PDA

View Full Version : Toby has Pancreatitis

doolittleky
08-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Yesterday, Toby was diagnosed with pancreatis. I am so depressed and have been crying since last night when I heard. As you know Shoo died from that. Toby is now 14 years old and had an en alrged heart and has had an enlarged liver and is on alot of meds already. He started throwing up yesterday and couldn't stop so they did bloodwork. He got a shot to stop the throwing up but it didn't help and he trew up all night and today. So today they admitted him so fluid therapy. I cried as the nurse took him from me. Please pray that he gets better and that I have more time with my baby.

Glacier
08-05-2005, 05:58 PM
All paws crossed for Toby and you. I've never had to deal with this in a cat, but a couple of my dogs have had pancreatitis. After a few days of intensive care at the vet, they made full recoveries. I hope Toby will be home with you soon!

doolittleky
08-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Toby is my pomeranian. I did have my cat a few years ago that died from it. Thanks for your prayers.
Melissa

Shady
08-05-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm so sorry Toby is so sick. Me and my furkids have all of our fingers and paws crossed and are including Toby in our prayers until he gets better.

(((hugs)))

Tess

chocolatepuppy
08-05-2005, 07:13 PM
I will keep sweet little Toby in my prayers.

catmandu
08-05-2005, 07:23 PM
WE ARE SORRY.TO HERA ABOUT TOBY,AND WE ARE SENDING PRAYERS,THAT THAT DEAR LITTLE PUP,WILL BE ALL RIGHT,AND BACKWITH YOU,AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos827.jpg

luvofallhorses
08-05-2005, 08:46 PM
I'll keep Toby in my prayers. (((hugs)))

AlleyCat
08-05-2005, 10:23 PM
I went through the same thing with my Onyx last November. It was horrible, but she made it! The trick is to get him to stop throwing up so he is able to keep food and liquids down. If possible, keep him at home with you rather than at the vet because I do believe that Toby knowing you are there and loving him may very well help him recover. I feel for you as I went through this, so I know exactly how you're feeling right now! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Toby!

krazyaboutkatz
08-06-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Toby.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care.

K & L
08-06-2005, 07:44 AM
So sorry to hear this. Get well little Toby!

doolittleky
08-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks all of you for your prayers, please keep them coming. I just came from the vet where I spent about a half an hour visiting Toby. the nurse said he ate a tiny bit of food today and hasn't thrown up so that is good news. he looked so tired. I am going to go back tomorrow and visit him.

momcat
08-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Prayers being prayed for Toby's swift and complete recovery! Please let us know how he's doing?

lisalee
08-06-2005, 10:22 PM
I will certainly say a prayer for Toby. I hope he gets better soon.

furrykidsmother
08-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Prayers being sent to Toby and you too!