PDA

View Full Version : prayers please - worried about Keegan

shais_mom
08-04-2005, 12:32 PM
I don't normally post things like this b/c there are so many others that have more problems then me and I don't normally get a lot of replies anyway unlike a others except for my close friends -I usually try to look at the views and not replies but I am desperate for prayers and good thoughts..

Keegan has been favoring her right rear leg for almost a week now. Last Friday afternoon we were outside playing and came in and she was fine then she was laying in the bathroom on my rug and I am not sure if when she went to get up her leg slipped or something. But she has been limping and hobbling and putting only toe weight on it all weekend. Then she got better and stopped limping other then her typical limp from her hip dysplasia. Then today she went tearing out of the house to get a tennis ball and now she won't even put the leg down at all.
She doesn't act like she's in pain other then the limping and favoring of the leg. She doesn't whine, cry or growl when I mess with her leg.
I am just hoping to GOD it isn't a rupture or a tendon or anything.

My poor Red baby.
So she goes to the vet Tomorrow around noon before I go to work so prayers please.

Karen
08-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Awww, poor Keegan! Prayers are on the way!

finn's mom
08-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Oh, poor girl. I hope everything is ok! Let us know how the vet visit goes....

lv4dogs
08-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Sending great thoughts to Keegan & you. I hope all goes well. Please keep us informed.

Cataholic
08-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Prayers on the way up for the little red girl! Hoping it isn't anything more than just a little sprain.

shais_mom
08-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Thank YOU EVERYONE!!

a simple thank you pales in comparision to the thoughts and prayers you have sent

wolflady
08-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Poor Keegan! Bless her little heart. Prayers are on the way from me too. She probably aggravated her hip dysplasia when she slipped. I certainly hope she gets better soon! Let us know what the vet says.

**hugs**

Jadapit
08-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Oh, poor Keegan!!! It's so hard when the fur kids get hurt. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted on what the vet has to say.

Cinder & Smoke
08-04-2005, 12:55 PM
*ring*

Hellow, GOD?

Hi God ~

Prayer Pups here (all Three, anna KAT, too) ~

Our Buddie da RedHed - You prolly know her as Keegan -
Miz Staci's Pup ~
Hazza gimpy back leg dat she won't put any weight on ...

Kan You paLeeze Help get her fixed up, paLeeze?

Mom Staci signed her up fur a visit wiffa White Coat tumorrow at Noon -
Kan you hop onna Silver Klowd Express an meet em at da Hoppsbittel?
We'd 'preciate it iffin You kuld sit in an help wiff lookin her ober,
an come up wiffa Plan to get her back ta *runnin* on All Four Pawz.

An pleeze send a {{{GodsHug}}} down fur Staci - she needs it!

Lotta Prayers headed Your way fur Keegan - she gotz a LOTTA Frenz!
We've got da Kandils Lighted, an we'll *yap* at Ya agin at Prayer Tyme.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups anna Purrayer Kat

beeniesmom
08-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Poor baby. I hope it's nothing serious.

ramanth
08-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Poor Keegan. :( Hope it's nothing too serious! *healing vibes sent*

Cinder & Smoke
08-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Hey Staci ~

Have you given her anything for First Aid??

If you don't have anything special on hand -
plain ole Adult Aspirin is a Vet-OK DOG pain reliever ...

One 325 mg tablet every 4-6 hours.
NO Tylenol or any of the "other" human pain relievers.

If she's taking anything else - be a good idea to Call the Vet and
*ask*
if the Aspirin is OK.

{{{HUGS}}}

CagneyDog
08-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Poor Keegan :( I hope it is nothing to serious.

lizbud
08-04-2005, 01:16 PM
That is so scary when something happens suddenly like that.:(
You mind starts racing with all kinds of thoughts. I hope it is not
a rupture or tear of anything. It can happen so fast.:( Strong
prayers & positive thoughts for your sweet girl Keegan. Please
let us know how she's doing when you can.

Ginger's Mom
08-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Hope that it is nothing serious, and that a little aspirin, a little rest, and a little cuddling will make her feel better. Please keep us updated.

popcornbird
08-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Poor Keegan. :( Prayers that she feels better soon!

Cincy'sMom
08-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Lots of prayers and pawsitive thoughts for our favorite red-head!! Feel better soon Keegan!!!

gemini9961
08-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Best wishes for Keegan. She'll be in my thoughts. :)

shais_mom
08-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Hey Staci ~

Have you given her anything for First Aid??

If you don't have anything special on hand -
plain ole Adult Aspirin is a Vet-OK DOG pain reliever ...

One 325 mg tablet every 4-6 hours.
NO Tylenol or any of the "other" human pain relievers.

If she's taking anything else - be a good idea to Call the Vet and
*ask*
if the Aspirin is OK.

{{{HUGS}}}
She is on Rimadyl so aspirin is against the rules! Aspirin causes liver damage faster then Rimadyl. And together is a huge NO NO.
I have one Rimadyl left - and am going to save that for tonite or Tomorrow morning -- she just got one about an hour and half ago so with her resting while I am work - and staying off it hopefully will help relieve the uncomfortablness. :(

Thanks everyone!

K9soul
08-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Oh Staci :( :( :( I teared up just reading this. I know exactly how you feel about asking for prayers, I often think there are already so many prayer requests out there, mine would be just 'one more to the pile.' But this is your baby girl, and I know you are really frightened and upset to see her hurting, I'm so glad you posted and please know that Keegan is in my most heartfelt prayers. You are too. {{hugs}} to both of you. Everything is going to be ok. Please let us know what you find out at the vet's.

Take it easy Keegie girl, rest up now and be good for the doctor tomorrow :).

luvofallhorses
08-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Prayers on the way! (((hugs to you both!)))

GoldenRetrLuver
08-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Aw, poor Keeg! :( It probably did aggravate her hip dysplasia. Hope it's nothing too serious and she's back to her normal self soon!

{{hugs}} We're thinking of you!

LoudLou
08-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey, Keegan! We're sending positive thoughts your way. May you mnake a speedy recovery. We'll keep everything crossed here... Paws, Claws, Fingers and Tails.... Well, LOUD Louie doesn't have a tail so he'll just do the Wigglebutt Dance for ya!;)

Logan
08-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Staci, I know you're worried, but whatever it is, it can be fixed, I'm sure!!!! Keep your chin up and we will remember Keegan in our prayers. She's such a beautiful, happy girl, and I know she isn't going to want to lie around for long!

Logan

robinh
08-04-2005, 03:13 PM
I know how worried you must be. You have lots of prayers coming from us.

All the paws at our house are crossed that this is nothing but a minor strain.

ChrisH
08-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

anna_66
08-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Awwww Keeg, sorry to hear your having such a hard time with your leg:( I just know it's going to be nothing to worry about (even though your mommy is pretty worried right now).
All your buds and friends here are sending healing vibes your way sweetie pie!

Many {{{HUGS}}} to you Staci. Try not to worry (I know, easier said than done hu?).

Love ya girl
Anna

LuckiLab03
08-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Hope you feel better soon Keegan!

joycenalex
08-04-2005, 05:17 PM
aw keegan, poor baby. get better soon

gini
08-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Staci, I sure hope that this is not serious and Keegan will be her old fun self again soon.

I will keep checking back on this thread to see what you learn.
And of course, a prayer has already been said for her.

zippy-kat
08-04-2005, 05:19 PM
{{hugs 'n prayers on the way!}}

4 Dog Mother
08-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Oh, Staci, I am so sorry to hear about Keegan. Prayers are on the way. Keep us updated!

K9karen
08-04-2005, 06:57 PM
I know this is ripping your heart out, Stace. What a feeling of helplessness. Lots of prayers on the way for Mz Keegan, most special and beautiful redhead, that she didn't rupture her ACL. Girls just want to have fun. I hope she's up and about soon.

RobiLee
08-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Staci and Keegan, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sending out lots of good thoughts and you will be in my prayers. Hang in there, Staci. We'll be waiting to hear what the vet says.

{{{BIG HUGS FOR THE BOTH OF YOU}}}

wolfsoul
08-04-2005, 09:18 PM
I hope that the vet can tell you what it is right away. I also hope it's something that can be easily fixed with no worries. :) Keegan is a lovely girl, I'm sure she'll be just fine.

Daisy and Delilah
08-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Thoughts and prayers are coming from Florida!! Keegan, please get well soon!!:D

Love, Daisy and Delilah:)

Oggyflute
08-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Best thoughts and wishes to Keegan.

jazzcat
08-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way for sweet Keegan (and you too Staci).

krazyaboutkatz
08-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Staci, I'm so sorry to hear that Keegan's hip is bothering her again.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

Cinder & Smoke
08-05-2005, 12:27 AM
:(

Mom snuck home from work and didn't give us an evening PupDate :(

Hope Keegan is feeling a lil better ...

Maybe we'll get a "morning PupDate"
before they head off to the White Coat.

Get Well Quick, Keegan!! ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
08-05-2005, 06:19 AM
How's Keegan doing? Always room for one more prayer for my PT family

Albea
08-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Staci, I just read your post. I hope and pray for Keegan Grace to recover from her boo boo soon without any complications. Let us know what the vet said.
Gentle hug to Miss Red Head.

trayi52
08-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Poor Keegan, prayers are on the way for the sweet girl. Please keep us informed.

Willie:(

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Poor girl!! Prayers and positive thoughts that Keegan is 100% better really soon!

(((HUGS)))

ramanth
08-05-2005, 11:49 AM
How's Keegan?

Logan
08-05-2005, 12:00 PM
I know you are probably at the vets office right now, Staci. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of Keegan and hoping it is nothing serious. I may not be able to check in until much later, but please know that I have you guys in my prayers.

Logan

Karen
08-05-2005, 12:12 PM
We'll be glad to get the update, hope it's nothin' that isn't easily fixed.

shais_mom
08-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers and keep them up we aren't out of the woods yet!

She was using it today with toe weight until we got to the vet's then when they called us in the room she got so excited that she took off and slid on lineolum and rolled over to her back. (see a pattern here? this is what she did originally a week ago her paw slid off the rug in the bathroom). They took her and weighed her and good news is she has lost another 2 pounds so she is down 14 pounds total. But by the time she came back she wasn't even putting it down at all. So I got her settled and quieted before Dr. M came in and wouldn't ya know - when he came in she went wild. She hopped over to him and his eyes widened and said "how long" I said 'one day' - oh good. So I explained the whole story to him and told him I had talked with a girl at work whose dog had ruptured his ACL and I told him I was convinced that is what she has done. He looked at me and said "your smart!" (I always surprise them with my research or things I know - working in a hospital has it's benefits!) SOOOOOO
he did the best exam he could on the floor but then the 85 pound girl had to get on the table!!! He lifted her up there. She wasn't thrilled with that at all! I don't think she's been up there since she was LITTLE! He felt a little bit of a slide in her right knee but not a lot. Compared to the left - it did slip a bit but wasn't able to be dislocated and didn't make the clicking sound of it sliding over the meniscus. So he isn't completely convinced that it IS a ruptured ACL.. So he injected her with some meds and gave me Rimadyl tablets instead of the chewables to start tomorrow. I need to keep her on leash for a few days and to see if she improves. If she worsens by Monday we need to go back and have her sedated for manipulation and xrays. She also has scabs on her tail and rump due to digging at herself b/c I found fleas last week. ( Ohhhh yea I didn't mention that did I :eek: ) So the injection he gave her will help with the inflammation of that and the leg. She has also been digging around her anal glands so he expressed those too!!! She had it from both ends!!!
:eek:
She's pretty tired so she is resting right now.
Tomorrow (hafta work in a half hour) allllllllllllllllll her tennis balls have to be put away!!! ooiiii
I am so relieved they do the surgery there if needed and she won't have to go to OSU! He said they do several a week!
So he is taking a slower approach then I anticipated. B/c I had convinced myself its a tear that I expected to have to take her to Columbus on Monday!

gini
08-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Me thinks Mom and Keegan are a bit weary after that visit?

And Mom had to go into work! Yikes!

Keeping fingers and all the paws over here crossed that you will see improvement and no surgery will be necessary.

Hugs..................

zippy-kat
08-05-2005, 04:10 PM
OH Keegie... what have you gotten yourself into? I guess it doesn't much matter now, just concentrate on feelin' better! Here's hoping everything rights itself by Monday!

Logan
08-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Staci, I hope that rest and the meds will help her and that surgery won't be necessary. But if it is, you know she will still be ok!! Your vet sounds wonderful and that means a lot!

Will be thinking about you both this weekend, although I won't be here to check in.

Logan

Bigyummydog
08-05-2005, 06:02 PM
XOXOXOXOXO!!!

sabies
08-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Keegan slow down, limit your activity til you're better! Lots of good thoughts heading your way!

RobiLee
08-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Get lots of rest, Keegan!! Lots hope this works. I'll be thinking about you.

lizbud
08-05-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm so glad to hear the good news that it wasn't a rupture.
Hope with a few days without straining the leg, she will start
to feel much better. Hugs to Keegan on losing 2 more lbs. :D

Daisy and Delilah
08-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are still with you ladies:D

Love, Terry, Daisy and Delilah:)

cyber-sibes
08-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Sounds like you have a great vet, and they're do everything possible to keep Keegan comfortable & on the mend! Poor girl, it's so hard to HOLD STILL - especially when there's just so much to get excited over! (like Mom, the vet, the tennis balll, the sound in the other room...;) ) Hugs & prayers on their way from Star and Sherman (who hope to see Keegan over Labor Day in Findlay, if she's up to it, yes?)

Cinder & Smoke
08-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom

... I need to keep her on leash for a few days ...

... allllllllllllllllll her tennis balls have to be put away!!!

:(

Anybody 'splain this plan to Keegan??

Glad it's not a major crisis ...
hopefully she'll go along with the "Take it Eeeeezy"
program long enough to heal up.

{{{Hugs}}}

shais_mom
08-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by cyber-sibes
Sounds like you have a great vet, and they're do everything possible to keep Keegan comfortable & on the mend! Poor girl, it's so hard to HOLD STILL - especially when there's just so much to get excited over! (like Mom, the vet, the tennis balll, the sound in the other room...;) ) Hugs & prayers on their way from Star and Sherman (who hope to see Keegan over Labor Day in Findlay, if she's up to it, yes?)

barring her still limping or having surgery - yes we will be there!

K9karen
08-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Here's praying that Keegan will feel and do better with the Rimydal and shot. Poor baby sure went through a lot! Your vet sounds fabulous! What a comfort that can be! Cody had ACL surgery and I think I was more freaked out then he was! Except for keeping him confined, it really wasn't that bad. He seemed to sense his limitations and was an excellent patient. He even let me put a plastic bag over his cast so he didn't pee on it. It seemed like the process took forever but he recovered very nicely. He was a bit put out by the 2nd surgery but made it through that too. Needless to say, he couldn't wait for his tennis balls either! I ate, slept and spent all my time in the family eoom where he was gated. He had a lot of company so was never alone. He had his pack with him. Hope that Monday brings good results and that her "chillin'" weekend makes her feel better! The other satisfying part is that he lost 25 pounds away from the kitchen!

anna_66
08-06-2005, 07:40 AM
I sure hope this "complete rest and no balls" will do the trick for you little red girl:)
I'm sure she's not going to be so understanding of the ball thing though:eek: :p

Cincy'sMom
08-06-2005, 08:00 AM
Paws and fingers crossed a little R&R will heal Keegan right up!!

pitc9
08-06-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm so sorry I just saw this thread now!!
No Tennis Balls? Wow!! Those orders will be hard to follow huh?:D But if it means she'll get better sooner (paws crossed) then you gotta do what ya gotta do Keegan!!
I hope everything works out, and she's back to her tennis ball lovin' self in no time!! :D

My kids wouldn't have a problem leaving tennis balls alone.

Sierra says: "Tennis balls... oh those round green things mom always throws then expects ME to run after them? I though you were just supposed to tear off all the fuzzy stuff on the outside of them! Well Keegan, if it means you'll get better sooner, then I guess you better not play with them! Get Better Soon!!!"

Buddy Says: "Yeah, I don't get it either!! Mom throws them then just leaves them out in the yard because we don't go chasing after them!! No matter, I'm a little scared of those things anyway! :o Rest up and take it easy for awhile!"

Cinder & Smoke
08-06-2005, 06:04 PM
So ... How's the RedHed doin today??

Has she adjusted to Life on the End of a String, yet?

Do the Kitties know they can outrun her at the mement?

Hang On, Keegan ~ you'll be up to speed pretty soon!

;)

RobiLee
08-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Just checking in on Keegan. How is the "no ball" thing going? Hugs for you, Keegan

popcornbird
08-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Still thinking of Keegan! Hope she feels better soon!!

luvofallhorses
08-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Get well soon Keegan ((hugs))

shais_mom
08-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks everyone!!!
Keeg's doing ok with the no balls rule but its the "tomorrow mom is going to pa pa 's house without me" rule she will NOT LIKE!!
We are having a family get together and b/c my nephews like to try to get her to chase them and don't listen for &*(^ pa pa and I decided it would be best for her to stay home and rest!
Ehhh Kylie doesn't really try to out run her - she's sitting her pawing at ME right now.
Kloe on the other hand seems to think that when Keegan let's the leg dangle that means its a play toy and has tried to attack it at least twice!!!! :( :mad:
makes ya wonder if animals know things......
So she has gotten yelled at twice (both times I was aaahhhh busy in the bathroom! :o)
She is still not putting a lot of weight on it. This morning when we got up she barely limped - then all the sudden it was like 'oh yea' and then started in again.
But hey - Phred - at least she's consistent with the injured one tho!! ;)

Cinder & Smoke
08-07-2005, 01:28 AM

... This morning when we got up she barely limped -
then all the sudden it was like 'oh yea' and then started in again.

But hey - Phred -
at least she's consistent with the injured one tho!! ;)

:D
It's still "early" - who knows, maybe it really DOES hurt!? :(

But keep watchin ...
the day she "limps" on the WRONG leg is a Good Sign! ;)

Ginger's Mom
08-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Ah Keegan, it is ashame that you won't be able to go visiting. But you stay home and enjoy the air conditioning, and maybe Mom will bring you home something special. Hope you are feeling better soon, sweetie.

lbaker
08-07-2005, 07:08 AM
Oh Keegan, those great big loving eyes will make sure you have the extra love, attention and chewy treats you deserve. Milk this for all it's worth sweetie.. you've earned it!

shais_mom
08-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Keegan and the kitties just got a little treat since I will be leaving for this afternoon.
Cat and Dog wet food in Filet Mignon! :p

finn's mom
08-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Glad things are looking up for Keegan. :)

shais_mom
08-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Thanks! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
08-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Still thinking of your girl!

wolf_Q
08-07-2005, 02:10 PM
So sorry to hear about Keegan. :( Poor girl, I hope she will be feeling better and chasing after tennis balls again soon!

NoahsMommy
08-08-2005, 03:38 AM
My poor niece!!!

I hope that time heals that ouchy, sweet girl.

Here's to a tennis ball filled future.

joycenalex
08-08-2005, 06:45 AM
so? how did the take it easy, no ball sunday go?

lv4dogs
08-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Glad to hear that it doesn't seem to be anything too serious at the moment. I hope the meds work & thats the end of it.

ramanth
08-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Ouchie Keegan! I hope what the doc gave you helps you heal up fast so you don't have to see anymore whitecoats. :)

ChrisH
08-08-2005, 09:14 AM
How's your beautiful Keegan girl today? I so hope she is doing much better.
Keeping her in my prayers.

Chris

shais_mom
08-08-2005, 10:46 AM
She's doing pretty good. She is still favoring it some. Last nite when I got home to let her out she didn't even limp but then it must catch or something and then she starts to favor it. Everyone missed her at my parent's house of course. But it was for the best she stay at home and rest. We are just taking one day at a time!

Cinder & Smoke
08-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Are the KATS complaining that they've become substitutes for
Keegan's *missing* Tennie Balls??

shais_mom
08-08-2005, 11:08 AM
nope
b/c Kloe and Keegan usually wrestle anyway! :)

ParNone
08-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Positive thoughts headed out to Keegan!

Murph had an intermittent limp, that ended up healing, when he had to be crated for 6 weeks, to recover from knee surgery on the other leg. So hopefully with rest Keegan will heal up too.

Par...

jesse_3
08-08-2005, 02:12 PM
I am glad to hear that Kegg is doing better. I was praying for her before, but I didn't post.

Keep healing quickly girl!-YOur mommy is gett ing restless, wants to throw you your balls over and over again!;)

Steph and Jes

Jamieejo85
08-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Keegan I hope you are feeling better soon..you will be in my thoughts:D

Cinder & Smoke
08-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Hey Keegan ~

Ask your Mom how you're feelin!

Hope it's "Better"!!

;)

grybai
08-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Just noticed this thread but I'm glad to see that Keegan's doing better. Hope she's back to 100% soon!

shais_mom
08-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Thanks Alexa! :D

Keegan is the same - I just things are going to heal slowly.
I am going to call the vet tomorrow to give an update and go from there.

She's gettin a bit antsy - tennis balls that I thought I put away are showing up in odd places.
She must have Kloe on a search it out mission!!!

Cinder & Smoke
08-11-2005, 08:23 AM

- tennis balls that I thought I put away
are showing up in odd places.

She must have Kloe on a search it out mission!!!

:cool:

"Teamwork"!

We loose the 'in the house' *squishy* ball every so often ...
NUNbuddie can find it ...
Then a week later Cinder shows up with it in her mouth
beggin for a *toss*!
:confused: Now where WAS that??

Maybe a new rawhide, NylaBone, or some other *chewie* would
help to ease the "take it easy" doldrums.

shais_mom
08-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Talked with the vet this afternoon and we decided to keep her on the Rimadyl for another week and let her do the 'bed rest' for another week and then go from there to see how she is.
he said time is on our side as long as she isn't worse.

Thanks for the continued thoughts and well wishes.

shais_mom
08-12-2005, 12:25 AM
I don't normally post things like this b/c there are so many others that have more problems then me and I don't normally get a lot of replies anyway unlike a others except for my close friends -I usually try to look at the views and not replies but I am desperate for prayers and good thoughts..

I just want you to know that my heart just skipped several beats when I looked at the views just now - well over 1000.
I am sorry to say that sometimes I (and others) get discouraged when our threads (happier ones) might not get many replies. It just ingrains in me that I need need need to not look at replies and look at views. Its the views that show you people care - not the replies.

**hugs to all**

NoahsMommy
08-12-2005, 12:48 AM
Stace, even my mom has been asking about our sweet Keegan....you and she are very well cared for. (and my gorgeous kitty nieces!)

How's she doing today? Glad the Rimadyl seems to be helping. :)

RobiLee
08-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Just checking in to see how Keegan is doing. Glad to hear the doctor is taking it slow and seeing if she can heal up on her own. I know how hard it is, Sweet Keegan, but you have to be a good girl and take it easy. Lots of laying around for you, sweetie.

Lots of us care about you and your girls, Staci! :D

Rachel
08-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Staci...so sorry that I didn't post. I really know better, but sometimes it seems others have already said what I would say and a *me too* doesn't seem adequate. But I have been one of the *viewers*.

Love to Keegan who is in our thoughts.

gini
08-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Me too..............I posted, but I have been checking on all of the updates but not replying again.

I sure hope she is better by Labor Day weekend and can go to the party!

xxoo

shais_mom
08-12-2005, 09:05 AM
thank you everyone!!
{{hugs}}

Pam
08-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Staci somehow I missed this thread until yesterday and by then it was so long that I didn't have time to read it all and didn't want to post until I did. I just sat down and read everything. It looks like I picked up on this thread just in time because she appears to be doing better. I hope that the rest and time away from her beloved balls, and the Rimadyl, will do the trick. I know seeing her inactive is probably depressing to you and it is probably killing her. I'll keep checking in for progress reports. (((hugs)))

lv4dogs
08-12-2005, 09:16 AM
I just want you to know that my heart just skipped several beats when I looked at the views just now - well over 1000.
I am sorry to say that sometimes I (and others) get discouraged when our threads (happier ones) might not get many replies. It just ingrains in me that I need need need to not look at replies and look at views. Its the views that show you people care - not the replies.

**hugs to all**

You hit that nail on the head!

Dixieland Dancer
08-12-2005, 03:26 PM
OH MY.... Our beautiful Red Dawg hasn't been feeling well and I entirely missed this thread until now. :eek: My prayers are being offered for a speedy and full recovery for Keegan. You know I am a fan of hers!

I miss so many threads because of the volume that get generated everyday and my lack of time to spend online. I remember when browsing Pet Talk was much simplier. Perhaps someday it will be again.

Staci... please give Keegan Grace a big kiss on her precious hairy lips for me! Keep us updated. I'll be specifically watching for this thread now.

K9karen
08-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Hope time passes quickly and Keegan heals quickly! I think it's called "Tennis Ball Radar"!

shais_mom
08-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Keegan's limp is MUCH MUCH less noticable. Still giving her the Rimadyl. She wants to play with her tennis balls but mean momma keeps ignoring her!
:p
thanks everyone

JenWhite
08-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Keegan I have said a prayer for your comfort and speedy recovery. Sending hugs and ear rubs!

Jen

Cincy'sMom
08-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Glad Keegan is limping less! Hpe thismeans she is on the mend and will be chasing those tennis balls on Labor Day!!

Albea
08-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Miss Keegan, I'm so glad to read you're doing better.:) A bit more patience and you'll be as good as new, the tennis balls will still be there waiting for you. Big hug to you.

Karen
08-16-2005, 10:32 AM
Keegan's limp is MUCH MUCH less noticable. Still giving her the Rimadyl. She wants to play with her tennis balls but mean momma keeps ignoring her!

Doesn't that make you feel awful? Really, Keegan, Momma DOES love you, that's WHY she's ignoring you! Honest!

(As long as she doesn't learn the "stairs trick" - If you drop the ball at the top of a flight of stairs, it bounces all the way down and then you can chase it! Yes, and it does sound like a thundering herd of wildebeast when the dog in question isn;t terribly graceful ...)

shais_mom
08-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Karen
Doesn't that make you feel awful? Really, Keegan, Momma DOES love you, that's WHY she's ignoring you! Honest!

(As long as she doesn't learn the "stairs trick" - If you drop the ball at the top of a flight of stairs, it bounces all the way down and then you can chase it! Yes, and it does sound like a thundering herd of wildebeast when the dog in question isn;t terribly graceful ...)

that's remedied easy enough!!
we don't have stairs!!
and she doesn't go up them at my parent's house unless I go up them! :)

shais_mom
09-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Keegan is still a bit gimpy and on Rymadyl.
I have made an appt with another vet on Tuesday morning for an accupuncture treatment. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

dukedogsmom
09-02-2005, 12:36 PM
If you don't have as much success with Rimadyl, you might try Metacam. I found out from Glacier about it and it really works great. There's also some joint tablets called Cosequin that Duke takes every day. I don't think we have accupuncture for dogs around here. Good luck on that. Hope Keegan is feeling better soon!

anna_66
09-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Awww Stac, I'm sorry to hear your girl isn't feeling that much better. Please let us know how the treatment goes.
XOXOXO

My Peanuts
09-02-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry Keegan is having troubles. All fingers and paws crossed that the new vet helps.

Glacier
09-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
If you don't have as much success with Rimadyl, you might try Metacam. I found out from Glacier about it and it really works great.

Goldie takes meloxicam, which is the human form of Metacam, every day. She will for the rest of her life. She has a hip problems for an injury suffered in her life before she found me. The injury was never treated and healed wrong so she was in constant pain. She's a different dog now--happy, playful, much more friendly to both humans and other dogs. Meloxicam is cheaper than Metacam if you need to give it to the dog long term. Metacam is a liquid so it's easier to get into them sometime. I have a bottle of Metacam at home too. I use it for acute injuries or when Sleet seems a little stiffer than usual. If they are on either one long-term, liver function needs to be checked every few months.

I hope Keegan gets relief soon and is back to normal!

petslover
09-02-2005, 02:26 PM
I really hope Keegan gets to feeling better too.

Dixieland Dancer
09-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Staci, this is not good news. I hope the new vet can determine what is going on. Please give Keegan a hug for me.

shais_mom
09-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Thanks Glacier and Val -
I will mention it to the vet.

K9karen
09-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Geez, Stace, I'm sorry to read that Keegan is still having problems. Like Val, I used to give Cody "Cosequin" every night when he wasn't on Rimydal. Or a buffered aspirin. I really really feel your distress, having had the same problem with Cody (as well as the tennis ball scenario). I always wished we had an acupunturist around here as well as a therapy pool, as the vet said it'd help alot. Please give our gorgeous redhead big kisses for me.

shais_mom
09-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Keegan's visit with the holistic vet went great. She got a chiropractic treatment along with the gun- accupressure thing. We didn't do the needles b/c she has to lay still for a half hour and those who know Keegan know that won't happen!!!
I am so excited to see how this all works for her. She did a bit of Healing Touch on her as well which I find fabulous b/c I myself have had this done a couple of times and it is great. They can pick up things that normally wouldn't be picked up on. She sensed a bit of kidney problems but she hasn't shown signs of that yet but it is something to keep an eye on. We go back on Monday and she plans on giving her a detoxifier at some point saying those will help her with the problems she has had with her young age.
I think I am going to make an appt for Kylie asap also.

shais_mom
09-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Keegan's visit with the holistic vet went great. She got a chiropractic treatment along with the gun- accupressure thing. We didn't do the needles b/c she has to lay still for a half hour and those who know Keegan know that won't happen!!!
I am so excited to see how this all works for her. She did a bit of Healing Touch on her as well which I find fabulous b/c I myself have had this done a couple of times and it is great. They can pick up things that normally wouldn't be picked up on. She sensed a bit of kidney problems but she hasn't shown signs of that yet. We go back on Monday and she plans on giving her a detoxifier at some point saying those will help her with the problems she has had with her young age.
I think I am going to make an appt for Kylie asap also.

I think this is what I was looking for....

http://www.quantumtouch.com/

Cinder & Smoke
09-06-2005, 11:35 AM

We didn't do the needles b/c she has to lay still for a half hour,

and those who know Keegan know that won't happen!!!

A WHOLE, continuous, Half Hour of layin STILL? :p

Then again, I know Three Other Mutts that would find that
a serious challenge, too!

Hope Miz Keegan starts to see / feel some improvements soon!