PDA

View Full Version : Roger is a laugh a minute

Logan
02-27-2002, 10:26 AM
Hehehe!!!! You know that whistle that men do when good looking women walk by??? I obviously can't spell it, but you know the sound, I'm sure. Two syllables.....

Well, Helen isn't a very good whistler yet, so that's about all she ever does with Roger. He has mastered it, and it is nicely blending into the background when I am on the telephone with customers now! LOL!! I'm sure they are wondering what in the world we are teaching our bird!!! :o

Roger is such a treat.....wish I could record his singing for you all to hear. He's all over the place now with his range, and he talks to everyone (pets, I mean), sings to the classical music I have put on for him, and whistles up a storm!!! :D :D :D I love this bird!!!! :)

wolflady
02-27-2002, 10:57 AM
Wolf Whistle!!! LOL LOL Roger sounds like a lot of fun! Do you have some pics yet??:D :D

Gio
02-27-2002, 10:57 AM
I'm sure they are wondering what in the world we are teaching our bird!!!

LOL, luckily they know it's a bird :D :D :D

Roger sounds like a true character, I never had the chance to tell you before that he is sooo cute. Makes me want to go out and get one! I was wondering, how do the other pets reacts when he "talks" to them?

Logan
02-27-2002, 11:11 AM
Thanks, Gio, for the compliments on Roger! We think he is adorable. Honey and Butter are especially interested in Roger. Mimi has yet to show any interest in him, and Lilly just looks carefully. He "hissed" at her the other night, when she was nosing up to him!! LOL!!

Karen, here's a picture since you missed them when I posted before. They're way down the list now.

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/34799/curr/6696964_20020217_113931_20020217113931.jpg

wolflady
02-27-2002, 11:29 AM
What a pretty bird!!! Looks like he wants to put his "two cents" in on that phone call!! LOL LOL

zippy-kat
02-27-2002, 01:24 PM
LOL

You should teach Roger to say something for your answering machine...LOL (Knew a 'bird lady' who did that with her parrots once! LOL)

Kfamr
02-27-2002, 03:47 PM
lol!! You could teach him to sing Nelly :D ..."if you wana go take a ride wit me..." heheheh

Bunnicula05
02-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww...so adorable! I wish I had a talking bird, but I've never had a bird, I'm more of a dog/cat/small rodent animal type person.

Heather Wallace
02-27-2002, 05:34 PM
Logan

Have you had any embarressing moments when someone has called you or vice versa for the first time and your bird wolf whistles? Do you have to explain things?

Logan
02-27-2002, 06:57 PM
Roger is still quite young and hasn't yet learned to "speak", but he definitely uses his voice quite well. In fact, he's whistling for me right now and chirping. I just sit here and laugh at him all the time!!

As for embarassing moments, there have been some, working at home, but really none because of Roger, although I usually explain very quickly to customers and co-workers, what is happening in the background. And I have started playing classical music softly on the stereo or digital piano, and it settles him down a lot. The embarassing moments have come when Lilly decides she just has to get outside to check something out, and starts barking loudly. Or Butter and Mimi have on occasion gotten into a "hissing" match in the kitchen which is the next room over from my office.

Its really not so bad though, and we love them all so much, and my customers just want their loan, so they don't care what kind of background noises I have! :D

purrley
02-28-2002, 06:48 AM
Logan - Roger sounds like a laugh a minute. He's certainly a pretty little guy - my how they enhance your life don't they;)

gini
02-28-2002, 09:44 AM
I am sitting here laughing, because I can envision a client on the telephone asking if their loan has been approved and you could get Roger to say:

ROGER!!!