PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime Stories ....

AmberLee
02-27-2002, 04:26 PM
Someone let slip that they create bedtime stories for their fur babies, too, so ...

AmberLee
02-27-2002, 04:44 PM
Here is one of Livvy's favorite bedtime stories! (Hint: One of her nicknames is My Darling Furry Princess.)

Once upon a time, a long time ago, maybe it was last week, there was a princess that always dressed in fur, was light on her tiny little tootsie feet, and loved to hunt small game. Like tiny game. Like micies. She was the Furry Princess . Everybody in the kingdom loves the Furry Princess . She's a wonderful girl (who thinks sitting in meetings is a massive bore -- she wants to be off twinkling on her tiny feet or huntin micies!!!) Well, everybody loves her (except the micies). Those micies banded together and paid a Wicked Wowser bunches of cheese to curse the Furry Princess!!!! :eek: :eek: (Eek! Eek!!)

So the Wicked Wowser cursed the Furry Princess and what do you know? She turned into a Precious Puddy Tat!!! When she woke up she stretched and said, "Hmm, something's different! Ooh, ooh! My fur coat's nicer than ever! My teeny tiny tootsies are tinier than ever! And my hunting skills are even better than ever!!! And I have a MAGNIFICENT bushy tail, too!!! I'm a Puddy Tat!!! Hurrah!!! This is my lucky day!!!"

Now she goes hunting micies whenever she wants to -- just trips off on her tiny tootsies and she's on a hunting trip! No packing and waiting for the royal hunting party to assemble. When they do succeed in trapping her to sit in on boring meetings, she curls up in a ball and delicately covers her nose and eyes with her lovely tail and drifts off to sleep. (The rest of the royal family are VERY JEALOUS of that lovely tail.)

So everybody lives happily ever after except the micies -- which is a pretty good average. Happy Puddy Tat dreams to you and may your happy dreams come true!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-27-2002, 05:12 PM
Amberlee, I loved your bedtime story! My 4 boy cats are SO jealous. They don't get bed time stories but I do read to them from their favorite, The Cat Who series of books by Lilian Jackson Braun. They admire Koko, naturally. :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-27-2002, 05:31 PM
AmberLee -- As I lack your creative and nimble mind -- I bought stocking stuffer books last year that were "Bedtime Stories for Cats" and "Bedtime Stories for Dogs" (Edwina has many canine relatives!) Of course, Edwina has her own copy.

My point is...you may not have to keep your day job...there's a market out there!

zippy-kat
02-27-2002, 07:09 PM
Once upon a not-so-long ago time, a precious loppy bunster was happily hopping through the magical parsley patch, minding her own beez-wax when suddenly a vile socked foot appeared. "Ezcuze me, nobudy iz 2 wearz sockz in da magical parsley patch. Puh-leaze removez dem immEdatly," said the loppy hoppy. The vile socked foot refused. *ThUmP* "I SED TAKEZ OFF DAT UGLY SOCKZ OR PREPAREZ YERSELF FOR DA WRATH OF SOPHIE!! My nicknamez Bonecrusher ya knowz!" She then added a *ThUmP* for extra emphasis. But alas, the bunz threat fell on deaf ankles. "OK SMELLY TOOTSIEZ--I'LL GIVEZ YOU 2 THREE BUT DEN---BEWAREZ OF DA BUNNIE!! One......eight.....five....nine....THREEEEEE!" And the boisterous bun went bounding through the leafy greens, aiming for a quick *nIp* on the ankles. Upon seeing this, the socked foot turned and fled.

But Momz, I wantz a bloody storiez...

No. You're too young for gruesome tales.

I iz notz! And whenz I wuz wittle, I grewz some tailz! Seez?!

Not that kind of tale, Sophmeister.

I WANTZ A BLOODY STORRIE!!!

*sigh* Fine. But not too bloody. *AHM*....Upon seeing the charging bunny...

you forgotz sumpin'

What?

2 tellz em how bee-U-T-ful I iz.

Upon seeing the WONDERFULLY CHARMING & GRACEFUL--not to mention GORGEOUS-bunster

Dat's much betterz

...the socked foot turned to run. However the speed of the bunnikin was too much for the foot. She first teased him...tickled him at his neked spots, with her lush fur. She ran circles around the heathen and finally sank her ivory teeth into his flesh which sent him flying out of the magical parsley patch."

You forgotz da bloodz.

He bled a little bit and soiled his sock. The end.

I wantz more bloodz.

UGH! Fine. The bun ripped the socked foot off at the ankle and ran with it. She ran as fast as her bunny legs could carry her...finally she came upon a village, sold the extremity to the gypsies who inturn sold it to the pork eaters. The pork eaters had it in soup that night. The bun went back to the magical parsley patch--and lived a very happy, socked feet-free life! THE END. NO MORE--GO TO BED!"

Kin I have some parsley?

NO! It's bed time! Go to bed!!

*ThUmP* NUTZ! *ThUmP*

AmberLee
02-27-2002, 07:13 PM
I just hope sweet sophie doesn't have nightmares after all that blood in the story! :eek: :rolleyes:

Great job!

wolflady
02-27-2002, 07:36 PM
OMG Such creative folks on this board!!! I love it, I love it!! I was just rollin' from laughter at those stories!! Now, I'll have think of one....gimmee a day or so! LOL LOL:p

AmberLee
02-27-2002, 07:55 PM
Once upon a time there was a precious Good Cassy who had a really short attention span, Good Cassy. He liked to explore on top of things like Mount Bookcase and Kitchen Mesa or inside things like Cave Knitting Caddy or the Undercover Cat Cave. Good Cassy would even explore Lake Bathtub from the edges or atop the Belly Island (when it was there), but not inside except in drought times. A cat has his standards, you understand. Good Cassy likes playing mini-blind solos *throm*, *throm*, *throm*, *throm*. Strange sideways rain happens sometimes but Good Cassy has learned to retreat under the bed till the odd storm passes. Feather dusters need to be disciplined with claw and fang and Good Cassy has dedicated his waking hours to keeping an eye on the birdies, the catnip mice, and feather dusters from raising too much hecter around his turf. Oooh, oooh, turf. Cat grass is munchy and Good Cassy will clutch a container to his chest and nibble it. Yum, yum, yum. Good Cassy needs frequent naps to keep up with his busy schedule. Night-night, Good Cassy!! See you in the morning.

sammi
02-27-2002, 09:12 PM
Geez! You guys are too funny!:p :p

LoudLou
02-27-2002, 09:15 PM
All of you are so talented!!! Maybe you all should start publishing these stories! They are THE BEST!

AmberLee What happened to the Furry Princess's Prince Oliver? He should bring her gifts of catnip and they could run off into the sunset hunting micies together.... They make such a beautiful pair I love reading their " Love Letters"... Seriously, Edwina's Secretary is right there IS a market out there!:D

zippy-kat SOPHIE aka: Bonecrusher that was a great story too! I say it was worthy of at least a little parsley before bed... very creative bunny you are.:D

AvaJoy
02-27-2002, 10:25 PM
On Xmas Eve I read Twas The Night Before Christmas from my ancient Little Golden Book to my furkids, and it is a game to see who can sit still for the duration . . . it is tradition.

Speaking of nursery rhymes, I am on a quest! If anyone knows the words or can locate this children's poem for me I shall be eternally grateful!:D :D It is called "Quack! Said Jerusha" written by Mildred Plew Merryman in the 1930's. Quite a lengthy poem about the experiences of a duckling upon breaking out of her shell. It was a favorite of mine as a little girl and I remember my Mother reading it to me many times over. I've had no luck finding anything on the internet. I have a feeling it was within a book of other nursery rhymes by various authors, which makes my search even more difficult . . . :(

zippy-kat
02-27-2002, 10:50 PM
I *vaguely* remember hearing it...I will search for it!!!

Gio
02-28-2002, 03:39 AM
You are all so creative, my furkids are really jealous now. I also believe that you should join efforts and write a book!

Mz Sophie, you're such a character! If your mum ever wants to send you on a holiday you are more than welcome over here, I think you and Prema would get on wonderfully! I also know someone who grows parsley...:D

lynnestankard
02-28-2002, 11:20 AM
LOL - these stories are soooo funny!!!:D :D More like Furry Tales than Fairy Tales eh?!!!!!

Avajoy - I've spent all afternoon (well it's cold and raining here!!)
on the net searching for Mildred Plew Merryman - found a couple of her poems but nothing even like 'Quack said Jerusha' - sorry:(
Trouble is I'm everso curious now and would love to read it!! In
fact there is an appeal out on one site for someone looking for it!
How about an appeal on Other - General? Get everyone interested and searching!!

Lynne

wolflady
02-28-2002, 11:38 AM
Now I'm curious about this Quack! Said Jerusha poem!! I haven't heard of it before!!
Still trying to think up some stories for my boys!! I'm just not that creative! LOL LOL Zippy, Scooter would LOVE for you to come up with one for him:D :D hehehehehehe
Amberlee, Marius can always use a story too....LOL LOL;)

zippy-kat
02-28-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
Zippy, Scooter would LOVE for you to come up with one for him:D :D hehehehehehe

Will do...lemme think of one for 'my' boy! ;)

Still haven't found Quacky Jerusha...

AvaJoy
02-28-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Avajoy - I've spent all afternoon (well it's cold and raining here!!)
on the net searching for Mildred Plew Merryman - found a couple of her poems but nothing even like 'Quack said Jerusha' - sorry:(
Trouble is I'm everso curious now and would love to read it!! In
fact there is an appeal out on one site for someone looking for it!
How about an appeal on Other - General? Get everyone interested and searching!!

Lynne

In my online searching I believe I came across the same appeal you did, and noticed that no one has responded to it . . . :( Thanks for your input and suggestion . . . I'm off to plead for help on General . . . I almost want to offer a reward for it . . . well, if I ever get to read it again, I will see that you get a copy! I won't spoil it by telling the ending of Jerusha's adventure, but it is darling! :)

Zipppy, thanks, too, for your interest and helping . . . maybe you can come up with something . . . :) :)

NoahsMommy
03-03-2002, 11:40 PM
We dont tell bed time stories, but we DO tell "Bath Time Stories"...you know, when mommy is in the bath and they are staring at me...

This is Noah's:

One day, a long, long, long time ago, there was a man named Noah. God told Noah to build an arc to hold two of each animal in the world. Noah did what God told him, despite what his friends said. (They said he was "crazy", Noah doesn't like that part...) When the arc was built and the animals were loaded (this is where we go off and talk about ALL the animals...) it began to rain and rain. So much rain had fallen that the arc lifted off the ground and began to float. Under all the water was the world...(Noah is amazed at this part) Finally, 40 days later the rain stopped annd the arc was able to rest on land. ALl the animals were able to repopulate the world (shhh....Noah doesn't know what that means...) and life went on. We always end the story with "Now Noah, you have a mighty name to live up to...remember that when you are picking on Noel..." (He ignores that part!)

And for Noel:

Once upon a time, there was a princess kitty, named Noel. She was named that because the king and queen loved Christmas and thought that she was as beautiful as the holiday. Princess Noel loved to frolic in the flower gardens and lay in the sun. She would lay there, dreaming about her prince charming, the black and white royal Prince Rupert. Prince Rupert lived in the next kingdom over, they only got to see eachother when the kings and queens got together. One day, as princess Noel was basking in the flower garden, she heard prince Rupert calling her name. There he was! Running around her family's garden in the sun. She ran to greet him and gave him head butts and rubbies, thinking they were alone....but alas, Noel's father had seen the display and hurried to get his wife, the queen. That night, they sent a letter to prince Rupert's family....they wanted to propose a marriage between the two!! Prince Rupert's family agreed happily and they all lived happily ever after. (Noel likes the story until we tell her that Rupert is a cat, not daddy in disquise...)

wolflady
03-04-2002, 01:36 PM
LOL LOL Kelly, how cute!!! I love 'em both!! Noah sure does have a LOT to live up too!! :eek:
Noel is just too cute! Such a lady!!:)

AmberLee
03-18-2002, 04:03 PM
Oh, so cute. So sorry I missed the outing in San Francisco. I was awfully sick! Marius' Mom tells me she had a great time with you. Can you imagine telling these stories face-to-face? (Or the weird looks we'd get from people overhearing us??? :o ;) :rolleyes: :eek: )

I'm working on "Furry Prince Cassy and the Adventures of the Pet Talk Round Table". Hope to have it posted soon.

AmberLee
03-18-2002, 09:18 PM
Once upon a time ...

a not so long time ago, Prince Cassy called an emergency meeting of the Pet Talk Round Table. A little human kitten was lost and trapped and the humans were looking in the wrong spot for him. The many Pet Talk Knights and Ladies were very concerned. :eek: "I thought it was a regular kitten, not a human kitten. How can we help a human kitten? They're very heavy," worried Scooter. "And they grab tails," added Oliver. :mad: "My Marius can figure out how to help him," cooed Edwina. Prince Cassy called the group to order. They sat in and around the one of the old fig trees at Fig Tree Ranch. Spencer's fur ruffled as he watched Butter and Ernie slink towards the barn. He'd bet those two were up to mischief.

"The human search party is below the park. The kitten is small for a human and is trapped at the edge of the stream. The water's rising. Some of us will need to hold the head above water and some will need to lure the search party in closer much faster." Kitty and Casper volunteered to lure the search party and the others agreed to take turns at the stream. It would be difficult work, but by taking turns they should be able to carry it off.

Spencer and Ms. Vicky started holding the kitten's collar up and Livvy and Oliver used their body heat to keep the kitten from freezing. Cassy and Ernie worked desperately to loosen the sneaker that was trapped by the stick in the stream. No one panicked, but desperation was beginning to set in as they rotated positions: Tatty Boggles, Mimi, Mr. B, Peaches, Big Mac, Alexander, Shiloh, Edwina, Napoleon, Maddie, Jazzie, Lily, Tundra, Misty, Smokey, Boots, Zezu, Scarlet, Ritz, Tinky, Kitling, Sparky, Freckles, Prema, Maya, Foxy, Simba, Butter, Ernie, Wynki, Took, Snow Tiger, Jumper, Princess, Stump and Emmett, Scooter and Clyde, Trevor and Andy, Pesto, Kylie, Garbo, Ernie, Misty and Fawn, Tebaldi, Winston Winkle Whitewall, Elvis, Jack Daniels, Scooter, Kedi and Wylie, KitKit and even A.J. took a rotation. Finally they saw an exhausted pair -- Kitty and Casper dash up. "The humans are right behind us", they panted, "Should we all hide?"

"Right you are, the Pet Talk Round Table should be kept a secret. Most of you head up the hill and hide", Cassy meowed exhaustedly. Livvy and Oliver, and Marius and Edwina somehow managed to find hiding places together that overlooked the vital portion of the stream.

"Mommy, Daddy", cried the toddler, "I got stuck, but the kitties kept me safe. They held me." The parents were crying in relief and thought little of the strange belief their baby held. But the rest of the rescue team did wonder at the number of paw prints in the mud.

Another successful rescue by the Knights and Ladies of the PTRT. "Does everyone remember your cover story?" Tired mews stated, "I'm under the bed". "I'm in the closet". "I'm stuck in a cabinet". "Napping in the bookcase!" "Oh, no, I'm supposed to be in the basement, but they'll never believe that!"

Do you know where your cat was today?

tatsxxx11
03-18-2002, 11:02 PM
WHERE HAVE I BEEN??? I can't believe I missed this! Ut oh, better get those wheels spinning! What WONDERFUL STORIES!!! I'm going to take them to bed with me! You guys are THE BEST!!!!

sammi
03-18-2002, 11:20 PM
Thank you for the cute kitty story! I loved it even though I don't have a cat. Must say you put lots into this with remembering all the kitty - cats name's.:D

LoudLou
03-19-2002, 02:26 AM
YOU, AmberLee- SHOULD have a Publisher and a Book Deal!! You are so Talented!!!:D Louie and his Meezer Beans loved the story,...even my Husband thought it was great!:D

Gio
03-19-2002, 04:08 AM
WOW, what a story! Prema, Maya and Foxy will be honoured!:)

Former User
03-19-2002, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee

I do now! ;)

Thanx for the story! I'm amazed how well behaved Casper and Kitty were!! ;) :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-19-2002, 08:51 AM
Amberlee - WOW! Aboslutely delightful! You are so talented.

NoahsMommy
03-19-2002, 02:56 PM
Too cute Amberlee! I hope you are feeling better! I'll be up there again, so maybe next time! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-19-2002, 02:59 PM
What a great story. So that's what Pet Talk kitties do in their spare time.;)

wolflady
03-19-2002, 04:16 PM
LOL LOL AmberLee!! Such a great story!! No wonder our cats are always so lazy in the evenings. Must be all the action they see during the day! LOL LOL LOVED IT! LOVED IT!:D I always love your creative posts...such inspiration!!;)
Marius thinks that he and Edwina, Oliver and Livvy need to go on a double date....=^..^=
:D

tuxluvr
03-19-2002, 07:55 PM
Once upon a time ...

hmmmm, no wonder Ritz is so sleepy in the afternoon!

AmberLee
03-21-2002, 10:32 PM
Hmmm, I'm going to have to think about this as a story idea. ;) :cool: :D

Or should it be :eek: ?

Former User
03-22-2002, 03:48 AM
Kitty here, see my reply on that other topic, I guess it was A Perfect Cat Toy or something, in games... Mommy is sooooo boring!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ila
03-24-2002, 03:18 PM
These are great stories everyone. Poor Misty never had a bed time furry story. I might just have to read her these. Haha!!

AmberLee
03-26-2002, 07:41 PM
Once upon a time ...

a long, long, looooong time ago the king of the lemmings leapt up from his fluffy little bed clutching his furry chest with one paw and clamping his glittery crown to his head with the other. "My darling," said his wife, the Queenypoo of the lemmings, "What ever is the matter? You're trembling and panting. Did you have a royal nightmare?"

"We must RUN! Run, run, run! I had the most awful vision. Cats, cats everywhere! Gleaming fangs, hundreds of slashy claws, and leapy, twisty, contortionistic gleaming bodies! It was hideous! You can't imagine. Run and save yourselves!"

"It was just a dream, darling, don't give yourself a heart attack."

"No, we must save ourselves NOW. Run, run, run."

:eek: :eek:

And so the whole tribe of lemmings ran and ran and ran and instead of the danger of the massed might of the Cats of the Pet Talk Round Table, they ran right off a cliff. Oopsie! Oh, my! Darned shame. The moral of this story might be that it pays to listen to the queenypoo on occasion. Maybe not.

Sweet dreams, little fur-babies. Mommy loves you dearly.

LoudLou
03-26-2002, 07:58 PM
Bravo! Bravo!

AmberLee, Your so good! You need a publisher!:D :D

wolflady
03-27-2002, 01:42 PM
LOL LOL AmberLee....you're so creative! I love it!;)

Edwina's Secretary
03-27-2002, 02:23 PM
I'm going to read THIS bedtime story to my husband tonight!

AmberLee
04-01-2002, 03:42 PM
The astronaut/guided missile stands poised and clear-eyed high atop the bookcase ...

"Houston, mission is a go. Ten, Nine, Eight. Abort! Abort! Abort! Missile is examining a bug."
Thwack, thwack.
Back to launching pad; slashy tail; adjust rump for take-off...

"Houston, mission is a go. Ten, Nine, ... Abort! Abort! Abort! Mission being scrubbed on ear and neck."

Our intrepid astronaut/guided missile takes a brief, refreshing cat nap following the urgent bath.

"Houston, tail is slashy, repeat: tail is slashy; rump is adjusted. Mission is a go. Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Blastoff!"

"Whuuuuuufffff!" **Wheeze** "Rotten cat..."

"Houston. Perfect four point landing on Mommy tummy. On trajectory for kibble. All systems are go, go, go. Stand down. Successful mission. Well done, team!"

AmberLee
04-10-2002, 03:53 PM
Once upon a time,

just yesterday in fact, an EVIL genie came to our house to subject a brave pud tat to water torture!!! :eek: :eek:

The evil genie picked up the brave pud tat and dropped him in the water dish. Splishy! Splashy! Splooshy! Crests of water poured across the bathroom floor drenching everything in it's path. Over and over again the brave pud tat got dropped in the water til the water dish was empty and the extra water in the reservoir was empty and there was no more Splashy! sound when the brave pud tat got dropped. So the evil genie got bored and went home and the brave pud tat took his poor, wet, tired body to the middle of Mommy's pillow to sooth his frazzled nerves.

At least that's the story I was told when I got home to a damp cat, soggy pillow, drenched bathroom, and a sputtering water fountain.

Bad, naughty genie!!!

lynnestankard
04-10-2002, 04:12 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL

Amber Lee these stories are just so funny - I tried sitting down with Bagel, Ketchum and Dan and regaling them.
Well Bagel seemed to listen - but fell asleep - typical.
Ketchum looked bewildered, as usual, then ran off upstairs.
Dan had a good wash and really enjoyed the stories - he stayed!!!!!
I'm giving up on those three - I love 'em - keep them coming pedrleaaaaaasssse!:D :D

Lynne

AmberLee
04-10-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
...Bagel seemed to listen - but fell asleep ...

Ahah!!! These bedtimes stories were a SUCCESS!!!

Thanks for letting me know.

AmberLee
04-11-2002, 07:20 PM
I am having a ton of fun with these.

zippy-kat
05-04-2002, 03:25 PM
I'm having one of those days and could really use an "Auntie Amber" story...;)

*cough, cough* hint, hint *cough, cough*
;) :D ;)

AmberLee
05-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Once Upon A Time
... a long, long, long time ago (so they say) the many members of the Cat-ly Knights of the Pet Talk Round Table had an undersea adventure!

Now keep in mind that undersea adventures are VERY frustrating for felines! It's tricky getting into wet-suits when you have claws and no opposable thumbs, and it's awkward to have water pressing your wet-suit in all around your svelte, trim **ahem, cough, cough** body, AND it's miserable seeing a tasty, toothsome morsel slip by when your paws are in the blamed wet-suit and your head is incased in a bubble. It takes a lot to make cats go cavorting under the seas, you understand. It takes a lot, but our cats are valiant, brave, and daring! So, when the emergency call went out that small, valiant volunteers were needed to save the world, who answered the call? The brave, the furry, the valiant Knights of Pet Talk Round Table!

Background: Eco-terrorists have submerged pellets containing a virulent poison off of the Great Barrier Reef that will dissolve and eventually kill all life in the oceans - thereby killing all life in the world! **Gasp!! How dastardly!! How evil!!** By clever cunning they made the pellets ping-pong ball sized and hid them amid razor-sharp reef to keep humans at bay. For once all the humans were working together as a team, but they were stymied by their large size and (face it) awkward bodies.

Spenser-the-Lion called the KoPTRT together. As distasteful as it would be, they and they alone could save the world from certain death. Who else had the grace, artistry, and daring to wacky little ping-pong balls from impossible locations and out to where the humans could access them? Face it, when you think grace, you think kitty-cats, now don't you? From around the world each cat eagerly appeared and helped one another suit up. Ernie and Butter did spend a great deal of time racing around the beach kicking sand up and tackling one another, but it was pointed out that their energy was needed elsewhere. Casper and Kitty prettily lead the dive team off of the boat once it anchored above the fatal pellets. "Tha-awkie" the first pellet popped from under the reef! Mr. B. bopped it to the next cat in line, Cassy, who relayed it to Scooter, to Sydney, to Marius, to Smokey, to Princess, to Miss Vicki, to Shiloh and on and on it rolled until the human could capture and neutralize it. The same story repeated all over the reef: to the north: Stormy to Oliver to Livvy to Edwina to Ritzy to Snow Tiger to Amy to Tubby and to the East: Rainbow to Foxy to Noah to Kitty to Noel to Casper to Prema to Maya to Boots and to the South: Pesto to Garbo to Trevor to Mimi to Wynki to Simba to Jumper to Emmett to Pepper and to Stump … In fact, in all directions of the compass the many brave-hearted Knights thwackied ping-pong balls of destruction because they were so brave!

One human reported to his commander what he was seeing and was severely reprimanded for drinking while on duty. "There can't be hundreds of little cats in wet suits scampering at the bottom of the sea, you fool," he screamed, "Do you have rapture of the deep that you're seeing things?"

To be continued...

zippy-kat
05-06-2002, 09:38 PM
Luv it! Luv It! LUV IT!!!

Can't wait 4 part 2!!!:D

LoudLou
05-06-2002, 10:42 PM
Great story AmberLee... Anxiously awaiting the sequel!
http://www.scubacat.com/images/scubacat-logo2.gif

AmberLee
05-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Great story AmberLee... Anxiously awaiting the sequel!
http://www.scubacat.com/images/scubacat-logo2.gif

OMG!!! There's actually an illustration of scuba diving cats?? Yow!! Who'd thought it??? I've been bouncing some ideas off of friends who scuba dive and one of them sketched out Cassy in a suit, but that some one else also thought of this conceit!!! I'm stunned! :eek: :rolleyes:

As long as the story was too long for one post, I'm beefing it up and adding even more 'adventure' -- part two should be up tomorrow.

Former User
05-07-2002, 02:16 AM
I can't wait to hear the second part, go ahead AmberLee ;)

lynnestankard
05-07-2002, 04:22 AM
Go Amber Lee!!! It's like the 'olden' days at the cinema when they had the exciting serial on Saturday!!!! I'm all agog and the three stooges are actually listening- and staying awake!!!:D :D :D

Lynne

wolflady
05-07-2002, 11:49 AM
AmberLee, what a creative person you are! I love it!! :D
I'm eagerly awaiting part II also!!! :D

AmberLee
05-07-2002, 11:35 PM
Oops :o I've hit a technical delay and won't have Part II up as fast as I'd hoped. My friend/co-worker who the diver giving me tips is getting back from a business trip tomorrow. Apparently my shifting the story to the Great Barrier Reef has caused a couple technical difficulties that she will help me straighten out. Our emails aren't enough to get my mind around the concepts she's telling me about. Hope to get the story fixed and back on track SOON.

She sketched out Cassy in a diver's outfit that is really cute. If I get a chance I'll get it scanned so you all can see her creative talents, too.

Niina, thanks for okaying my proposed plot twist. I think it's going to work great! Hee, hee!

Listen -- Was that the Mighty Wurltizer Organ playing the theme of Saturday Movies Serial that I hear? Hee, hee, hee!

Former User
05-08-2002, 02:18 AM

Niina, thanks for okaying my proposed plot twist. I think it's going to work great! Hee, hee!

;) :D

Gio
05-08-2002, 06:22 AM
I'm pleased to announce that Amberlee's bestseller has already been translated in a number of languages. My 3 are bilingual (:rolleyes: ) but I wanted other family members to enjoy them. Now they are anxiously waiting for the sequel. :D

Foxy would like to know if he can appear as himself in the film as soon as he heard that he could play in the water :D

AmberLee
05-10-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Gio
...Amberlee's bestseller has already been translated in a number of languages. ... Foxy would like to know if he can appear as himself in the film as soon as he heard that he could play in the water

Wahoo!! Sorry I'm hitting delays on the 2nd part. Soon, guys! A couple minor family challenges are getting in the way of PT. :o Gio, Foxy would certainly light up the cinema screen, wouldn't he? Unfortunately, I don't think authors have casting authority. Unless we start a PT Cinema division? Was it Chuck who did the videos on the Texas trip? Is he the official PT director? Perhaps we should lobby him???

lynnestankard
05-23-2002, 05:01 PM
Had to bring this back to the top AmberLee - some of us haven't forgotten we're waiting for Part 2 of our Bedtime Story!!!
PURRRRRLEASE!!!

Lynne

RainbowAndHobbesMom
05-23-2002, 08:22 PM
ROFLMAO I just read Zippy Kat's story! OMG i send that to all my rabbit loving friends and showed it to alot of people! I love that story! I will keep that on my bullentin ( cant spell tonight FINALS week!) board and read it whenever i need a smile or laugh! thanks :D

zippy-kat
05-24-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by RainbowAndHobbesMom
ROFLMAO I just read Zippy Kat's story! OMG i send that to all my rabbit loving friends and showed it to alot of people! I love that story! I will keep that on my bullentin ( cant spell tonight FINALS week!) board and read it whenever i need a smile or laugh! thanks :D

:o :D
lol Thanks!!!

and I haven't forgotten that we were promised a part two either...;)

lynnestankard
06-03-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey AmberLee - bringing this to the top again!!!
Just that we have a little problem here - I've read and reread these tales to the three stooges and not only am I awaiting part two but just to let you know that Bagel and Ketchum and Dan are waiting too!!! Now I don't mind (much!!) waiting - but you know what cats are like - when they want it - they want it NOW!:D :D

Lynne

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/catrush.gif http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/catrush.gif http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/catrush.gif http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/catrush.gif

AmberLee
02-23-2005, 10:26 PM
OMG; PCB and I were 'talking' about this thread last night. I'd forgotten how much fun it was. Now what the heck was I planning for part II? :eek: :confused: :D

AmberLee
02-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Requesting permission for using a specific kitten...

catmandu
02-24-2005, 09:05 AM
Once,there were poor Lost Cats.They were cold,and hungry,and all alone.Then they heard,of theFound Cat Hotel.And they came,and the kindly Geezer,took them,in,cleaned them,fed them.They were so happy,that they became The Found Cats,and now,they have a place,all thier own.They ahve Toys,Fun ,Food,and most importantly Friends,so they will never be alone,ever again.

RICHARD
02-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Once upon a time there was a Prince named Edward.

He took a pee and then climbed into bed.

The End.

:cool:

AmberLee
02-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Once upon a time there was a Prince named Edward.

He took a pee and then climbed into bed.

But did it keep him awake, proving him to be a true prince??? Or is that just a princess thing?

AmberLee
02-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Permission received to proceed. (After a 3 year hiatus, sheesh.)

:o :o :o The new permission was from a different PTer. I was Sheeshing my procrastion and forgetfulness.

Cosmicat
02-24-2005, 08:53 PM
My goodness.... you are so creative, your bedtime stories are great!! :)

AmberLee
11-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Smitty shouted back, “Rapture of the deep? Or drunk? Are you CRAZY? No. I know what I saw and I saw cats. Cats helping the rescue operation. Even a few dolphins and other critters helping out, too. Give me a breathalyzer or whatever test you want. ”

Meanwhile, dainty silver tabby Miss Elizabeth Barrett Browning was enjoying the freedom of scooting underwater, as she coordinated rescue operations between teams. She was particularly entranced with riding dolphin-back and exciting the fishes by batting at them.

Suddenly a mangy, rangy big old shark swam up and chomped the pert kitten. What a shock! One second she was swooshing through the water and the next the world went dark and there was pressure, painful pressure on her helmet and on her Kelvar vest. Ugh, hard to breathe. Pant, pant, pant! Her little paws weren’t too effective against the shark’s tough old tongue and palate, but she gamely kicked and kicked. Her tail lashed and slashed. Fortunately, her dolphin stead was even more effective at getting the shark’s attention. POW, he nose-butted the old stinker.

The shark was trying to concentrate on chomping the odd little octopi or whatever it was he had scooped up. He didn’t have time to deal with this nasty dolphin. Maybe he should just swallow the wriggly morsel whole? Finally he decided it wasn’t worth it and spat Miss Lizzy out. “What is WRONG with you? Quit thumping my tummy or I’ll bite you!” he roared through his pain.

“You almost swallowed Miss Lizzy” the dolphin hollered back. “We’ve signed a peace treaty for their help and you almost blew it!”

“Treaty?” the shark blustered embarrassly. He vaguely recalled hearing something about it and eco-terrorists and – cats, whatever they were. Probably some nuisancy new type of fish, no doubt.

The dolphin was pushing Miss Lizzy with his snout. “Are you alright, little one?”

She thankfully inflated her lungs, enjoying the sensation of breathing freely again. “I’m fine now, thank you for your help! Let’s get the message to Spenser’s team.”

Our plucky heroine hopped atop the dolphin once again and was very proud at the successful thwarting of the dastardly plot. Once again, the Knights and Ladies of the Animal Chatter Round Table had made the world a better place – for cats, for humans, for all creatures.

Rest well, you sweet fur-baby, and know that you are safe from forgetful sharks and from eco-terrorists, too. Blessings on the K (aL)oACRT!!!

P.S. I chose not to go back and correct the inaccuracies of scuba diving off the Great Barrier Reef, mainly because the expert that objected previously has moved away, and I've forgotten what she said would be needed to correct it. Sorry, all you scuba experts!

Killearn Kitties
11-08-2005, 03:53 AM
Phew! Could Cassy and Livvy sleep after all that excitement? :eek:

catmandu
11-08-2005, 12:22 PM
And a Scraed Cold Hungry Kitten looked inside and wished that she could be a Found Cat too.
And be warm,and have plenty to eat,and never be lonely.
Then the Pet Talker Angels answered her prayers and shes a Happy Scrappy 2.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture966.jpg

AmberLee
11-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Once upon a time a long, long time ago, the adventurous furry princess sat by the castle door and when one of the clumsy couriers stepped outside to get the royal mail, she darted out the door to get a bit of freshest of fresh air. She hopped over a puddle and wriggled happily on a dry patch of concrete that had been kissed by the sun. Then she scampered through a big puddle, splishy splashy, splishy splashy – what fun! And strolled under a camellia shrub. Um, doesn’t that smell nice? She nibbled daintily on a bit of groundcover and sashayed behind the bushes to the large bush under her bedroom window. Hmmm, doesn’t THIS smell interesting? The barefoot courier was hopping from foot to foot imploring the dainty majestic wonder to come inside where is was dry. Nope, no sirree bob. It smelled so fresh and invigorating she couldn’t understand why the whole court didn’t refresh themselves under damp bushes. She felt like she could breathe deeply for the first time in weeks. Large grabby hands kept reaching for her, which was indeed a nuiscence, but her lithe nimble body was well able to elude such clumsy attempts. Her precious ears rotated to monitor her grabby partner’s lunges, she explored the undersides of some of the vehicles lining the royal parking area.

“Don’t rub up against anything greasy, leaky, or smelly, your darlingness, or you’ll have to get a bath and you’ll HATE that!”, she was warned. It made good sense, so she quickly scampered back under bush to yelp insults at her royal fuzzy brother. He was having a fit in the window as he watched her cavort. What fun!!!

The royal courier was getting very damp in the drizzle that her royal fuzziness was sheltered from by the bush. Finally the noisy, soggy, complaining grabby courier went back inside the castle. Whew. Now the princess could think! Now she could stretch. Now she could decide what SHE wanted to do for once. So she pondered and pondered for almost a minute. She realized precisely what she longed for, and it was do-able. She marched to the door of the castle and DEMANDED to be let in so she could grab a snack. The naughty courier opened the door and let the royal miss inside. And the courier was relived to have the adventuress home. And her brother was glad she wasn’t in the bush any more. And she was glad to be warm and fed so everybody in the story was happy. Isn’t that nice?

Since everyone is happy, why don’t you relax and get some restful sleep, too, my precious one? :D :D :D

AmberLee
11-30-2005, 02:11 AM
“Willikins, Matthews, and Pouncer, Attorneys At Law”

The sleek, suave and debonair attorney paced in front of his fellow partners, practicing his closing remarks. Juries can be so prejudiced, even in this day and age, that perfect presentation is very important.

“Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my client, stands before you today unjustly accused. My honored opponent insists that Oliver’s fur is in the colander. Of COURSE it’s his fur in the colander. He sleeps in the colander every chance he gets. It comforts him. Photos of him sleeping in the colander have been posted on the internet and in calendars in previous years. Now, you may or may not have ever slept in a colander, but I ask you to search your hearts and your beds. I am sure you will find your fur or your hair as the case may be wherever you sleep. My honored opponent may never have slept in a colander, but how can he say that fur in a colander proves that my client ate the pasta? If anything, it proves his innocence. His pet human admitted on this very witness stand to washing the colander before making the pasta salad and confirms that this would have washed away his fur. Examine the photo before you. The colander is metal. When you pour steaming pasta into a metal colander, the colander gets hot. Would you sleep in a metal bed heated to water’s boiling point? I think not, and neither would this cat. So the colander had time to cool down and become a comfortable heat. A warm, soothing nook to escape the pressures of the day. And while Oliver was peacefully asleep in the colander, someone ate the pasta salad! His fur confirms his presence in the kitchen sink, in the colander. But who ate the salad? Ladies and gentlemen, be fair. Can a anyone, much less a cat sleeping in a kitchen be two places at once? Can he be atop a picnic table at a beach a mile away chomping pasta? We know that he can’t. Does this trial demand we prove who chomped the pasta? Recall what the judge said earlier. It does not. We don’t care if his humans ate the salad and are trying to pretend they didn’t. We don’t care if the family dogs helped themselves as their humans frolicked in the waves. We don’t care if passers-by on the beach helped themselves when no one was looking. We don’t even care if a mighty herd of rambunctious punk mice or even monkeys scampered up atop the picnic table and devoured the lot. Even if the very thought of mice or monkeys makes our mouths water, we don’t care. My client is proven innocent by the District Attorney’s own tests and evidence. Let Oliver return to his loving home, the home with humans who even now agree that he is a much wronged fur-baby and beg for his return from captivity. Free Oliver for justice’s sake! But free Oliver.”

Pouncer’s tail slashed as he concluded his heartfelt plea. His partners, Willikins and Matthews applauded vigorously before they came up with helpful tips to improve the stirring and impassioned closing argument. The mouth-watering reference to mice was debated vigorously. Might it be just too distracting with it’s delicious implications?

Most satisfying of all was the realization that Oliver, innocence feline-afied, would be sleeping peacefully in his colander by the end of trial, perhaps as early as tomorrow.

Sleep well, my furry delight, whether you are in a colander or not.

Killearn Kitties
11-30-2005, 04:13 AM
Oh Pouncer, you are so eloquent!! *sniff* Oliver will be so grateful!

:D :D :D

AmberLee
12-02-2005, 02:59 AM
:D

Thanks! ;-)

tatsxxx11
12-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Ahhhhhh! Noooooooooooo!!! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gifYou remember the collander??? I can hardly type, blew my coffee up my nose! You are a hoot, Amber! Oliver, come read!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid13/p56aa0b7485a3e238988690bcc3fbff54/fdd6ede8.jpg

And how about the DRYER?????????? WHERE HE ACTUALLY TOOK A SPIN FOR SEVERAL SECONDS! :eek: Fur in the pasta, now fur in the underwear......I sense another law suit looming! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid13/p7c267fbad52a5c618bd5e547eb33a628/fdd6e646.jpg

Corinna
12-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Now this is the old pet talk how have we changed so much. This and the Klam Jusse were just great things. Thanks for reviving this thread ladies.

tatsxxx11
12-07-2005, 05:46 AM
You're right Corinna!!!:) Brings back fond memories of simpler times...Remember when we were all scrambling to learn how to post one picture?:D And no digital cameras! lol What hasn't changed is my kitchen sadly, which could use an overhaul!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-07-2005, 11:28 AM
What a great story! Love the pics too. Nothing better than a good story book with great pictures. :D

Killearn Kitties
12-08-2005, 08:05 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid13/p56aa0b7485a3e238988690bcc3fbff54/fdd6ede8.jpg

:eek: Is that really Oliver?? What - THE Oliver? Livvy's Knight in Furry Armour. I've never seen him before. He is adorably cuddly-looking. :D

tatsxxx11
12-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks KK!:) Yup, THE Oliver, the one and only!:D Oh, I'm a proud Mom for sure but he IS the sweetest, most squishable, lovable, gentlest of souls! Loves EVERYONE, EVERY THING, skinned, furry, feathered...follows the dogs everywhere, trys to follow them out the door to play (:eek:) sleeps curled up in Star's belly, even snuggles with the guinea pigs, washing them! lol At the vet's, he proudly marches out of his port-a-prison, jumps up onto the examing table and plops right down on the table scale and starts purrring:D Everyone loves Ollie! He really is a doll baby!:)