PDA

View Full Version : Batman's first trip to the vet

G.P.girl
08-04-2005, 12:12 PM
So we took Batman to the vet, you know, just to get him checked up and get to know his new vet. he was really good, he wasnt scared or anything, the only thing was that he got really freaked out when they tried to take his temperature ( so would i ! :p) we'd noticed a lump on the base of his tail and that he was scratching his ears alot and that his eyes were a little cloudy so we asked the vet about it and he said that he was a little bit of cateracts (sp?) and that it could just be how his eyes have always been or it could be developing really fast, so we should watch that. ( he said that surgery would be about $800 per eye! :eek: )he also said that he had an ear infection so we're giving him antibiotics drops now and he has a cyst on his tail but they arent gonna remove it unless it gets bigger, because they are hard to remove from the base of the tail. also he said that batman wasnt 6 years old, he's actually 3 or 4 and the shelter thought he was 6 because his canine teeth are worn alot from chewing, but the rest of his teeth are fine. so i was pretty happy about that. i mean, i didnt have a problem with how old they said he was, but its always nice to kno wyou have a few more years to play with him :). he also had his first obedience class yesterday :D

finn's mom
08-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Yay, for Batman being so young! That's crappy that he already has cataracts. :( But, he seems like such a sweet dog, I think the name is cute.