PDA

View Full Version : Just want you to know........

Logan
02-26-2002, 10:39 PM
Butter is in my lap!!! For the second time in a week!!! Can't say that he is settled, but he's trying, and I am amazed.....I might be up for hours.... :)........

I wonder why he is here now.....last week, I believe it was because I was in his chair. Tonight :confused: but he is here....now he is lying down. Oh my :eek: . I can't even move...you don't know how much this means to me!!! :D

LoudLou
02-26-2002, 10:54 PM
YiiiiPPPeeeee!!!!! :D :D :D Kitty loves from BUTTER!!!:D

Former User
02-27-2002, 01:55 AM
Well done Butter, and glad to see your mommy so happy! :)

Gio
02-27-2002, 03:19 AM
I know what you mean! Maya is not a lap cat at all. The only time she really wanted to be in my lap was the day she got spayed when she wanted to be next to me all the time.

You can imagine my surprise when one day I was on the couch watching TV when she crawled in my lap and went to sleep. I was so pleased :D . It was such an event that I ended up lying there until 4 am so that I wuold not disturb her :o :rolleyes: . The following day at work I was like a zombie but it was worth it :D .

The things we don't do for them...:rolleyes:

Pam
02-27-2002, 06:16 AM
Logan I am so happy for you!!!!! This is some kind of a breakthrough in your relationship!! LOL! You have loved him to death and now he can't help but respond. He is weakening! When I first got Trevor he occasionally would get into my lap but once we got Andy, and he saw Andy was always in my lap he decided to be even more of a lap kitty. Now my lap is often crowded with the two of them! Maybe Butter has been watching Mimi and figures he wants some of that extra lovin'! There's nothing better than a purring cat in your lap, unless it's two purring cats!

purrley
02-27-2002, 06:51 AM
Logan - sounds like your Butter is buttering you up:D :D . I know how you feel to get these unusual moments of affection from a cat who normally is indifferent. That's my Frisco - I feel so privledged when he curls up next to me cause that definately is a very rare thing. Makes you wonder what they're after:rolleyes:

Logan
02-27-2002, 08:36 AM
It was a two Bandaid swipe to my index finger this morning :eek: . When he makes his mark, he does it good!!! :)

sammi
02-27-2002, 08:49 AM
He does not want you to expect that lovin all the time!:p

wolflady
02-27-2002, 11:05 AM
Awww...Logan I'm so happy that Butter is adjusting....on his own terms of course. Ouch!! He probably had to let you know that he's not going to be that nice right away.....but that's progress!! Isn't it the greatest feeling when a kitty starts to trust enough to climb in the lap?? I know I always feel a little giddy when Scooter actually sits near me or on my lap...which is very seldom. It really is his and hers cats!! Scotter is his, and Marius is mine....and they know it!:) Was he sitting on your lap while you were at the 'puter?? Our cats find this to be the best time to come and sit (which makes it hard to type with a furry kitty body in the way! LOL LOL)
**hugs**
Hope that finger heals fast! I'm sure you've got the economy supply of neosporin!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Logan
It was a two Bandaid swipe to my index finger this morning :eek: . When he makes his mark, he does it good!!! :)

Cynthia
02-27-2002, 11:34 AM
Logan,
Thanks for sharing this happy news. Yay, Butter! Those of us with skittish rescued kitties can really relate to this! I had a small "breakthrough moment" with Emmett last week while I was watching the Olympics. He just jumped up on the sofa, made himself comfortable on my lap, and didn't move for over half an hour. The funniest part was that he was intently watching the TV, which he's never done before -- it was ladies figure skating, so maybe he was captivated by all the movement. When he finally jumped off my lap, he sat on the floor directly in front of the TV and stared at it for a few minutes before he walked away.

(Of course, he hasn't done this again since. Maybe I'll have to wait until the next winter Olympics!:D )

zippy-kat
02-27-2002, 01:19 PM
Don't worry Logan...sounds like the Frigid Wonder Butter is slowly--but surely--becoming room temperature! ;) :D

lynnestankard
02-27-2002, 04:00 PM
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

So pleased Logan - perhaps Butter's melting a little.:D :D

Lynne

auggie
02-27-2002, 07:34 PM
Logan, I know how special these rare moments are. Phoenix is usually a biting, scratching little monster. Sometimes it's my fault. Can't help myself, just got to touch his fuzzy belly. Every now and then he can be so sweet, jumping in my lap, head butting and purring. I know he is just asking fo a treat, but it is special anyway.:rolleyes: http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/2645417/2645417_210200285934PM0.3896405.jpg

AvaJoy
02-27-2002, 09:32 PM
Logan, I am so delighted to hear that Butter is finally returning some of the love received!

It has been over 6 months, and Debra has just recently begun to seek out my lap . . . the first time she climbed aboard while I was laying on the couch I was in total disbelief; my husband grabbed the camera and now I have proof that it wasn't a dream. Right this moment she is on my lap, making biscuits and purring. I was typing this with only one hand because her head was resting on my other arm, which was posed for mouse navigation and I didn't want to disturb her . . . when she heard my left hand clicking the keys she got up, made biscuits and is now curled up in a different position so I can finish this with both hands . . . hooray! I'm so glad she didn't just jump down.

I know you are looking forward to Butter's encore, and so are we all. :) :)

AmberLee
02-27-2002, 09:41 PM
Progress on several fur-babies fronts! Such good news. (Okay, a step backwards from Butter this morning, but a big step forwards last night.) Hope he 'kisses it and makes it well'! :D

Logan
02-27-2002, 10:03 PM
Of course, he's been a holy terror all day! LOL!! It is so cold outside that he really needs to be indoors, and he gets a bit stir crazy. But tonight, I was sitting on the couch, with Honey beside me, and he jumped right up over her, and sat on the back of the couch, as close to me as he could get without touching me. He is trying, he really is. And I know he loves us, even if he doesn't quite know how to show it. He snuggled with Helen while she was reading tonight on her bed, and he let both of us pet him and we heard a faint purr, which we usually only hear when he is eating. Slowly, but surely.......

Lynne, I had to laugh when I read your comment about Butter "melting"!! :D

I cannot resist petting him, and I swear he gets me everytime. But I NEVER touch his belly, ever! :eek: I'd be ground beef if I did!! I will have to have Helen take a picture of my hands and arms to share with you. Sandra saw them this summer. They are not a pretty sight. They have always had some scars, but this is ridiculous!! :o And sort of embarassing too!

Logan
03-02-2002, 09:58 PM
He's there again!!! What in the world did I do to deserve this two times in one week???? :D

thelmalu99
03-03-2002, 10:19 AM
Logan, that's wonderful!!
I know what it's like to live with a tough-as-nails kitty, and to see progress like that is amazing!
What have you done to deserve this? You have given him love, a good home, caring and understanding. You have let him take things at his own pace. This is your reward! You deserve it!
Here's hoping that your handsome Butter will continue to make progress! :)

Logan
03-04-2002, 09:15 PM
OK..we now have some kind of record.....I'm in shock :eek:

He's back......could he really be learning to trust and love me???? I think I will sit here all night if necessary. He scratched and licked me at the same time....what does that mean??? I love him so....I hope he's coming around.

Logan
03-05-2002, 11:00 AM
LOL! Chuck, I know I am boring you guys to death :o . But what a breakthrough!!!! :D :D

mruffruff
03-05-2002, 02:51 PM
Logan, I know just how you feel. I've been trying to get close to 4 strays on my front porch. One I call Ghost has been much more friendly than the others. He lets me pet him on the head and a little down his back. The first time he jumped on my lap, I was so surprised, I stood up :eek: He now sits next to me instead. This was nearly a year ago. He has progressed to coming in through the kitty door whenever he chooses, spending whole days and nights in the spare room. He's even met a couple of the dogs --briefly.

Missy lets me pet her when she's eating and Shai slaps my hand as I pet Missy. Missy will also come in the house at night through the kitty door. This just started last week. Hurray!

Inky is still a stranger, though he won't take off when I bring food out. He's the only one I haven't been able to TNR. Yet.

Every little bit of progress is so thrilling.

Before you know it, Butter will be a regular lap cat..........but when HE wants to be.

Mary

lynnestankard
03-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Logan - boring us to death? I should say not. We're all so pleased that Butter is showing all this love at last - isn't it just too much!!:D :D I'm so pleased for you.

Lynne

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-05-2002, 03:03 PM
I am so happy for you! :D Way to go Butter. There is nothing like the instant warmth you feel when a kitty curls up on your lap.

yorkster
03-05-2002, 11:56 PM
That is so cool Logan!!!!! :cool: :D :D

I have not been on-line lately, so I just saw this today. ;)

What a breakthrough! (and it's not at all boring to me- I would be very excited too)
It takes a long time for cats to trust again when they have been rescues, and some never do, so you should feel awesome. :)

You MUST be doing something right!

purrley
03-06-2002, 10:00 AM
Logan - I know how excited you must be to have your Butter coming around. I felt the same about my Panda - took so long to get close to her - now I have her all the time - she licks my fingers and nuzzles me - what a treat. And the best of all - its that they choose you. It's so cool being loved by a cat on their terms - it's so special indeed. Panda will even let me hold her - just for a minute though;)

Logan
03-06-2002, 12:13 PM
You are all so "cool"......thank you for understanding!! I gave you a break last night when he was back up in my lap. Unfortunately, my poor foot went to sleep because as usual, I had my leg tucked up under the other one and I dared NOT move an inch!!! He stayed for a good 20-25 minutes, purring, until I couldn't stand it another second.

He's coming around.....I truly believe it.

Logan (a thankful one, that all of these scars are worth the effort)
:)