PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania Meeting....?

jennifert9
08-06-2005, 02:35 AM
I thought that I would start a new thread about our upcoming meeting to see who is still coming....?

I know that Michelle (neko1) and I will be meeting again on September 10th, I think at Hershey Park.... Michelle, correct me if I am wrong but I know you will be in PA with your family that day and I "think" that is where we agreed to meet right?

I wonder who else will be coming...? I think that Catnapper (Kim) is coming, JenLuckenbach was going to try? I don't know who else? I know K9Karen lives in PA too but I don't know how far from Hershey? And Sabies from NJ? What about Pam and Ginger's Mom? They are in NJ also...? Is it too far to come? I know that there are others that live in PA and NJ that could come....

Is this enough notice? 9/10? I would love to see everyone there!
Let's get a thread started while we still have a month to work out the details!!

jenluckenbach
08-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Sometimes having to work on a Saturday, really sucks. :( Since the Saturday before the 10th is labor day weekend (and we have off) I can't ask for another Saturday off. We are simply too busy on Saturdays to lose the help 2 weekends in a row. DRAT! :(

Pam
08-06-2005, 08:07 AM
Hershey is a pretty long trip for me. I doubt that I could talk hubby into driving and I wouldn't want to do it all by myself. Actually I am trying to talk hubby into going with me to see Alan Jackson on September 10th. He is not a country music fan so I have my work cut out for me. :rolleyes:

Ginger's Mom
08-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Hmm...I would love to meet other Pet Talkers. September 10th may be doable. Let me give you a definite Maybe on that. :) I will let you know, thanks for the invite.

davidpizzica
08-08-2005, 05:52 PM
I wish I could, but it would be a kind of long drive from Pittsburgh!

slleipnir
08-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Oh, I wish I could go! I hope I can atleast make it to an ohio meet next year, but I don't have enough money right now to travel :( Have fun :)

Denyce
08-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Oh! This is the first I saw this thread. I would love to meet other PT's! Unfortunately my cousin is getting married that day. So I will be over in Port Carbon on that day.

I keep thinking about perhaps having a cookout at our place for those PT people that would like to come. I don't know.

Denyce

jennifert9
08-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Well, we definitely need to have a PA Pet Talk meeting...even if this is not the "BIG" one...there are quite a few PTers in PA and Jersey compared to when I was in NY and there were only 2 or 3...
We have a great apt with a GUEST BEDROOM!! ;) and anyone is welcome to stay with us if they need to. Like I said before somewhere on Pet Talk, Duncan is not friendly to other animals. You are welcome to bring them and they will have their own locked room but just a heads up.
JenL, Allentown is on the way to Jersey(which I have to go to next week to sue my former landlord!! UUURRGGHH!) so DON'T tell me where you work or I just may show up!!;) I'm sorry that you can't get that day off...I know what is is like...I worked 2 jobs for 10 years and missed out on so many things with my friends and family...I finally said NO MORE!! Gosh, that sounds like I'm trying to make you feel bad and I'm so not, just wanted to commiserate...:) Maybe we will bring the party to you!;)

Anyone else that I am missing that wants to come, please speak up...!! I am only about 30-45 minutes from Hershey, so I have been told....? so if you don't want to go there or can't, say so!! We can meet here and spend some time. I live in a pet friendly community and like I said, I will provide accommodations if necessary....
LISTEN, I am lonely and bored here in PA, I find myself having 10 minute conversations with DUNCAN!! Very interesting ones in fact! And at times, I am tempted to stop people on the street and say "Hey, how are you? What's your name? Do you need any friends?" I've gone insane! :D We NEED a meeting! ;)

lv4dogs
08-19-2005, 09:53 AM
I'd love to come, but I don't know if would be able to make it then. I'll find out by sometime next week.

I would need a place to stay, it would probably be just Kaige & I if I do go, as Nanook os too old & Raustyk is not always dog friendly. Are there any campgrounds/motels near by that you would reccomend?

I am thinking about just going to the Ohio one next year as it's about the same distance for me, I'd have more time to plan & there's a TON of pt'ers at that meeting.
Not that a small one in PA or anywhere wouldn't be worth it because it would, its just I'm a bit strapped for time & it might work out better to just hit up a big one at this point of time in my life.

neko1
08-19-2005, 11:41 AM
I think this whole PA PT meeting thing is going to be a wash...no worries..this isn't the first time it's happened and I'm sure it won't be the last.

All I know is that I will be there with my family, I'm sure Jennifert9 will go too.

lv4dogs
08-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Kaige starts his classes then, its on weekends too. Looks like I can't make it. Darn it.

Lightning SuperCat
08-25-2005, 11:24 AM
wish i could, but something's happening that day, just don't know what........
And I was just at Hersheypark and it's a 2 hr. drive. wish I could.....

catnapper
09-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Oh crud! I just saw this! Are you guys meeting TOMORROW???? ugh... don't know if I can make it = will ask hubby whats up. Where? when?