PDA

View Full Version : We made it alive!!

CalliesMom
08-03-2005, 06:48 AM
Well the move from Alabama to North Carolina did not go so well. :rolleyes: We were supposed to get the truck on Friday but U-Haul did not have any available in the size we needed, so had to wait until Saturday. On Friday, my car overheated and we just barely made it to the dealership to find out a belt busted. :mad: Saturday morning we have to drive 50 miles outside of city limits to a very podunk town to pick up the truck. It wasn't parked on pavement but in a field, but it did start.

We load up the truck, clean the house and then proceed to head off on what we thought would be about an 8-9 hour drive to Raleigh, NC. OH NO...:rolleyes: While driving through Atlanta, the truck stalls and hubby pulls over on the side of the road..tries to contact U-Haul but nobody ever picks up once we have been put on hold. Jason decides to keep driving as long as we can before the truck dies :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. An hour later, three orange flashes/cracks occur underneath the truck (I'm following behind hubby in our car) and he pulls over. Starts the truck again, try to get a hold of U-Haul, and keep driving. The truck backfires every 100 miles it seemed like but we did make it. Took us 11.5 hours. :eek:

Jason and I weren't too bright and thought living on the third floor wouldn't be too bad. :rolleyes: :o :D It took us a day and a half to unload all our junk. LOL It is FINALLY over and am actualy enjoying living in a large city again...there is so much more to do here in Raleigh and I love our apartment. I have pictures of the place and will post as soon as we get my computer monitor.

On to the kitties--the first night, we kept them in the laundry room to kind of get them use to the new smells. I let them out the next morning and am taking a shower as hubby starts yelling at me. Shadow had been in our bedroom for about half an hour (litter boxes in laundry room and bedroom door is closed) and I guess REALLY had to go. :eek: She pooped on the floor which got all three of them thrown back into the laundry room for another day. :rolleyes: Jason doesn't really like them to begin with and with her litter box issues in the past, he was not a happy camper.

They spent their first night out last night and have yet to find anything naughty they might have gotten in to. They really seem to like living here and have even been allowed outside on the balcony to sniffies around. It was Callie's first experience of the outside not being in the carrier...she was quite excited and ate a moth. :)

catlover4ever
08-03-2005, 07:30 AM
Boy sounds like you had the "Muyrphy's Law of Moving". I'm glad that you made your move safely. I can not wait to see pictures of the apartment and of the furkids.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Wow, what a trip from hell, but at least you made it all in one piece and are finally getting settled in. Can't wait for pictures of the kitties checking out their new digs! :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-03-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you had such a horrible moving experience:( but I'm glad that everyone made it safely. I can't wait to see some pictures of your new place.:)

catmandu
08-03-2005, 09:58 AM
THE INTERESTING THING,.IS THAT WHEN THINGS REALLY GO WRONG,IT GIVES YOU,INTERESTING STORIES,THAT YOU CAN TELL YOUR FRIENDS.
A CO WORKER,TOLD ME,THAT WHEN A DELIVERY WENT WRONG,THAT I HAVE HAVE NO GOOD STORIES,IF EVERYTHING,WENT ACCORDING,TO SCHEDULE,AND HE WAS RIGHT.
WE ARE GLAD,THAT YOU,AND THE CATS,HAVE RELOCATED,FINALLY,AND ARE,IN THE WONDERFUL CITY,OF RALIEGH.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/SCRAPMIK.jpg

skneisel74
08-03-2005, 11:28 AM
We are so glad you made it all in one peice, it may have just been nerves that caused the bedroom incident, give it some time they will adjust and be great city kitties. Congradulations on the new place can't wait to see picks.

Shell's Angel's

RedHedd
08-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Sounds like that wasn't too much fun but glad you're settling in a like your new place and the City. Question: Who is Jason?

kuhio98
08-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Wow! That really sounds like the moving trip from HE!!. I'm so glad it's over. The only thing I can think of that could have been worse, is if the kitties had gotten loose somewhere on the road. Glad you all made it safe and sound.

Edwina's Secretary
08-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Next time....rent from Ryder.....;) :D ;) :D

CalliesMom
08-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Next time....rent from Ryder.....;) :D ;) :D

I know..will never rent U-Haul again. RedHedd, Jason is my husband. Sorry I should I made that more clear. ;)