PDA

View Full Version : Pawlenty vs. PETA

jesse_3
08-06-2005, 12:26 AM
I can't actually find a site where this is so I will post what I know:

PETA asked if the Gov. could ban fishing in Minnesota because Walleye is our state fish, and Pawlenty replied by have a fish fry.

Minnesota Gov. is saying that it is childish what Pawlenty did, while all the sportsmen in Minnesota are clapping and saying bravo!

I thought that it was kind of funny. I don't fish, but most people in MN do. I can watch the fish gasping and seeing hooks through their lip...I think that it is sad.

Steph and Jes

Twisterdog
08-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Actually, I think that is funny, in a mean sort of way. He responded by having a fish fry .... *snort*.

I don't personally like to fish. I don't like to watch my food die. However, it is VERY hypocritical of anyone who eats meat to criticise those that can and do catch or hunt their own food. If you eat it, someone killed it for you.

jesse_3
08-07-2005, 09:53 PM
That is the same thing that I go through. I think that it is not THAT bad to hunt to eat instead of hunting to kill, or for a trophy. I still don't like it cause you can go out to buy your own meat.

The problem in MN is that if sportsmen or women don't hunt the deer, we would get over populated and the deer would starve to death. It is a hard situation.

Steph and Jes

Twisterdog
08-11-2005, 05:52 PM
The problem in MN is that if sportsmen or women don't hunt the deer, we would get over populated and the deer would starve to death. It is a hard situation.

That is the situation all over the country. Our deer population is over 3 million now ... a few decades ago it was 50,000. Deer/car collisions are increased in the same fashion.

jesse_3
08-17-2005, 03:00 PM
That is the situation all over the country. Our deer population is over 3 million now ... a few decades ago it was 50,000. Deer/car collisions are increased in the same fashion.
It is horrible isn't it? I wish that there was an easy way to cut down on the deer population:(

Maybe they could start to spay and neuter some deer?-That would be hard, but a good solution!

Steph and Jes

GreyhoundDaddy
08-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Eff Peta....

www.petakillsanimals.com

jesse_3
08-31-2005, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the website GreyhoundDaddy!

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter