PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Meeshe

AvaJoy
08-03-2005, 10:33 PM
In tribute to my recently departed son (Sunshine Boy was one of his nicknames) Meeshe, I wanted to share some of his delightful personality traits. We rescued him from the streets at about 6 months of age and he tested FeLV+ which did not discourage me in the least from giving him a chance at enjoying a wholesome life. I had him neutered and he remained healthy despite being FeLV+ for the 5 years we had the pleasure of knowing and loving him.

His other nicknames besides Sunshine Boy were: Meeshter McGoo (because of the odd way his hind legs moved when he walked and his big ears compared to his head before he filled out and grew to adulthood), and Blonde (El Rubio) because of his ginger coloring.

I talked to him using what little I remember of Spanish and I'm not sure why . . . I don't use any spanish when interracting with my other cats. Ven aqui (come here) and Es muy largo, muy bueno, es muy bonito gatito (you are very big, very good and you are a very handsome kitty). I also would say Es muy muscular as he was my Warrior.

When he was on my lap being petted or brushed, he responded with head bumpies/hand licks and he loved for me to pick him up by the neck scruff and flip him over on his back between my knees. I would then firmly massage his neck and down his spine/back to which he would react by arching and tilting his head backwards over my kneecaps. I would alternate massage with tender tummy rubs and kisses, and since his head was back I also would take the opportunity to check his teeth & gums and he never minded . . . he was so relaxed.

He would periodically bestow gifts upon us, such as voles, rabbit limbs and birds to demonstrate gratitude for providing him with a home and our love. I always made a big fuss and thanked him profusely!

He would join me on the weekends when I put out the hammock and he seemed to like the rocking motion and laying with me. He liked to supervise the yard work and was always milling around when my husband would be doing a project . . . except if the tractor was involved, which frightened him.

I remember how he used to jump up on the door if I was late feeding and it was so sweet to see his face peeking in as he held himself up with his front paws, looking thru the glass for me . . . and of course, his dinner!

These are just a few of the memories I have of you, my son, and I wish you peace and contentment at the Rainbow Bridge. We are so grateful for being able to share in your life, and hope you did not suffer too greatly near the end.

God Bless You, Meeshe. We love you so much. Siempre te quiero, siempre te amo. (Always I want you; always I love you).
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jemdoll/meeshe1.JPG

Barbara
08-04-2005, 03:05 AM
Meeshe I am so sorry I didn't meet you until your last days. It sounds as if you were such a special lover boy and I know your mom will miss you very much while you are waiting for her at Rainbow Bridge - at the puente arcobaleno;)

jenluckenbach
08-04-2005, 05:06 AM
It is these types of memories that will ease the pain of loss.

What a lovely soul you had, Meeshe. You will be greatly missed.

furrykidsmother
08-05-2005, 08:49 AM
What wonderful memories you have of your sweet boy. RIP Meeshe and be happy and healthy at the RB.

krazyaboutkatz
08-05-2005, 11:50 PM
This is such a wonderful tribute. Meeshe knew he was loved and he had a wonderful life with you.:) RIP sweet Meeshe.

RedHedd
08-06-2005, 11:06 AM
What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful orangie. Play hard at the bridge, sweet Meeshe.

skneisel74
08-06-2005, 11:52 AM
" I REMEMBER"

( IN MEMOERY OF BELOVED PETS THAT ARE GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)

I stood on your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I purred to you softly as you brushed away a tear.
" It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour your coffee.
You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take the parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled with your keys.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me."

You look so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so very hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there quitely, then smiled, I think you knew.....
in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over....I smile and watch you yawning
and say "Good-night, God bless, & I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief devide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see,
Be patient, live your journey out... then come home to be with me.

-author unknown

kb2yjx
08-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Thank you so much for posting "I remember." I had a copy of that poem but have lost it!! It is a favourite of mine!! To Meeshe's mom, he will always be with you!!! My wonderful baby boy, Spunky(14.5yrs RIP 9/15/04), proved that He was with me this morning. I was vaccuming and found his very FIRST mouse!!! I had not seem that mouse since last August!! I picked up the mouse and said " you REALLY are with me," and started to cry. I put the mouse in Spunky's urn with his ashes. These creatures are so special and are still looking out for us even from the Rainbow Bridge!!!! TAke Care, Sandra

catmandu
08-06-2005, 04:09 PM
MEESHE,IS STILL VERY MUCH,WITH YOU,IN SPIRIT,AND WILL ALWAYS BE,WITH YOU,UNTILL THAT FATEFUL DAY,WHEN YOU MEET AGAIN.
YOU WILL SEE MEESHE,AND YOU,WILL HUG,AND HE WILL SAY MUCHO GRACIAS,FOR TAKING,A LITTLE STARRY CAT,AND MAKING HIM,INTO YOUR AMIGO.
AND WHEN YOU ASK,IF HETILL LOVES YOU,MEESHE,WILL SMILE,AND SAY,CON MUCHO GUSTO,MI MADRE,CON MUCHO AMORE.
AND YOU,WILL BE TOGETHER,FOREVER.

AvaJoy
08-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Oh my gosh . . . I am typing through the tears. It is my birthday (I took off from work as I always do every year) so I need to cheer up. All of your thoughtful posts have warmed my heart and my tears are not so much from sadness, but more from reading your kind, heartfelt words . . . thank you all so much, and for sharing the poem . . . so beautiful, as are the memories of my beloved Meeshe. One year on my birthday I came home from work to find a mouse on the doormat, as if he made sure to offer a gift on that day, especially for me. He lives on within my heart. Blessings to you all.

kb2yjx
08-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Despite feeling sad, I hope you did have a good birthday. That is what your boy would have wanted you to do. It is hard to imagine going on without those little creatures of God, but we do. There is a little poem called " I will lend you a kitten." Will look it up and post it. The message is so true!! We are chosen to live our lives with these special cats(and dogs, too!), but their time with us is limited. Will get the poem to post. Sandra/Raven's Mother

kb2yjx
08-08-2005, 07:42 PM
I will lend you for a while a kitten, God said.
For you to love while he lives, and mourn when he's dead.
Maybe for 12 or 14 years, or maybe 2 or 3.
But will you, 'til I call him back, take care of him for me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you, and should
his stay be brief,
You'll always have his memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught below,
I want this kitten to learn.

I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true.
And from the folk that crowd life's land
I have chosen you.
Now will you give him all your love, nor think the labor vain?
Nor hate me when I come to take my kitten home again?

I fancies that I heard them say
'Dear Lord Thy will be done.'
For all the joys this kitten brings
The risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness,
We'll love him while we may.
And for the happiness we've known,
forever grateful stay.

But should you call him back much sooner than we planned.
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes,
and try hard to understand.
If, by our love we managed your wishes to achieve,
Then in memory of him we've loved,
please help us while we grieve.
When our cherished kitten departs this world of strife,
Please send yet another needing soul,
for us to love all his life.

author unknown

I hope this helps all of us that miss our kittens and cats. Whether they have lives with us for 20 years or 2 days. We will always love them and never forget them! Sandra/Raven's Mother

lisalee
08-08-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm so sorry your time with Meeshe was short, but at least it was filled with love and joy for him. Meeshe was a very beautiful boy.

lizbud
08-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Rest In Peace dear Meeshe.:( You were much loved and are
deeply missed.

AvaJoy
08-15-2005, 08:38 PM
I wanted to mention two other things Meeshe liked to do . . . one was to jump on my back as I would bend over to clean his litter box. He also liked to climb up on the roof of our house . . . pretty nifty trick, especially when we would be out looking and calling for him, and all the while he would be up on the roof, no doubt laughing at us!:cool: Here is a poem I wrote, to us from him:

I know that you grieve, crying tear upon tear
Take comfort; I am with you, so do not fear
Your unselfish decision was best to do
It meant you loved me, as I love you
Rest assured I suffer not
Now I am healthy, and play a lot
As your heart begins to mend
Another kitty you shall befriend
May not be quite the same image of me
But you must answer the kitty's plea . . .
"Please help me . . . any room in you heart?"
Then you will know why I had to depart
Rescue another forsaken soul; don't lose sight of your goal
So many others yearn for love
Try to help them, too, Mom . . .
I pray from above.

This poem is for all those who have experienced having to make the awful end-of life decision for their pet. May they all be healthy and happy once more at the RB.

kb2yjx
08-16-2005, 01:15 PM
That is so lovely!! And you know that Meeshe would want you to open up your heart to another cat in need!!!
Sandra