PDA

View Full Version : Me, a foster parent??

davidpizzica
08-06-2005, 03:58 PM
I was volunteering with Cat Sense and was asked today if I could foster a kitty. Her name is Marigold ad is a 4y.o. tortie. She was placed with an elderly lady
and it didn't work out. The head lady thought maybe if a man could foster and socialize her, she would be alright. I think Nikki & Daisy will approve. I may hve to get permission from my brother before I go ahead. I think he'll say yes.

Laura's Babies
08-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Go for it but go into it knowing that when a good home comes, you have to give it up........ and that HURTS!

I can take them in and I just get so darn attached that I cry for days after they are gone, so does Chester.

davidpizzica
08-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Alas, that's the problen with fostering, getting attached then having to the poor kitty up, but I could get TOO attached and decide to keep her! BTW, I feel like I have my own garden going, with Daisy and Marigold!

luvofallhorses
08-06-2005, 07:08 PM
I think you'll be a great foster dad :) Good luck :) and if you do decide to do it, we want pics :D

jenluckenbach
08-06-2005, 08:18 PM
GO FOR IT! Fostering is the best thing I have ever started doing!

Cookiebaker
08-06-2005, 08:30 PM
My Marigold is very approving of both the foster parent idea thing AND the tortie girl named Marigold! :)

G535
08-06-2005, 09:41 PM
You are a very brave person if you go ahead with the fostering, I know that I could not do it, I'd keep them all!