PDA

View Full Version : does this name sound too similar?

lv4dogs
08-04-2005, 03:06 PM
As most of you know I want to name my Aussie puppy Tateum (as long as he likes the name).
But I'll mainly be calling him Tate.

One of my cats names is Tiki but I mainly call him Tik (pronounced Teeke).

Do you think I may confuse one or the other or both if one is called Teek & the other Tate?

It just occured to me last night that they sound a lot alike. Oh it will stink if I can't/shouldn't use that name,It's my favorite name right now for the puppy, I've been dying to use it on my Aussie for almost a year now and I can't change Tiki's name, he listens to it too well.

lute
08-04-2005, 03:10 PM
i don't know if it'll confuse them. i can't guarentee that though.

beeniesmom
08-04-2005, 03:32 PM
You should probably call your dog by his full name Tateum.... to avoid confusion.

:confused: tiki (did she call you or me?)
:confused: Tateum (I dunno?)

lv4dogs
08-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
You should probably call your dog by his full name Tateum.... to avoid confusion.

:confused: tiki (did she call you or me?)
:confused: Tateum (I dunno?)

I was thinking of calling him by his full name but I don't really like it at all. I'd rather call him something totally different than Tateum. I just picked that because I like 2 syllabol names with a one syllabol nickname & I LOVE the name Tate.

tiki (did she call you or me?)
Tateum (I dunno?)

I'm confused. I don't understand that part.

Almita
08-04-2005, 03:45 PM
when my muneca and chiquis was little i usual called muneca..munequita or gorda and for chiquis.. cheeks and chidipudis hehe he likes it when he is lazy but they knew there real names were muneca and chiquis.

beeniesmom
08-04-2005, 03:53 PM
[i]I'm confused. I don't understand that part. [/B]

I was just joking. I tried to make a comic of the puppy and the cat talking to each other when you called them. (they were confused becaue they didn't know who you wanted). ;)

Christiansmommy
08-04-2005, 04:23 PM
I think they sound different enough. I would still name your dog Tate, since you like it...i don't think it would confuse them...JMO.

lv4dogs
08-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
I was just joking. I tried to make a comic of the puppy and the cat talking to each other when you called them. (they were confused becaue they didn't know who you wanted). ;)
Ah I get it now. Duh. lol That is cute now that I get it. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
08-05-2005, 08:50 AM
I think they sound different enough for them to understand (when they want to........)

jesse_3
08-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Hmm, maybe that you can call Tiki, Tiki instead if Tik?

I don't think that it will confuse them unless they are using selective hearing.

Rachel (rizzy) dog Sally and my parents dog Sammy don't get mixed up, and with all three names, Jesse, Sally, and Sammy, none of them get mixed up, so....I think that it will be all right!

Steph and Jes

Roxyluvsme13
08-05-2005, 03:50 PM
:Di dont think they will get it confused (i love the name tate too)

BitsyNaceyDog
08-05-2005, 04:40 PM
I don't think they will get confused.
I like the name Tate. I'd be calling him "tater tot". :D

Kfamr
08-05-2005, 04:59 PM
I call Simba "Ti" (Tee) and Kiara "Ki" (Kee) and neither of them get confused when both nicknames are just a letter away. I'm not sure what a cats reaction would be, though. :)

Kari, I thought the same thing. Tater Tot was the first nickname that popped in my head with that name. ;)