PDA

View Full Version : Genuinely Happy. :)

Kfamr
08-06-2005, 12:43 AM
I've begun to know the meaning.
I was just thinking about some things and I thought i'd share.

I was just about to get to bed, walked into the livingroom and saw all 3 dogs curled up on the couch, content and fast asleep. All three of them on one couch.

I let out a big deep sigh and proceeded to walk their way. As I approached them they opened their eyes enough to see me and all 3 of their tails started going.

Then I thought some while I was hugging each of them.

I'm happy. I feel so content in life at the moment. I don't remember the last time i've cried myself to sleep.

I've finally been able to get rid of some people and things in my life that made me an emotional mess. A majority of the heartless thoughts that have been said to me are no longer affecting me. I've begun to look at the source of these things instead of taking every little bit and piece to heart like i've always done in the past. These heartless thoughts are no longer buzzing around in my head and building up into tears.. They're gone at the moment and i'm looking forward to never reliving them again.

I've begun living for me. Instead of trying to make everyone else happy i've been doing what I need to do to be happy.

I'm proud of myself for finally overcoming this... and I know there's others who are/were in the same boat. Hang in there because it will eventually all unravel and you'll be able to be content, too.

To some of you this may as well be a pointless post, but i'm posting it with a smile.. and at the moment that's all that matters. :)

Oggyflute
08-06-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm very happy your life is in balance Kay.:)

jennifert9
08-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Oh Kay, this brought me to tears....
I am SO SO SO Happy that you are happy!! What a fabulous feeling....!:D:D You deserve it more than anyone!

I am still searching, even at my age, for that contentment that you describe...I can achieve it in fits and spurts..but I'm waiting for it to sink in and stay awhile...

You are mature beyond your years dear Kay...I have known you were special and wonderful from the first time we clicked and I hope you know it forever and feel this way for the rest of your life. Give your parents and all the dogs kisses from me, especially You-Know-Who ;)

Love to you always, Jennifer and Duncan :D

caseysmom
08-06-2005, 01:10 AM
I am very happy you feel so good about your life, lots of people should but they don't. You seem to have a very good head on your shoulders.

finn's mom
08-06-2005, 01:20 AM
That's an incredible place to be, I know how hard it is to get there. It's something I've struggled with, too, and have moments where I lapse, but, for the most part, I can relate. I don't think it's a pointless post at all.

popcornbird
08-06-2005, 01:39 AM
Contentment is a great gift to have in life. It is worth much more than all the wealth in the world. Good to hear you are genuinely feeling happy.

Glacier
08-06-2005, 01:42 AM
What a fabulous post to read--and a fantastic place for you to be. I've had a similar experience. It took a long time to get there, but I distinctly remember the first time I looked around at my life and thought "this rocks!". I hope you can stay in this happy place for a long, long time!

jesse_3
08-06-2005, 02:00 AM
I am so glad that you are feeling happy now! I am sure that your dogs know it and are equally happy.

If this thread is pointless, then, well, I think that you would consider Pet Talk pointless. Everyone on PT matters, and every single word that a person says matters. PT is a place where you can be yourself and not have to hide, and if you are in emotional distress, someone is ALWAYS willing to talk. Therefore, how can this thread be pointless, every word you say has a meaning, and has a reason for being here. You said so in here that if you are feeling in distress hang in there, and I am adding, PT family is there!

I am SO glad that you are happy, and that you have made that you can enjoy life without crying yourself to sleep every night.

Steph and Jes

chocolatepuppy
08-06-2005, 05:34 AM
I've begun living for me. Instead of trying to make everyone else happy i've been doing what I need to do to be happy.

Good for you Kay! After this, everything will fall into place, when you're happy with yourself! No matter how bad things get in life, there's always some happy 'things', our furkids being one of them! :)

Daisy and Delilah
08-06-2005, 05:46 AM
Kay, I hope you know how happy it makes me to read this wonderful thread. There are so many people here that are so happy for you. You have made my day and put a smile on my face. Keep smiling sweetie!!:D

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

Ginger's Mom
08-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Not pointless at all. I am happy to hear that you are at such a happy, peaceful point in your life. Enjoy it and make the most of it. :)

trayi52
08-06-2005, 06:59 AM
I am happy to hear you are feeling so good about your life and have the happiness and contentment to go with it!

Willie:)

Corinna
08-06-2005, 07:36 AM
wahoo , I'm glad to hear this from you. I know you've worked hard to get to this place.

Cataholic
08-06-2005, 07:42 AM
What a wonderful post to read first thing on a Saturday morning! Realizing that YOU are the reason you live each day is wonderful. I have always liked the saying, "the way people treat you is a reflection of them, not you".

Keep on Happy'ing!;)

anna_66
08-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Kay I'm so glad to finally hear this. You of all people deserve to be happy:D

BIG {{{HUGS}}}:D

Pam
08-06-2005, 08:02 AM
KayAnn you could never start a pointless thread. Over the years I have been very impressed with just how mature you have always been for your age. I am so glad that you are at a happy place in your life. Many adults never achieve that. Of course three dogs on a sofa and three wagging tails certainly could make anyone happy I think! Seriously, I feel sorry for people who don't enjoy a special relationship with animals. I am so thankful for mine every minute of every day. Keep *happying* as Johanna said! :)

sirrahbed
08-06-2005, 08:11 AM
:) I had to smile at this post! the image of the three furrkids all content is such a good feeling isn't it? I feel the same way when I see a pile of happy kitties on the bed. Not pointless at all and this was such a happy post to read as my first one on this Saturday morning:)

Now off to search for a new Tyler video!!

Jadapit
08-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Kay, your post made me smile its not pointless at all. It makes us happy that your happy.:D Life is a beautiful thing I'm so glad you are feeling that inner peace and happiness. Keep on smiling and laughing.:)

ChrisH
08-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Oh, Kay, how wonderful! :D Reading your post put one big smile on my face, I am so happy for you. :D

{{Big Hugs}}
Chris

Karen
08-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

I've finally been able to get rid of some people and things in my life that made me an emotional mess. A majority of the heartless thoughts that have been said to me are no longer affecting me. I've begun to look at the source of these things instead of taking every little bit and piece to heart like i've always done in the past. These heartless thoughts are no longer buzzing around in my head and building up into tears.. They're gone at the moment and i'm looking forward to never reliving them again.

Oh, yay! Hooray! Big celebratory hug to you!!!!!! :)

luvofallhorses
08-06-2005, 10:40 AM
This is not a pointless post at all! I am glad you are happy :)

lizbud
08-06-2005, 12:20 PM
I am delighted to read this post. Thank you for thinking to share the happiness with all of us here.:) I've always believed
you were a strong person with a very good internal compass
for life.:D People reach out in hard times to share troubles & concerns & don't often think to share the happy & peaceful
side of their lives. I'm glad you did.:D

RobiLee
08-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Such a wonderful thing to read today, Kay! I'm so happy for you. This has got to be a fantastic feeling.

{{{Big hugs for you, girlfriend!}}}

Kfamr
08-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Thank you so much everyone for you kind words and replies. I was hoping to get the time to reply to you individually but i'm going to be heading to bed soon.

I'm so glad i've gotten the chance to know some of you for so long. I really feel like i've known some of you forever.. and to the others who I haven't, here's to many more years...

Starting my new job has really helped me along. Each day I come home completely sore and worn out but that soreness leaves me feeling so accomplished. It hurts, but it feels good. Maybe i'm just weird... well, I know I AM weird. Having such great co-workers is wonderful too. I'm constantly getting praised for my work and it makes me feel very good. :)

Anyways, thank you all again, and i'm glad i've been able to start some of your weekends with a smile. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Oops, didn't see this yesterday; was ill

Oh Kay, what a happy post!! This is not pointless at all!! Seeing other people happy also give me positive vibes!! Thank you for sharing your happy feelings with us!!

Chica
08-07-2005, 11:42 AM
I am so happy that you feel good . That is a great place to be. Just from talking to you on PT I get the feeling about you that you are a very good person. First comes you, then comes everyone else in your life. But treat yourself good and be happy.:)

kimlovescats
08-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Congratulations, Kay. Happiness and contentment are good things! ;)

wolf_Q
08-07-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm glad to hear that Kay! How great is it that you are enjoying your job too, good for you. :)

ramanth
08-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Woohoo!! What wonderful news to read. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
08-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Haven't been here long enough to get to know you but thank you for such an upbeat and positive post - hope you continue to smile!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Starting my new job has really helped me along. Each day I come home completely sore and worn out but that soreness leaves me feeling so accomplished. It hurts, but it feels good. Maybe i'm just weird... well, I know I AM weird. Having such great co-workers is wonderful too. I'm constantly getting praised for my work and it makes me feel very good. :)

Same here. My job is tiring but its worth it. :)