PDA

View Full Version : Argh~!

catnapper
08-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Ok, I'm at my LIMIT with poop!

EVERY day this week, Angel has pooped on me. Pooped on my bed, my pillow, anything and everything. Last night she actually pooped on a portrait - luckily on the very outside edge and I cleaned it off and hopefully its a section where they'll never see it. I put in too many hours to trash it.

She poops EVERY TIME I pick her up. EVERY time. Its like one of those bags that cake decorators use... the slightest pressure pumps out the icing. Well, the same is true for Angel, only the end result isn't as sweet. I run my washing machine 3 or 4 loads a day because of her. I shampooed my carpet three days ago and already the brown polka dots are back as if I never shampooed the carpets.

Just now I picked her up to take her to my room for a private feding (I have to do that so she's not intimidated by the others... and that she actually eats) and she pooped for the umteenth time on my very thick King sized comforter. My washer can not handle the size of the comforter... my dryer certainly can't. Its a pain in the you-know-what, but I had to wash it twice a week just because of her.... what else can I do????

PLEASE pray that this resolves itself soon or I think I'm gonna loose my mind. The rescue has offered to take her of my hands and I said "NO" because I want to finish what I started. I want to be the one who finds her a home. But I have to be honest... I am really close to just handing her over (very gently and not picking her up) to the rescue and let THEM deal with her.

This is more a call for prayers and a vent! Please, no suggestions on what to do to fix the diarreah as NOTHING HAS WORKED. Not yogurt, not yogurt cultures, not pumpkin, not Albon, Flagyl, Clavimox. NOT ANYTHING! I've tried everything (not the Pablum rice yet Lorraine.... I went to the store a dozen time this week and keep forgetting it! :o ) ALL the tests run by the vet have come back negative. Even the ones they sent out to a lab.

ACK! Help me before I loose my mind Help her so that she's not crampy and runny anymore. Poor little thing.

christa
08-06-2005, 07:07 AM
Wow . . . sounds like you've tried just about everything. I wish I could help you out, Kim . . . I know how stressful it is to have a kitty with runny poop . . . and I can't imagine having your problem of nothing working. Poor little Angel! My heart breaks for her . . . poor baby.

Hang in there Kim . . .

Hey . . . Maybe we should all say a little PRAYER for Angel today! Get the PT prayers flowing.

Prayers WORK!!!

*praying for Angel*

Craftlady
08-06-2005, 07:08 AM
You mentioned she is intimidated by the others and you have to feed her in a room by herself. Maybe the diarraha is stress related? You've given and done for Angel all the medical & home remedy stuff she just might be a kitty that needs to an only cat in a household.

I'd try her in a foster situation where she is only cat see what happens. It's worth a try, diarrahea cant get any worse from making the move. If it stops the diarraha that would be great and the problem is solved that she needs to be an only cat :)

catnapper
08-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Sorry, used the wrong word. She's not intimidated per se... I just noticed that if there is someone else there for food (dry food) she backs off and doesn't eat as much. If its wet food -- man she is a gobbler and pushes everyone out of the way. She LOVES the other cats and does everything she can to engage them in play and grooming sessions.

I also feed her alone because if there is adult food out, she wants NOTHING to do with the kitten food. I got in trouble from the vet because she had been nibbling on the adult food. So I take her upstairs for private feedings to keep her away from the adult food and let them eat without her nosing into their dish.

Everywhere I go, I notice new spots to clean up. There's ALWAYS spots by the food bowls. Thanks God its a laminte top and I can wipe it down immediately. I don't want poop on the food table! :eek:

K & L
08-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Can you seclude her to one area until this clears? At least you'd just that area to clean, plus it might help her insides to calm down. It's frustrating, I know. We had 4 like that but we kept them in the spare bath only. Eventually it cleared! Good luck and I admire your dedication here.

catmandu
08-06-2005, 09:30 AM
I DONT KNOW,WAHT TO SAY,UNLESS THE VET,HAS A CAT FOOD,THAT CAN HELP ANGEL,AN EUKANUBA VET FORMULA,OR MEDICAL.
AND YOU,ARE TO BE COMMENDED,AS I HAD SMOKE,PICKED,UP BY THE SPCA,AS SHE HAD HAD A MILD STROKE,AND NOT USING,THE LITTER BOX.
IF SHE HAD BEEN CLEAN,I WOULD HAVE KEPT HER.AFTERWARDS,I WAS FINDING POOP,AND PEE,ALL OVER THE HOTEL.

WE,ARE PRAYING,THAT YOU CAN HELP ANGEL,AND YOUR PATIENCE,WILL BE REWARDED!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture599.jpg

Craftlady
08-06-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm glad to read she loves the other kitties.
Have you tried like a 24 hr fast in letting her digestive system settle down then try to introduce food back to her. I read this in a book I have called "The country vets home redemedy book for cats" It explains stuff etc and when to call the vet.
Got it on the bargin table at Borders. :)

catnapper
08-06-2005, 10:50 AM
The rescue said they're going to have me check them in to the vet and have them there until its fixed.

Part of me is sad I have to do that. Another part of me is glad.

Craftlady
08-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
The rescue said they're going to have me check them in to the vet and have them there until its fixed.

Part of me is sad I have to do that. Another part of me is glad.

I understand it's sad to do that but it's for the best and hopefully the vet's office after a few days can get the runny potty to stop.