PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Whiskey please

luckies4me
08-03-2005, 12:33 AM
I woke up this morning to find half of one of my shirts gone. Whiskey ate it. :( To top it off it was one of my favorite shirts, LOL! She went to work with me today because she needed her second set of shots. So far she has been eating and drinking fine, her temp was normal and she isn't vomiting or having diarrhea, so it looks like she might pass it. I'm waiting for her to poop again so I can see if I see anything. If I don't see her pass it we'll do some x-rays and see if she's impacted.

She was a champ today when she got her shots. She is one of the smartest, calmest puppies ever! She does have some dirty ears, so I will have to clean them out tomorrow real good. We checked for mites and yeast and stuff but she's good on that. :)

CagneyDog
08-03-2005, 01:03 AM
Did you get a new dog or is this just a foster?

Anyways,

Lots of prayers for sweet Whiskey on the way

lv4dogs
08-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Aw Whiskey you naughty boy you. You can't eat mommy's shirts you goof ball. Now be a good boy & pass it with no problems.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Silly Whiskey........don't do it again! Hope you are feeling ok sweetie

crsvstang
08-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Oh, no Whiskey you naughty girl! Sending good thoughts for her!

luckies4me
08-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks everyone. She's pooped a lot but I have yet to see anything like shirt material in her stool. :confused: Do you think it's still in there?

luvofallhorses
08-03-2005, 10:49 AM
I would get it checked out by a vet just to be on the safe side.

luckies4me
08-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses
I would get it checked out by a vet just to be on the safe side.

She already has. I work at a vet clinic. ;) The doctor isn't worried because she's pooping just fine, peeing just fine, has tons of energy and is eating and drinking. :) It's just weird because you'd think I'd see it. :p

lv4dogs
08-03-2005, 11:08 AM
If she just ate it this morning she may not pass it until later today or tomorrow. It all depends on if it becomes lodged, held up & how fast her intestinal tract is moving.
And if it does become lodged she may not start to show ill symptoms until a day or two or three, it all depends on how fast it is moving in her intestinal tract (if it can even leave the stomach) and how bad it becomes lodged. She can always have a partial blockage which won't show as many symptoms as a full blockage. Symptoms from a partial blockage may take longer to show than a full blockage, anywhere from today to a couple/few weeks from now even a year or two down the road. It all depends on how much of the intestine it is blocking.

If she ate half of your shirt I'm sure you'll be able to see pices here & there in here feces. If she happened to swallow the half of shirt whole there is a greater chance at her having a blockage as it is a larger piece.

Just desect the feces. I hope Whiskey passes it.

lv4dogs
08-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Hows she doing this morning?

luckies4me
08-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Yep, she definitely passed it LOL. On my living room floor no less! :p

luvofallhorses
08-04-2005, 02:24 PM
That's good news!

lv4dogs
08-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Well, they say take the good with the bad. lol.
Glad to hear she's doing good!

Oggyflute
08-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Yep, she definitely passed it LOL. On my living room floor no less! :p

Good news Cass, though I guess the timing was a tad off.:)