PDA

View Full Version : My daughter had a bicycle accident....not serious

carole
08-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Poor Melissa is home off school for a couple of days nursing her wounds, she was about to start her paper round when she skidded in some gravel that was on the footpath(because we have road works at the moment), I had not witnessed it and for some reason I looked out the window that way and saw a young lad about her age helping someone up off the footpath, then I realised it was my Melissa, I ran over, she was in a sorry state, with some mighty bad grazes all over her knees, her hand and elbow, she has some significant bruising to her body as well.

She was lucky to escape serious injury, and lucky as she put it herself to be wearing her helmet, as she did hit her head.

So mum here had to get her fixed up and walk the paper round and do it all by myself 52 of them, I was exhausted by the time I had finished, I am not the fittest of people.,still the exercise did me no harm.

Melissa has a couple of days off school and her paper round to heal, we have some excellent bandages she can use, that stay on and some special waterproof spray as well, so hopefully they won't get infected, although two of them are not so great already.

She is still in some pain, as one knows grazes can be mighty sore, please wish her a speed recovery, thanks.

luvofallhorses
08-03-2005, 04:15 PM
:( Poor girl! I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! ((hugs))

carole
08-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Thank you , much appreciated.:)

jesse_3
08-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Oh no! I hope that she gets a real quick recovery, and hive her some ibuprofin or tylonol to help with pain;)-If nothing else, naybe she is making it hurt worse by thinking about it, I have done that before...

Steph and Jes

furrykidsmother
08-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Poor Melissa! I hope you are feeling better soon!

catnapper
08-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Poor girl! Good thing she was waring the helmet! I hope she heals fast -- I once fell as a kid and got scraped up pretty bad on gravel. OUCH! those scratches hurt like the devil and felt like forever to heal!

davidpizzica
08-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Oh, Sis! Thank goodness for bicycle helmets! Here's a Pittsburgh prayer that Melissa can heal quickly and get back non her paper route. {{{{HUGS}}}} for you and Melissa!

king2005
08-04-2005, 01:01 AM
ouch, hope she feels better soon.

I remember my "big" accident. I think its was "big" for my parents & not so much to me. I had to be about 8yrs old. I was biking with my male friend over some larger gravel hill on our street. They were working on our street (there were 10' deep holes everywhere). We went up & down about 4 in a row. Lets just say the last one was a killer !

It was only 1/2 a hill & it was a 6 foot drop to a pile of evil gravel. There was blood gushing out of my knee. In less then a few seconds my whole leg & shoe was red. I even left a blood trail :eek:

I walked into the house & mom freaked out.. I could have cared less until the proxide, I still remember screaming at the top of my lungs. My friend even stayed there to comfort me. I should have gotten stitches, but I refused & hobbled off hehehe

lynnestankard
08-04-2005, 04:57 AM
((((((((HUGS))))))))))) Melissa xxx

Sounds like a nasty fall - hope the sting has gone by now and Mum is waiting on you hand and foot - he he he. Lots of rest young lady and perhaps the odd grape eh? Take good care sweetheart.

Lynne

Pawsitive Thinking
08-04-2005, 05:12 AM
Poor Melissa - good girl for wearing her helmet! Many years ago, when I was young (!) I thought it would be a good idea to stop my scooter by putting my back foot on the wheel as a brake - stupid plan! Straight over the handlebars, knocking my two front teeth down my throat in the process :rolleyes:

ramanth
08-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Ouch!! Having fallen off a bike myself, I can sympathise.

Hope she heals up quickly! *hugs*

Almita
08-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Aww poor girl I will keep her in my prayers so she can feel better from the accident.

carole
08-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks Melissa is progressing well, we have some of that really good healing bandages that you leave on and some spray bandages as well, so she has healed quite nicely, just still a bit sore, still she has not minded having a few days off school and the paper round, i am lucky to even get on here at the moment, she is playing a game called Runescape which she loves and I have a devil of a time getting her off here lol, oh well at least she is not Bored.

Oggyflute
08-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Hope Melissa is feeling better today Carole.

carole
08-04-2005, 09:08 PM
She is doing much better thanks Trev, unfortunately the grazes have become weepy, even though we have all this up to date medical stuff to put on them, but she is not as sore now, so she is recovering good now.:)

wolfsoul
08-04-2005, 09:26 PM
I hope she feels better soon. How nice of that boy to help her. :)

K9karen
08-05-2005, 12:39 AM
Yikes! As my dad used to ask "Did you break the sidewalk"? You're right..I never thought that was funny either. Hope M is doing better today. I'm sure staying home from school made her feel lots better! Gentle hugs for her. Good job on the paper route, Carole! Did you jump on her bike or dr...i..ve?

RobiLee
08-05-2005, 01:25 AM
OUCH!! Feel better soon, Melissa.

carole
08-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Ha Ha K9Karen, images of me driving now that is funny, since I don't have a licence, Nope I used my good ole legs, ouch they were hurting when I got back, especially my ankles.

Yes I thanked the boy so did Melissa, he lives at Number 16 which is on her round, Melissa was talking to his mother the other day on the paper round, and she said he told her to ask about the paper girl if she was alright, chivarly is not dead after all, a nice young man indeed.:) and guess what she has a cute kitty who is 17 years old Too.

She is doing good now, just a couple of the grazes are nasty still, weeping, but they are slowly building up new skin and healing, they just take time., and are more of a nuisance than anything, Melissa has a busy week next week, having her meningicoccal jab on Monday, Tuesday open day at her new high school for next year, social on Thursday, and a Birthday party on saturday,so I am glad she is feeling better now,