love what you guys are doing for those kitties. It is very sweet that you spend your time doing so much for them and, you deserve much more that a plaque :D !!!!!!

AvaJoy
02-28-2002, 08:59 PM
Super Idea!:) Now you just need to request some handmade Snuggles so the cats will feel nice and cozy! Here is the website: www.h4ha.org/snuggles

Hugs for Homeless Animals enlists volunteers who like to knit, crochet or sew to make blankets for shelter animals, and they have an online list of participating shelters/rescue groups that are in need. Maybe you could add your group to the list . . . I knit when time allows and have donated several cat size Snuggles to various animal welfare groups . . . rewarding to know that in some small way I am helping to ease the stress of homeless kitties.

Gio
03-01-2002, 08:19 AM
If only there were more places like this!

K & L
03-01-2002, 08:50 AM
That's pretty cool, but we fill the flooring with hay. That way we can change it out. I'm afraid anything with fabric would harbor fleas etc. Since these are cats that run in the wild, it's hard to control the flea environment for them.