PDA

View Full Version : Why am I shocked?

RICHARD
08-04-2005, 12:26 AM
I was watching the coverage on the Canadian plane crash and my
faith in humanity was put back into perspective.

As I watched the pictures of the crash I saw the pictures from OUTSIDE the plane..

Then I was treated to the pics from inside the plane, taken from some MORON'S cell phone.

I am ready to die and some halfwit is taking photos on his phone.

----------------------------------------------

If the plane I am rding in crashes.....

There was one serious injury in today's plane crash.

A man wa treated for a broken nose, ribs, both arms and had to have his cell phone surgically removed, from his intestinal tract.
Authoritites are still trying to determine the reason for his injuries...

CAN YOU HEAR Me NOW????
:mad:

elizabethann
08-04-2005, 07:44 AM
OMG. I saw that on t.v. last night and was shocked! I also saw people with their carry-on luggage. Sorry, but if I was in a plane crash, my cell phone AND my carry-on luggage would be the last thing on my mind.

:eek:

Pawsitive Thinking
08-04-2005, 08:56 AM
happened in the London bombings too..................videos from phones..........my first reaction would be RUN!

lizbud
08-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Cut the guy some slack folks, he probably was a PTer at heart.
You ALWAYS get pictures.:D

wolflady
08-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by lizbud
Cut the guy some slack folks, he probably was a PTer at heart.
You ALWAYS get pictures.:D
LOL LOL :p

That is crazy though! If I was ever in any kind of scary situation...I'd be outta there faster than you could say Quidditch!!

Corinna
08-04-2005, 11:04 AM
People all act differntly in stressful situations. I know when they were making the campers move out of the park during the 2003 fires, they were about 20 mintues from the flames. The idiots were stopping to shop at our store. (we were not evacuated becouse the wind was going the other way.)I wanted to go home and not be there.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-04-2005, 11:43 AM
I have to admit that I would probably be taking pictures and filming video - on my way out! My thinking would be that maybe something I was taking pictures of might help in the investigation, not for any morbid or weird reasons. I'm also the type of person that would try and help others get out first before I left and I would more than likely grab my laptop to try and take it with me. Yes I do backup on a regular basis, but I would be lost without my computer! However, the emphasis there is on "try" to grab my laptop. If it was life and death within seconds - get me otta there! ;)

catland
08-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Many years ago, when I lived in a low-rent apartment building, there was a warning to evacuate due to fire. It does wierd things to you if you aren't prepared - there's an instinct to grab something, anything, to preserve it.

Turns out it was a minor fire contained in the one apartment, no threat to anyone. But I do remember laughing afterwards about the stupid item that I "saved". I don't even remember anymore what it was.

carole
08-08-2005, 06:10 PM
It sure would be the last thing on my mind, besides I am hopeless with technology , so it would take me too long to get the thing working, but still sometimes it is good someone does take the time to take pics, so that we the public can see them later, like with the london bombings and 9/11, just my view.

Don Juan's mom
08-09-2005, 01:44 PM
One of those great National Geographic Channel air disaster shows included photos taken inside the plane by a passenger, who expected that she would die and wanted to leave documentation of what happened. As it happened, she survived, and the photos aided the NTSB in determining what had happened.

Liz

Scooby4
08-09-2005, 04:05 PM
I can see how some people would think that taking pictures during a horrific event is outrageous. However, I also believe it could be pretty brave of the person. Such details do help investigators in the aftermath. The suspect could be in one of them!
I am to wonder if the person had died that had taken the pics inside the plane, would the view be different? It seems if a person survives and takes pictures they are criticized for "selling" them to the media. If the person dies and has the same pics, they are "Reveired" as a brave and victim of tragedy. Is there a difference in watching a "dead man's" photos?
I am surprised no one brought up the 911 video that was taken INSIDE the building. The french videographers were on site and was there when the Priest/fireman was killed. There was NO evidence to be found in the video but it did provide the public what the situation was inside. The video was censored due to the jumpers.
However, next time these people take pics with their phones... Why can't they capture a UFO? :rolleyes:

RICHARD
08-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Scooby4

I am surprised no one brought up the 911 video that was taken INSIDE the building. The french videographers were on site and was there when the Priest/fireman was killed. There was NO evidence to be found in the video but it did provide the public what the situation was inside. The video was censored due to the jumpers.

Funny you should mention that.....I have that program on tape and I watched it last week.

The Gaudet brothers were filiming a documentary on rookie fireman in New York.

I do remember hearing one of the brothers saying he saw an elevator car that opened on the ground floor, it had burned bodies in it and he didn't film them...

The only time the jumpers were even acknowledged waswhen the sound of their bodies were hitting the roof above the lobby where the command center the FD chiefs had set up.

moosmom
08-10-2005, 08:31 AM
My life suddenly flashing before me is the last thing I'd see before crashing.

What an idiot. Maybe he was thinking if he took pictures some rag mag would buy it and he'd make lots of money.

Some people!!! :mad:

Karen
08-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
My life suddenly flashing before me is the last thing I'd see before crashing.

What an idiot. Maybe he was thinking if he took pictures some rag mag would buy it and he'd make lots of money.

Some people!!! :mad:

I don't think we can assume his/her motivation. Some of us just take pictures whever something strange or amazing appears or happens to us. Why wouldn't you take pictures if you could, just to document for yourself what happened, and that you were there and survived it?