PDA

View Full Version : If you're feeling down... [Please Read]

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-03-2005, 09:18 PM
“If you have food in the fridge, clothes on your back, a roof on your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world. If you have money in your bank, in your purse/wallet, and spare in a dish somewhere, you are among the top 8% of this worlds wealthy. If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week. If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world. If you can read this message, you are more blessed than over two billion people in this world who cannot read at all. Should you find it hard to get to sleep tonight, just remember the homeless family who don’t have a bed to lie on. Should you find yourself stuck in traffic, don’t despair; there are people living in this world whom driving is an unheard privelage. Should you have a bad day at work, think of the man who has been out of work for the last three months. Should you despair over a relationship gone wrong, think of the person who has never known what its like to love and to be loved in return. Should you grieve the passing of another weekend, think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week, for £10.00 to feed her family. Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance, think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk. Should you notice a grey hair in the mirror, think of the cancer patient in chemotherapy who wishes she had hair to examine. Should you find yourself at a loss asking “what is my purpose?” Be thankful: there are those who didn’t live long enough to get the opportunity. “

GoldenRetrLuver
08-03-2005, 09:23 PM
That really makes you think about a lot of things. Too many people take their lives for granted..

Thanks for posting.

popcornbird
08-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Very, very true. We have so many blessings in our lives that we take for granted. If only we would think of these things more often, we would never have a single thing in this world to complain about.

jesse_3
08-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks for sharing:) That really makes you think about life and what you really do have!

I was really crabby, and everything tonight. As much as I am glad I read it, I wish I could've waited until tomorrow. Then I think about this whole thing again, and some people don't have a tomorrow to spare, or the ability to read. It shows you how the world goes round.

Steph and Jes

Pawsitive Thinking
08-04-2005, 04:46 AM
Thank you - going to keep this somewhere as a "kick up the pants" when I'm having a bad day

lv4dogs
08-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Wow, that is great. Makes ya wake up & smell the coffee.

Did you write that or do you know who did? I'd love to copy it & frame it.

lv4dogs
08-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Just bumping!

JenBKR
08-04-2005, 03:55 PM
I think you posted that just for me. I really needed that perspective today. Thank you