PDA

View Full Version : No camera=no pics=no one knows my pup:(

jesse_3
08-06-2005, 12:58 AM
I feel really bad for Jesse. She rarely ever gets pics posted, so no one knows her! She is such a fun-loving, itelligent, protective dog, but how can anyone know that if I never post her?:(

I have no money to buy a digital camera, and I don't have a scanner.

I am saving up to buy a pick-up, and saving money is REALLY slow for me. I get money once or twice a year..What can I do? I don't wan to buy a crappy cheapy camera, I want one that takes good pics...

Any advice?

Steph and Jes

LuckiLab03
08-06-2005, 01:06 AM
If you take pictures on a regular camera or a disposable you could get them developed and see if they have the option of putting the pictures on a CD.. we do that all the time :)

jennifert9
08-06-2005, 01:11 AM
Steph, I can't help you with the camera advice since I don't know what is good and what isn't but alot of people here do and can probably help...BUT...if you just want to post pics of Jesse, which we would all LOVE, that is simple...!
You obviously have a computer and I assume it is a decent one (unlike mine!! LOL!!) Take tons of pictures of Jesse and when you get them developed ask for a disc too. Then you can upload pictures to your computer and post them! Walmart will even post your pics for you at their site for like a dollar extra or something...Or most of the stores have a place where you can scan your current regular photos and have them put on disk or emailed to you. Then go to Imagestation or something like that, upload them and then post away!!
I did it for years like that....and since my digital was stolen, I will have to post pics like that in the future too...
I know its hard, you want everyone to "know" Jesse and pics are so helpful....
Save $20 a week and in no time, you will have $$ for a new camera!!

jesse_3
08-06-2005, 01:24 AM
I didn't know that you could actually download them onto a disk and transport them to your computer! Thanks you two, I will have to look into that!

Unfortunately, our Wal-Mart is in the process of being built. Not part of this topic but, I am hoping to work in the pet section to make sure that the fish tanks are clean, b/c, I wouldn't want to swim in a mourge (sp?)

I have an Image Station Account, it has pics of Jesse that everyone has all ready seen...So, I will give the disc a try!!!

Once again, thank you!-Steph and Jes:D

vinjashira
08-06-2005, 02:39 AM
another idea...

if you have loads of pictures already that you would like to share and yes we would really like to see them, you can go to your library and use the scanner there. Our local library has 3 scanners and anyone can use a scanner for up to an hour providing that they have made an appointment first, and it is free of charge.

jenluckenbach
08-06-2005, 05:22 AM
When I got my first computer, it was used and OLD. I had no digital, I had no scanner and my windows 95 was too outdated to use the photo disks.........BUT, I still managed to post a few photos by asking friends to scan them for me and then they would either email them to me or down load them onto a disk. You could also ask one of you pet talk friends if you could snail mail a few photos to scan and post.
so there are ways.
And even if you do not hav a wal-mart, other places,(like our grocery store Giant) offers photo disks also.
So we will be waiting to see Jesse.:D

Rachel
08-06-2005, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by jesse_3

I have an Image Station Account, it has pics of Jesse that everyone has all ready seen

Why don't you give that link here for those of us who haven't seen Jesse's pictures, or (as might be my case) can't remember or just want to see them again.

anna_66
08-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
Why don't you give that link here for those of us who haven't seen Jesse's pictures, or (as might be my case) can't remember or just want to see them again.
I was going to say that same thing! We may have seen the pictures, but I'm sure we'd love to see them again:)
And even though you don't post pictures very often, I know Jesse!

robinh
08-06-2005, 07:48 AM
For those who don't post pictures much, we get to know your dog from you. When you tell such great stories, we learn how much fun it is for you to have Jesse around. So even if we can't see her, we know what a great bond you two have. We also learn more about you.
:D

Roxyluvsme13
08-06-2005, 09:18 AM
i haven't seen your doggy!!! except in your siggy....but i wanna see!!!!

cyber-sibes
08-06-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't have a digital camera either, and I've done this with a little cheapie 1-use camera, too- I get the film processed at a Walgreen drugstore and don't get any prints, I just get the CD with pics. It's lots cheaper -- (and I usually have to disgard half the pics I take because they're not too good anyway!) It just takes me alot longer to post than those with digital cameras.
And yes, I'd love to see more pics of Jesse!

ChrisH
08-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Oh, Steph, I hope you will try some of the ideas and be able to post some more pics of your gorgeous Jesse girl. :D

When I first joined I didn't have a digital camera either. I used a scanner but when my computer crashed I couldn't re-install because Bad Bob had chewed up the install disc!! The option to put on disc wasn't available here at that time so I got a cheap digital camera. which, I have to say, was in some ways better than the more expensive one I have now.

Chris

tikeyas_mom
08-06-2005, 02:49 PM
i dont have a digital camera either... so its hard for me too .. but ya know what!! you know your dog very well, dont you? and you can tell us stories about jesse!! :D

wolfie
08-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Jesse is a beautiful girl! I can tell just from you writing about her that she is very special. :)

I suggest getting your photos on disc too. We used to do that before we got a digital camera.

Vette
08-06-2005, 08:44 PM
The next time you get your film devloped,, take it to Walmart and check the box that says "Place on CD" (or something like that) and you wont need a digital camera,, or scanner. just put the disk in your DVD ROM in your computer when you get home and upload them from there. :D

i think you need a DVD ROM though in order for your PC to read stuff like that on a disk though,, but im not sure

and yes we would love to see pictures of Jesse! LOL

i dont think ive seen any pictures of her. :(

jesse_3
08-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Okay, I will try to post a website! How do you do that? In your siggy?? I am so confused, and pathetic with this type of stuff!! LOL!

Steph and Jes

Thanks everyone for the ideas!