PDA

View Full Version : Where's your dog's bed?

lv4dogs
08-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Just wondering where everyone keeps their dogs beds?

I used to like them set up all nice & neat like furniture (against walls etc..) but after a couple years I notice they like to lay in the middle of the floor & sometimes see other people with dog beds just laid out where ever. lol

I have 3 dog beds set up all nice & neat, one in a corner & 2 against walls, then I have 2 that I move around, sometimes in front of the couch or end table or at the base of my bed, etc...

lute
08-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Gracie sleeps in her crate. that's her bed. Beanie had a bed in my bedroom until last week when my brother didn't lock Gracie's crate and she ate his bed.:rolleyes:

GoldenLuv
08-04-2005, 03:15 PM
my bed is my dogs bed.. well atleast they think it is

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Blaze sleeps in a crate against the wall where we can see him, lol!:)

beeniesmom
08-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Ok....
There is a crate in the bathroom, between the sinks;
2 doggy beds in the den, opposite eachother;
2 chairs in the living room....
and MY BED! She usually sleeps with us at night there.
THENN there is a crate and a bed at the office, under my desk.
Whew.... I think that's all of them. :)

PJ's Mom
08-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Peej has two beds...one in our room and the other here in the office.

Bailey has one bed in her room. :)

Almita
08-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Muneca's dog bed is....http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/DYalmitaDY/DSC00826.jpg My bed:rolleyes:

Chiquis dog bed is...http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/DYalmitaDY/DSC01046.jpg his favorite pillow :p

lv4dogs
08-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Bailey has one bed in her room. :)

Her own room? Wow she is spoiled! :D ;)

BrittanyLexie
08-04-2005, 03:48 PM
lexie sleeps in her crate... thats her bed too.. she cant be trusted out of it at night. it is right across from my bed (which leads to many sleepless nights)

PJ's Mom
08-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by lv4dogs
Her own room? Wow she is spoiled! :D ;)

:o

No, I meant in the room she stays in which is one of the the kids rooms. :D

Chilli
08-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Frisk doesn't really have a bed. He sleeps on the back of the recliner in the sunroom, usually. Either that or somewhere near me. At night he sleeps in my bed.
Ethan, has a choice of two places. We have an old, thick blanket that is folded up. We set it in the sunroom against the wall, under a hanging plant. He really likes it there. Then, he has his crate in the sunroom between the couch and the shoe-rack against the wall, also. He never goes in there unless he isn't feeling good or we have to leave him by himself. He also sleeps in the same bed as me at night.
Our dogs both are welcome on the furniture, so they usually nap on a couch.

KYS
08-04-2005, 05:12 PM
They can sleep where ever they want. :D

Rocky's crate is next to my bed and Sheba
likes to sleep on the rug next to my bed.
(sheba can no longer get in and out of a crate)

lizbud
08-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Only have one dog bed & it's kept in the bedroom. I got it
for Maggie, but Smokey uses it sometimes too. They both seem
to take turns using it.

sammy101
08-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Kodies bed is my bed,and all the other beds, couches and chairs:o :p
Lucys bed is in my parents room,but she sleeps on the couches,beds,and chairs during the day

BitsyNaceyDog
08-04-2005, 07:51 PM
I have 4 crates lined up in the living room. They are left open during the day and they can go in and out of them as they please. They also have several beds throughout the house. Nacey, Nova, Charlie, and Buster all get locked in their crates at night, or baby gated in the kitchen. This way they don't bother the cats and the cats don't bother them. Bitsy either sleeps in bed with us or in the kitchen at night.

wolfsoul
08-04-2005, 08:21 PM
My catahoula going to sleep in his crate for atleast the first 6 months or so, right beside my bed. Then he will move on to a nice comfy dogy bed right beside my bed, and eventually, when he's older and mature, he can sleep on my bed with me, but I will still keep his bed right beside mine. Plus he will have a bed at work in one of the crates.

Bigyummydog
08-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Ohhhh, you mean, where do we keep our bed?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/bigyummydog/3.jpg

He has always had this blanket. Yeah, yeah, I know it's pink. But he loves it. But, he prefers our bed.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/bigyummydog/100_0720.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/bigyummydog/100_0666.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/bigyummydog/100_0719.jpg

He keeps it in the TV room. And don't ever touch it. He has to have it just so.

gemini9961
08-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Hehe their bed is our bed!!! Sadie has her bed in the laundry room where she stays when we aren't home and Maggie has a little bed but she doesn't use it so it's in the closet. She stays in our room when we are away and sleeps on our bed.

Chica
08-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Chica's bed is my bed every night. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/smiley_034.gif

And during the day when I go to work, Chica stays in the large kitchen area with her crate, 2 fluffy beds, toys, chews, food and water, until I get home. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/blissysmile.gif

Daisy and Delilah
08-04-2005, 10:43 PM
My bed is Daisy and Delilah's bed. They sleep under the covers, next to me, all night. When I leave the house, they sleep on their handmade quilts and afghans on the couch. If I bought them a bed from the store they would look at me like, "Ay chihuahua, who's that for?":)

Terry

GoldenRetrLuver
08-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Their indoor beds are usually in the den, but I rarely ever see them on them. I often find them on the couches, our beds, or just laying on the carpet and wood floors instead. :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-04-2005, 11:18 PM
My dogs have 2 beds (big dog pillows) in the family room, they're supposed to be against the wall but Tango and Winston are always moving them around...lol. They also have their crates which are also considered their beds. Winston's and Tia's are in my mom's room and Tanog's is in my room:)

IRescue452
08-05-2005, 12:08 AM
my bed, the couch, chairs, the floor, basically where they lay down

jesse_3
08-05-2005, 12:26 AM
I want Jesse to sleep in my bed, but, my asthma won't allow it, and neither does my mom. Once in a while, i will forget to lock her up and too be too tired to crawl into my bed;)

Jesse also rips up the house when she is loose alone. She gets bored but doesn't like squeaky toys or fluffy toys, there for, she isn't trusted.

Steph and Jes

RobiLee
08-05-2005, 02:47 AM
Katie and Tori usually sleep in their crates and they are in what use to be the dining room;) When Alden is working nights they usually sleep in my bed. They both start out in bed with me but Katie usually moves to the floor in front of the bedroom door.

elizabethann
08-05-2005, 07:55 AM
Fenway's bed is my bed.

When he was a puppy I bought him a dog bed...he peed on it. I've washed it but he won't use it. However, it sits at the foot of "our" bed, taking up space. I'm trying to get rid of it, but nobody wants it because the pillow is stained. That was a waste of $50.

tricollie4me
08-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Bijou sleeps in her crate at night -- her puppyness prevents her from being reliable in the house on her own at night, but eventually we'd love it if she would sleep on a doggie bed at the top of our stairs where all our bedrooms are :) For now, she does well in her crate which is kept in the kitchen. She's got a very comfy pad and I always toss in a couple of toys for her to play with when she wakes up. The cats have free reign and sometimes she's jealous of that (she'd much prefer to be able to chase them 24/7) but it's all the more reason to keep her crated during the night. During the day, she sleeps everywhere, favorite spots being under the computer desk, right in the middle of the kitchen floor, under the coffee table, and in a small spot between the sofa and the wall. She's definitely a cuddler! She's allowed on the furniture (despite hubby's reluctance ;) ) but she doesn't really sleep there for long -- sometimes 15 minutes or so in the evening when hubby and I are watching tv. I actually like that spot of time quite a bit, she's so pretty snoozing on the loveseat!

cloverfdx
08-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Elvis has his crate in the dining room and Clover has "her" couch in the dining room aswell. There are also the 2 dog beds in my bedroom and various other couches and chairs around the house.

Oh and then there are the human beds :o.

lv4dogs
08-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Ah, I forget the "other" beds. lol Nanook is too old to jump up on furniture so he hardly ever gets up on any. *Sometimes* I lift him up but only if I'm going to be right there & awake as I don't want him to hurt himself when he decides to jump down.

Raustyk on the other hand also has a couch & her bed... er um I mean my bed, or was I right the first time? Sometimes she gets up on the chair too.

manda99
08-05-2005, 11:36 AM
where ever he wants....
spoiled? maybe.

ramanth
08-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Her crate is in the living room, her bed is right next to my bed. :)

http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/kiamisc/at_home/kia_belly_bed.jpg

Suki Wingy
08-05-2005, 01:53 PM
When we are on the couches, he sleeps on whatever is on the floor.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/nino/king_sleeps_S.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/nino/couch_toledo_gd.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/nino/couchtolside_s.jpg
but he has anm old fuzzy brown chair with his blankie over it as his real bed he sleeps in at night
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Ninopup/miscmidapril041.jpg

Jamieejo85
08-05-2005, 02:40 PM
I share my bed with both of them:D Sometimes Chico prefers to sleep downstairs in my moms room but Guapo always sleeps with me

*LabLoverKEB*
08-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Sadie just got a new bed recently... from Costco... it's nice and big, and really comy.:) Her bed is in my room, against my closet, along with her blanky:p , and her toy tin.:D

Vette
08-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Kirbys bed is right beside me. not even an arms length away. i can reach over and pet him anytime i want,, or even harrase him. ;)

but his bed is flush against the wall on top of a old microwav that doesnt work and on top of that i have a computer scanner that i never use anymore since i got my digital camera... then i have a couple little throw rugs on top of the microwav and scanner so that you cant tell what objects are underneath... and finally his bed sets on top of those.

and for his other bed... i have his food and water containers beside the micwave agasint the wall,, and then right next to those is his crate. i can turn around in my computer chair,, reach over and pop his crate open. he then uses his paws to open the crate door from there

i like him to be as close to me as possible while im using the computer. :o

and while im upstairs he sleeps where ever he wants. we have a couple of couches up there and 3 chairs. as long as its not the chair i want.. he has picking of where he wants to sleep. LOL

pitc9
08-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Two are in the bedroom (three if you count MY bed:p )

wolfie
08-06-2005, 08:17 PM
What beautiful sleeping pups you all have! :D

Originally posted by lute
Beanie had a bed in my bedroom until last week when my brother didn't lock Gracie's crate and she ate his bed.:rolleyes:
Oh, poor Beanie!

cali
08-06-2005, 08:34 PM
well we only have have actual dog bed with is in my room next to the shelf, Blair uses it when my mom is away. Happy has her own set up at the foot of my bed, I have organizer cube gris set up at the line of my bed and in front of the area in which I keep the cords to prevent my rabbit from chewing em, in between is a folded sleeping bag, with several pillows and stuffies, Happy loves it :p the rest sleep on our beds. Happy is allowed on my bed but she is big and has long thick hair so she preferes the floor in the summer and only sleeps on my bed in the winter.

cocker_luva
08-07-2005, 01:33 AM
her cushiony bed is in the garage, she usually sleeps at the bottom of the stairs. (always protecting) :rolleyes: :D

tikeyas_mom
08-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Tikeya sleeps in her wicker basket in my room under my window in the winter. but in the summer its too hot in my room. so she sleeps downstairs with my parents..

Baby sleeps on the couch in the living room.. she likes to gaurd the house...

Oscar sleeps behind the dresser in my moms room.. he loves tight small dark space's.. weird lil guy.

Rachel
08-07-2005, 06:50 AM
Tucker has a dog bed right next to the Big Bed. During the warm weather, he actually prefers to sleep on his dog bed. In winter, he is under the blankets in the big bed, and sometimes he is up and down during the night. (Hannah always sleeps on the Big Bed).

There is another dog bed in the family room, which Hannah will use occasionally. It is against the wall next to the couch.

In the kitchen we have a crate up against the wall, next to a window. We call it a bunk bed because I have a thick pad on the top of the crate as well as inside. They can jump on top and that way look out the window. Often one dog will go inside the crate and the other will be on top, or they might both be on either bunk. :D

wolf_Q
08-07-2005, 02:27 PM
There's a big bed for Nebo and a smaller round bed Reggie and Sydney share in the family room. They have beds in the basement in their pen they stay in while we're gone too (Reggie and Sydney). Nebo has a crate in the basement he stays in while I'm gone but I can't put any sort of cushion in it or he just rips it up. :rolleyes: He only does that when left alone. He has another crate in my room with a dog bed in it and also my bed he can sleep on. He usually chooses to sleep on the floor however.

Glacier
08-07-2005, 02:31 PM
There are dog beds everywhere in the house! Sleet's is a big pillow that is right beside my side of the bed. Muskwa's is on the other side of the bed. There are least four more beds in our bedroom that various dogs claim as their own. Franklin likes to sneak up on our bed as much as possible! Pingo's bed is actually the futon! Preacher's is in the coat closet. Paxil's is beside the wood stove. There are three other beds in the living room and two in the porch. Our enclosed porch is Deuce's bedroom. He sleeps in there every night to give Raven a break from him!

The house will never be in Better Homes and Gardens, but it's comfy!

Uabassoon
08-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Payson has three beds! One next to the couch in the living room, one in his crate in the living room, and one next to the bed in the bedroom.