PDA

View Full Version : Dog days of summer, Thursdays #118

catland
08-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Hot enough for you? We're expecting it to get up to 97 tomorrow (36c) - but it should cool down again to the mid-80's by the weekend (~30c).

I think a nice cold Corona with a slice of lime sounds good right about now. Who has the nachos?

slick
08-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Holy cow...the bar's been open for a couple of hours and I never even noticed.

Thanks Julie. Hope you are wearing "clean" pants today! :D :D

Weather here for the past two weeks has been in the mid 80's. Tomorrow supposed to hit 30 deg cel which is close to 90 F. Not very comfortable for me at all. Good thing I've got good AC in my office at work. I keep it at 69 F all year round.

Don't know where the nachos are but how about I whip up a batch of slushies and some hot crab dip? Gee, maybe we can talk Laurie into making some of her crab cakes. Sooooooo good!!!!

PSSSTTTT!!! One of our regular patrons is celebrating a birthday on the 7th. Won't mention any names....I'll just look at ITT and whistle!! :D :D

davidpizzica
08-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Slick, a slushie will hit the spot right now! I just talked to Donna and gave her directions to get to my house. We will meet on the 16th. We are both looking forward to it!

gini
08-03-2005, 07:41 PM
A birthday on the 7th? Wow!
Who could that be?

(oh, I was supposed to be quiet about it?)

I would love to have a tall drink with crunchy ice.........you know, the kind you chew with your teeth and irritate the heck out of everyone around you? I am very thirsty.

David? Fireworks display on the 16th you say??? Inquiring minds will want to know all about it - with pictures too!!!

grybai
08-03-2005, 07:44 PM
It's been really cooling down here since we've been getting monsoons in the evening. Tomorrow's only getting up to 96 degrees (98 on the weekend) compared to 115+ about a month ago. Of course the humidity is up from .5% to 31%, but I don't think that's even that bad and August is our most humid month of the year.

Nonetheless, no one wants to be outside. :cool:

Of course... it's still very much Wednesday over here...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by grybai
Of course the humidity is up from .5% to 31%, but I don't think that's even that bad and August is our most humid month of the year.
Ha, what I wouldn't give for 31% humidity in August! We had 90 something today but when you add in the humidty the "heat index" was over 100. The only thing is, it's really different. I was in 105 degree heat in Palm Desert last year and I didn't think it was near as bad as we've been having here with the humidity.

I'll just look at ITT and whistle!! Hmmmm...now who could that be? ;)

I'll have one of those slushies, Slick, but I think I'll pass on the hot crab dip, just too hot around here to be eating hot food even. What kind of cool appetizers have we got behind the bar? How about some yummy ice cream specialties?

David, are you still floating on air and getting caught in the ceiling fan? ;)

davidpizzica
08-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by gini
A birthday on the 7th? Wow!
Who could that be?

(oh, I was supposed to be quiet about it?)

I would love to have a tall drink with crunchy ice.........you know, the kind you chew with your teeth and irritate the heck out of everyone around you? I am very thirsty.

David? Fireworks display on the 16th you say??? Inquiring minds will want to know all about it - with pictures too!!! Gini, it will be the fourth of July all over again!

Logan
08-03-2005, 08:00 PM
OK you crazy Thursday people. I am ready for something cool.......I'm sure glad this is a cyber bar because we're dieting......so fill me up with something cool like a peach dacquiri or a margarita. I'm ready and it's only Wed. night! LOL!!!!

Logan

davidpizzica
08-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Ha, what I wouldn't give for 31% humidity in August! We had 90 something today but when you add in the humidty the "heat index" was over 100. The only thing is, it's really different. I was in 105 degree heat in Palm Desert last year and I didn't think it was near as bad as we've been having here with the humidity.
Hmmmm...now who could that be? ;)

I'll have one of those slushies, Slick, but I think I'll pass on the hot crab dip, just too hot around here to be eating hot food even. What kind of cool appetizers have we got behind the bar? How about some yummy ice cream specialties?

David, are you still floating on air and getting caught in the ceiling fan? ;) Debbie, I only got caught once, this time!

Uabassoon
08-03-2005, 08:50 PM
As Alexa said it's been cooling down here, the nights are actually nice now. However I can brave the heat, from the inside of my apartment with my a/c and my new baby.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/IMG_30321.jpg

It comes complete with a remote control, it's currently my new favorite toy.

Now I'm ready to sit back and relax, someone pass me a margarita!

catland
08-03-2005, 08:59 PM
(Slick whipped up a bunch of slushies so this is going to make my job easier)

UA - love the baby. one margarita - done.

David - sounds like you need a pitcher of slushies to keep you out of the fan this time. done.

Logan - a peach margarita sounds peachy. done.

T&P - Ice cream specials? How does a root beer float sound?

gry - so glad to see you on PT. stay cool.

Gini - one tall crunchy drink for the woman who helped clean my bottom.:eek:

Slick - how did you know - that's exactly what I'm wearing today - hold the red wine.:cool: Hot crab dip sounds yummy.:D

RICHARD
08-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by catland
(Slick whipped up a bunch of slushies so this is going to make my job easier)

UA - love the baby. one margarita - done.

David - sounds like you need a pitcher of slushies to keep you out of the fan this time. done.

Logan - a peach margarita sounds peachy. done.

T&P - Ice cream specials? How does a root beer float sound?

gry - so glad to see you on PT. stay cool.

Gini - one tall crunchy drink for the woman who helped clean my bottom.:eek:

Slick - how did you know - that's exactly what I'm wearing today - hold the red wine.:cool: Hot crab dip sounds yummy.:D

Hey Catland.

Thank you again for being a "Catalyst" here in Thursdays.

IT's been pretty much a nice week here....I walk into my Mom's house today and it's hotter than hades....the woman is cooking pork chops.....so....If anyone wants a bite...theres also Smashed Taters, pork and beans and corn on the cob...

------------------------------------

Can we raise a toast to the people who got off that airplane in Canada.....Lordy, what a fantastic story...

"guess where I went on my vacation???? To the brink of death!!!"

Thanks God for helping out those folks....

And let's toss in a safe journey home for 7 astronauts while we are at it??

Corinna
08-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Hi all. I'll take a diet lime coke please. I have finally gottten my life back sort of. I have work figured out as to my role.

lbaker
08-04-2005, 08:35 AM
*big yawn... stretchs out like a cat and scratches self* Ahem, hi everyone... blink blink - what? Oh, still in my jammies :o excuse me *runs out the door*

slick
08-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Ha! I've seen you in your jammies Laurie.......:eek: :D

OOps, what happens at Gini's, stays at Gini's!! :D

Good morning everyone! Only have a minute to check in this morning. There's some fresh Bailey's made for the coffee.

Richard, I've been following that story out of Toronto all week. Very tragic but you can't tell me that some divine intervention wasn't at work there.

Laura, love the new toy. Hi to everyone else. Sorry, gotta run but things will be more settled next week.

Hee Hee, Julie got her pants wet at Gini's..... :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-04-2005, 09:29 AM
'Morning everybody! I'm walking on air this morning! The boss has taken two whole days off!! Wooooo hoooo!!!! I was this close to quitting on Monday. He has just been totally insufferable lately and I'm not the only one around there that's almost to the end of my rope. So hopefully these two days will do him some good and he'll be back with a better attitude. Not likely....but I can hope can't I? :rolleyes: And in the meantime, two whole days to myself!! Wooo hoooo! Of course I've already had an emergency phone call to deal with :rolleyes: but now that that is out of the way, it should be smooth sailing the rest of the today and tomorrow. :D :D

Corinna, I got your postcard! How wonderful of you to think of us and how very very cool that you actually saw some mountain lions! We really must get up there soon!

I'm already half way into my morning coke, so I'll just say I hope everyone has a great day and I'll see you soon! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Morning everyone!

Going to be hot here too, around 100. I just want a huge cherry limeade and the cats need huge iced catnip teas. Too hot for food! (I cheated and had a mixed fruit and yogurt smoothie earlier)

Hi, Mario! I see you got your flowered shorts on today. On you, they look cool! ;) :cool:

Corinna
08-04-2005, 09:51 AM
You are quite welcome. I had the same situation at work and enough people quit and talked to the owner ,that my boss resigned. I feel bad becouse she had put so much in to the company,but had made it her life and thats not good. When you don't own it its just a job.
You really must get up here to see us.
I've just started my morning coke as I switched shifts with one of my staff so I could sleep in and she could go to a family BBQ. Might be the last one with her ex hubby as he has beaten cancer 3 times in the last 4 years . It just keeps coming up in different places.

davidpizzica
08-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Morning everyone!

Going to be hot here too, around 100. I just want a huge cherry limeade and the cats need huge iced catnip teas. Too hot for food! (I cheated and had a mixed fruit and yogurt smoothie earlier)

Hi, Mario! I see you got your flowered shorts on today. On you, they look cool! ;) :cool: Connie, Pittsburgh will tie the high temperature for this date at 93 degrees! The heat index will be close to 100. I have a FUN job in this heat, cutting what is left of the grass at the golf course! I can also go for a huge diet limeade myself, and iced Cnts for Nikki & Daisy! Uh, Mario? would you mind pulling up your shorts? Your diaper is showing! Nice shorts, though.

lbaker
08-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Howdie folks! Pay no attention to that itt-ish woman that ran through here in her jammies earlier, that was just your imagination caused by heat-stroke no doubt ;) Let's just stick with something cool and refreshing for knibbles this afternoon (morning? early evening?) depending on where you are. How about a nice big ring of cooled, peeled shrimp with some lobster salad in the middle. Fresh fruit salad? Hey Mario, how about if I turn on the sprinkler in the back yard and you and Possum can take turns running through it before playing in the kiddie pool! Your little flowered shorts look so cute... look how they match Possum's water wings :D I think a nice margarita (with an umbrella of course) would really hit the spot.. thanky thanky :cool:

Randi
08-04-2005, 10:36 AM
I've been enjoying a Starbucks coffee this afternoon - thanks Laura!! :) But I really missed one of Slick's Bailey's to go with it!

Catland, I'll try to stay away from red wine today. ;) A cold Corona with Nacho's sounds perfect for now. I think it'll go well with my HOT Indian Curry.

Debbie, I hope it's not as humid in Chicago as it was when I was there, I could only smoke half a cigaret, then had to go inside! :eek: The weather here is nothing to write about, I tell you .... I prefer California weather anytime!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Not really hot here, 20°C; but, I am sooooooooooo thirsty. Since this is virtual, I'd love a big yummie strawberry milkshake :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Randi
Debbie, I hope it's not as humid in Chicago as it was when I was there,

Yep, same weather as when you were here, although it's supposed to rain today and then cool off and have a drop in the humidity....for a whole two days before it gets hot again. :rolleyes:

Beer and nachos sounds extremely yummy! Think I'll just go get me some. ;)

Kfamr
08-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Hello Thursdays... Know what Thursday means? Friday is tomorrow!
Except I just got home from work and Friday isn't going to be so easy! We're giving away a free breakfast item at work and i'm sure we'll be busy as heck!

Since I just got home from work, i'm all hot and need something to relax and cool off with... Something really icey, please! I had a yummy french vanilla iced coffee from Dunking Donuts this morning.

High of 97* today with 60% humidity.. not TOO bad. I'd still prefer it in the 70's or high 60's with a nice breeze. ;)

smokey the elder
08-04-2005, 03:06 PM
After running back and forth between two different labs in this BEASTLY heat I need some chemist mobile phase, otherwise known as a run&coke with a slice of lime.;)

davidpizzica
08-04-2005, 04:51 PM
It is HOT & HUMID in Pittsburgh! The official high temp is 93 degrees, but I passed a couple of gas stations that showed the temp at 99 degrees! This temp with the high humidity isn't a very safe combination. Could I have a BIG cherry slushie? It's even too hot to cook dinner.

Oggyflute
08-04-2005, 07:03 PM
G'day everyone.:)
My sister and her husband have been visiting for a few days, and as much as that's good, they have just left and I've got my computer room back.:D The kids can settle back into their routine as well.
Now did I hear someone mention Corona? One of those would hit the spot.:)
"What have you got there Possum?- Someone's pj's by the looks of things.":eek:
Good news on the job front. I'm meeting with a fellow who own's a pool shop franchise on Saturday to discuss terms of employment.:) I could be working by Monday:D
Better have another Corona.:D

RICHARD
08-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
I could be working by Monday:D
Better have another Corona.:D

Two Coronas? DONE!

Lets raise a glass to 'employment', Best wishes, Og...

David,
Cooler weather and a cherry slushie.....DONE!

Smokey,

One GIANT R&C, with a twist...Walk don't Run, Please???
;)

DONE!

K,
How's about some Lemonade? with a splash of cherry juice....

MARIO, where are the cherries???

DONE!

T&P,

Allow me.....one beer and nachos....DONE!!!

I loved the camping photos...:D

M&Y,

One cool strawberry milkshake......DONE!!!

Welcome to Thursdays.

Randi,
One cold corona and nachos....with curry??

Definitely an elcletic dinner!!

DONE!

Hi Laurie,

I found the jar of cherries.......out by the sprinkler!!!

lol, That Mario!;)

Hi Corinna,

Long time......nice to see you back here,,,,

Drink? Coke and prayers for your family...
DONE!

Hi MOFF!!!

Cherry Limeade and 4 Huge Iced Catnip Teas...DONE!

Can someon get the jukebox.....I need to dance.....

Not dance well, just dance...
:D :D :D :D :) :) :)

Corinna
08-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks but as you can see from my last post I have had a whale of a summer. Isn't it supposed to be fun?
Can't wait for winter and rest.

DJFyrewolf36
08-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Gosh...I'm late!!!

The office was getting a face lift, and I was without my computer for two days :eek: ! I never have time to stop in while I'm on the home computer (and my roomate is usually on it playing games anyhow...)

Hey there Mario!! Could you keep Remus and Spook company while I go get something with a bit of a kick? I could use something kind of strong...it's been a stressful week here at work!

Well TGIF, right? I'm heading off to a partee in California tomorow night! It should be fun :D

Hope everyone is having a good day!

davidpizzica
08-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Gosh...I'm late!!!

The office was getting a face lift, and I was without my computer for two days :eek: ! I never have time to stop in while I'm on the home computer (and my roomate is usually on it playing games anyhow...)

Hey there Mario!! Could you keep Remus and Spook company while I go get something with a bit of a kick? I could use something kind of strong...it's been a stressful week here at work!

Well TGIF, right? I'm heading off to a partee in California tomorow night! It should be fun :D

Hope everyone is having a good day! Hey, DJF! make it two of something with a kick, I'll join you. I have to work this weekend. (pouts) Have fun parteeing!

DJFyrewolf36
08-05-2005, 04:59 PM
You have to work in this nasty heat?? :( Make sure you stay hydrated!

How is the golf course holding up in the heat? Has the grass completely died yet? There was a report published out here not too long ago that said that just one golf course consumes more water in a year than all the residences combined :eek: (This is in Carson City. They were talking about the "cheap" city run golf course. They don't water that one nearly as much as the country club courses. Carson city by itself I think has 4, maybe 5 courses in total...and the water police complain about people in homes wasting water!!!)

Anyway...I'm sorry you have to work David. Working on the weekends is no fun.

This round is on me :D

davidpizzica
08-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
You have to work in this nasty heat?? :( Make sure you stay hydrated!

How is the golf course holding up in the heat? Has the grass completely died yet? There was a report published out here not too long ago that said that just one golf course consumes more water in a year than all the residences combined :eek: (This is in Carson City. They were talking about the "cheap" city run golf course. They don't water that one nearly as much as the country club courses. Carson city by itself I think has 4, maybe 5 courses in total...and the water police complain about people in homes wasting water!!!)

Anyway...I'm sorry you have to work David. Working on the weekends is no fun.

This round is on me :D DJF, the greens and fairways are still green, but the rough and everything around then are like three shades of brown! My boss loves to keep the sprinklers going on the greens and fairways (sometimes a little TOO much) When I go on the course I alays carry water with me and stop at every water fountain on there. If you want to see what Longue Vue club looks like, rent the movie Houseguest, the golfing scenes were filmed there. Some of the water is city, but the majority of the water comes from an underground stream under the course.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by david p
I have to work this weekend. (pouts) Have fun parteeing! Ah, but you get winters off! ;)

Another cherry limeade for me and 4 catnip teas on ice!
It's cooler today, only in the 80s! In the mid 60s tonight so the house should cool down great. This has been one hot summer!!!:)

slick
08-05-2005, 09:27 PM
It's been a long hot day. All I need is a comfy chair and something ice cold to drink. I'm not fussy as long as it's got "spirits."

Hi to everyone. :)

RICHARD
08-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by slick
It's been a long hot day. All I need is a comfy chair and something ice cold to drink. I'm not fussy as long as it's got "spirits."

Hi to everyone. :)

Hi everyone,

How's about a straight shot o Tekillya followed by a lemonade???

David and DJ, you guys in???

DONE?

Hi MOFF,

How's about a large cherry limeade and four catnip teas w/ice???:D

Mario and Possum are out back playing Remus........

Just be careful around the jacuzzi...

WAIT A SECOND!

We have a jacuzzi and no one is using it....

:rolleyes:

Let's play some Rolling Stones and lets party!!

slick
08-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Let's play some Rolling Stones and lets party!!

I can’t get no satisfaction,
I can’t get no satisfaction.
’cause I try and I try and I try and I try.
I can’t get no, I can’t get no.

Thanks for the straight shot....

Oggyflute
08-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Jumpimg jack flash is a gas, gas,gas.....
:D :o Sorry, but I'm pretty happy....................because.................. .I got the job!:D
This calls for champagne. Veuve Cliqout if you please.:D
CHEERS EVERYONE:D

Corinna
08-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Whaoooo Oggy way to go. Good to hear Possum won't have to go on the bread line.
I had a good day my first management meeting. It was intresting and informative. I felt like I was really being listened too. Got a raise too. Yahooo!

Oggyflute
08-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
Whaoooo Oggy way to go. Good to hear Possum won't have to go on the bread line.
I had a good day my first management meeting. It was intresting and informative. I felt like I was really being listened too. Got a raise too. Yahooo!

That calls for another bottle of champagne.:D

smokey the elder
08-06-2005, 07:02 AM
Congratulations on the new job Oggy and the raise Corinna! I've been in my new job one month today, and LOVE being full time with bennies!

gini
08-06-2005, 08:45 AM
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW JOB TREV! CORINNA, A RAISE?? - GREAT NEWS!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by gini
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW JOB TREV! CORINNA, A RAISE?? - GREAT NEWS! WOW! GREAT NEWS INDEED!!!
I'll drink to that!!!:D

trayi52
08-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Yep, yep, yep, great news indeed! I'll also drink to that. So what are we drinking?????

Willie:D

RICHARD
08-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
Jumpimg jack flash is a gas, gas,gas.....
:D :o Sorry, but I'm pretty happy....................because.................. .I got the job!:D
This calls for champagne. Veuve Cliqout if you please.:D
CHEERS EVERYONE:D

LOLOLOL,

How's that for being 'unemployed'???

THAT didn't last long.

Congrats and lets party....

DONE!!

Line them up...

Hi Corrina, Smokey, Gini, Moff and HI TRAY!!!

Welcome back....

Let's raise a toast to another PT success story....Who's up for some breakfast too?

:D

RedHedd
08-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Let's play some Rolling Stones and lets party!! It's been a BUSY week so I haven't even had time to stop in to Thursdays! Found out Metallica is opening for the Stones on their current tour! WHOO HOO! I bought tickets with the fan club pre-sale - I CAN'T WAIT! Is it November yet? ;)

I got a raise too last month and an additional attorney to take care of. I guess that qualifies as combat pay? :confused: :rolleyes: :p

As it's early Saturday here in foggy S.F. I'll stick with hot coffee for now.

dukedogsmom
08-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Just stopping by to say hi. Been missing this place. I'm really wanting another watermellon Margarita. Talk to you later.

RICHARD
08-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Just stopping by to say hi. Been missing this place. I'm really wanting another watermellon Margarita. Talk to you later.

ready for a marathon yet???

Marathon FLORIDA,,

One Melon Margarita...
DOne!

REdd,

Hot cafe...Done!

Tray, anything you want....DONE!

davidpizzica
08-06-2005, 06:32 PM
RICHARD, could I have a DOTD? I could use something! I'm still a little nervous about meeting Donna!