PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE pray for Josie today!

christa
08-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Josie is having bad asthma today. Please pray that the steriod that I gave her this morning will kick in soon!

Our vet is closed on Wednesday (of course) so hopefully she will settle down enough to make it until tomorrow.

catnapper
08-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Poor Josie. Is there anything you can do until the appointment? I know nothing about asthma, so I'm helpless but I can certainly pray!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Praying right now - how is she?

catlover4ever
08-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Poor Josie. Can you put Josie in a carrier and use a steam vaporizer to help clear her airways? I don't even know if that makes sense but I know when my brother-in-law gets bad asthma days he goes into the bathroom and runs the hot water for lots of steam to help clear up his airways.

christa
08-03-2005, 09:21 AM
THANK YOU GOD!!!

Good news! I called my vet's office, just to leave a message that if anyone came in today, to call me . . . I thought maybe they could give me some advice . . .

The vet tech, Tyler, answered the phone!!!!

I was floored!

He said they open until 1 on Wednesdays now, but only the techs are in! (good to know!)

I'm so glad I called!!!

Anyway, took Josie, got her shot . . . It should start to kick in any time. Her stomach is still jerking, but she hasn't had a coughing fit since we got home, so it's probably already starting to work.

She hasn't been this bad in quite some time. I usually can get preds in her before she gets bad . . . she must have been sick all night.

Thanks everyone for the prayers! Something told me to call, and I'm so glad that I did!!!

:)

Sonia59
08-03-2005, 09:29 AM
I'm glad to hear Josie is getting better! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-03-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm so glad Josie is feeling better already - whew! :)

catmandu
08-03-2005, 09:43 AM
WE ARE PRAYING,FOR JOSIE,THAT THE WHITE COATS,WILL BE ABLE,TO HELP HERBREATHER,AND TIGER ANGEL,IS DROPPING BY,FROM THE CAT PARTEE,TO SEE ,IF HE CAN HELP OUT.
WE LOVE JOSIE,AND WE DO HOPE,THAT SHE,IS WELL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/SCRAPMIK.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
08-03-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Josie is going to be alright.:)

christa
08-03-2005, 09:57 AM
I hate this.

She coughed a little a second ago. It's only been about an hour since her shot . . . her breathing seems to be a tad bit better. I hope that she settles down.

Keep praying for her . . . she's still not 100%.

furrykidsmother
08-03-2005, 10:29 AM
I just saw this. I am glad that you got her to the vet and that she is showing some improvement. Hopefully the shot will kick in and she will be 100% soon. Please keep us posted. Hugs and prayers on their way.

jazzcat
08-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Poor Josie. I'm so glad you were able to take her in for a shot. Prayers that she's 100% soon.

skneisel74
08-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Shell's Angel's are all glad your Josie is ok, we know how scarey an asthma attack can be. Best of luck And Josie this maybe a good day for you to find a sunny spot to take a cat knap and take it easy.

kittycats_delight
08-03-2005, 11:12 AM
lots of prayers comiong for Josie that those meds kick in quick. I am glad she is feeling a little better and we will keep on preying until she is 150% better. :)

moosmom
08-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Christa,

I hope the steroids help relieve Josie's asthma. With the heat and humidity, it can wreak havoc on asthma and allergies. My 11 year old tortie, Mollie Rose has both asthma and allergies. I give her prednisone when her asthma gets really bad, and also an allergy pill (Chlortrimeton for humans) when she gets watery eyes, stuffy nose and sneezing.

sirrahbed
08-03-2005, 11:47 AM
aww Christa - I am sorry that Josie has flared up again - so scary!! But thank God that you called, Tyler answered and she has received her shot. I have said a prayer for her and for you - that she will start feeling better SOON. Check back in would you?? I will be MIA for a few hours but will check later (((HUGS)))

christa
08-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Thanks everyone for the good thoughts & prayers. Josie says Thank you too!

Update on Josie:

She is feeling better. Her abdomen has stopped jerking and she seems to be breathing better. She is super sleeeeepy though! She usually sleeps for 2 days solid after her shot!

I forgot to tell ya'll earlier, she's gained over a half a pound since her last shot. She's just an ounce shy of 15 pounds now.

The vet said weight management is a loosing battle for kitties on steriods. But if she's gaining a half a pound a month . . . geez, she's going to explode by next summer!!!

Craftlady
08-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Poor thing, unfortunately it's that way with humans too. My nephew was on steriods for his Crohns until they got it under control, poor guy gained so much weight he had stretch marks on his stomach :(

orangemm
08-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Better a little chubby than not being able to breathe. Poor Joise, what an awful experience for her.

So glad she is doing better...give her lots of scritches and hugs from me!

rg_girlca
08-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm glad to hear that Josie is doing better, but still sending prayers and positive thoughts that she will be back to her old self very soon.

Sweet kisses to you pretty Josie.

sirrahbed
08-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Thank you for the good update on Josie:D I am really glad to read it - good for you both!!!:D

momcat
08-04-2005, 05:40 PM
How is Josie doing today?

christa
08-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by momcat
How is Josie doing today?

Josie has slept on the couch all day . . . she gets soooo sleepy after her shot, she can hardly hold her eyes open. Hopefully in a few days, she'll be back to her lively self!

Her breathing is better. A few times today, it seemed as though she was breathing hard . . . but she is a chunk . . . and it's super humid outside right now, so I think that's also making things hard for her.

Thanks for asking :)

Lightning SuperCat
08-05-2005, 09:52 AM
LOTS and LOTS of prayers and ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) for Josie. I really hope that she feels 100% better when she waks up!!!!!:o I was so worried when I started reading the beginning of the post, but now I am sooooooo happy she is feeling better!!!!!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Hey Josie - you rest up for a while. Glad you are feeling better