PDA

View Full Version : Neighbors cat has first litter I need some help

skneisel74
08-03-2005, 11:35 AM
My neighbor has a cat he inherited from his father who passed away last Friday. The cats name is Trixie, she is just over a year old, she got pregnate where not sure when. Mon. night she had one very small kitten. I went by after work yesterday but the kitten had died sometime during the day. I am not sure if she is through having them or not can anyone tell me if they can go days between kittens. I felt of her stomach but with her mamory glands so full I could not tell. I know she needs to go to the vet but in the mean time can anyone answer so questions???????:confused: :( :confused: :( :confused: :eek:

Cataholic
08-03-2005, 11:38 AM
TO THE VETS, ASAP. No advice from anyone on here will replace what appears to be a dire situation that needs a vet's expertise.

RedHedd
08-03-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm with Cataholic - to the vets ASAP!

kittycats_delight
08-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
TO THE VETS, ASAP. No advice from anyone on here will replace what appears to be a dire situation that needs a vet's expertise.

Ditto. I'm with Cataholic and Redheadd. This baby needs a vet asap. Don't wait as IF there are kittens remaining inside that are not living the toxicity can kill the momma.

Craftlady
08-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Ditto vets ASAP
When Cindy aborted her two kittens she did it within an hour of one another. She was given an antibotic to fight off infection.

catnapper
08-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Sounds dire -- just repeating what everyone else has already said!

orangemm
08-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Yes, please get poor Trixie to the vet. Who knows what is going on with her?

Please keep us posted!!

catmandu
08-03-2005, 04:22 PM
I KNOW,THAT THEY CAN HAVE KITTENS HOURS LATER,BUT I AM NOT SURE,ABOUT DAYS,AND I TOO URGE YOU,TO GET A VETS OPINION,AS SOON,AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN.
AND WE SEND OUR PRAYERS,FOR THE MOMMA CAT,AND HER BABIES.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cfb4b0ba.jpg