PDA

View Full Version : Crocker has a liver infection... :(

LuvGold00
08-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I know I don't post here much, but I've been needing to vent to someone. We took Crocker to the vet about a week or so ago to have her teeth cleaned, they did bloodwork before they put her out for her cleaning. The bloodwork revealed that she has a liver infection, a bad one. They sent her home on lots of medication that she hates to take, and she has to go back Friday for more bloodwork. If Friday's bloodwork doesn't say that the medications have helped, it doesn't look very good. The vet hasn't really gone into detail about what we'll do if she's not better, but I don't want to think about it. She'll be 11 years old in October, and still acts like nothing is wrong, we never would have known anything was going on unless we had gotten her teeth cleaned. So, I guess I'm glad we know, and maybe with meds it can be helped.
Here are some photos of her in the new bed I got her when she came back from the vet. Thanks for listening to my rant/vent.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/SunKissedGoldens/Betty%20and%20Crocker/100_2499.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/SunKissedGoldens/Betty%20and%20Crocker/100_2497.jpg

shais_mom
08-02-2005, 11:42 PM
poor baby!!
will be praying for you and Crocker!

Randy_K
08-03-2005, 12:03 AM
That's quite frightening. Just make sure Crocker get the meds and hope she's strong enough to fight it off. This is the right place to vent and that is OK.

krazyaboutkatz
08-03-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm so sorry to her this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-03-2005, 04:42 AM
Awww Crocker, you've got a lovely new bed!!! I hope your infection is under control very soon. Please be a good girl and take those pill mommy gives you :)

orangemm
08-03-2005, 05:01 AM
Sending lots of love and good thoughts to Crocker; get well, please!

Take your medicine like you should and not worry your meowmie.

Keep us updated, please.

chocolatepuppy
08-03-2005, 05:08 AM
Good thoughts and prayers headed Crockers way.

Lightning SuperCat
08-03-2005, 06:10 AM
That is SO sad!!!!!! :( :( Sending lots and lots of (((HUGS))) and prayers to Crocker. I hope he gets better soon!!! Give him lots of hugs from me!!!! :)

sirrahbed
08-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Poor Crocker!!:( (((HUGS)))) to Meowmie and *scritches* for pretty Crocker!

catmandu
08-03-2005, 10:14 AM
WE ARE PRAYING,THAT THOSEMEDICATIONS,WILL HELP,OUR DEAR FRIEND CROCKER,AND THAT SHE WILL BE YOUR COMPANION,FOR MANY,MANY MORE YEARS,TO COME.
SMOKEY ANGELS,WILL BE WITH CROCKER,TO HELP HER,ANY WAY,THAT THEY CAN.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/SCRAPMIK.jpg

furrykidsmother
08-03-2005, 10:26 AM
So sorry to hear this. Crocker you be good and take your medicine. Hope the bloodwork is improved at the next visit. Please let us know. We are all hear to listen whenever you want to talk.

kittycats_delight
08-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Oh Crocker honey :( You take all your meds and be a good girly. We will all be pulling for those meds to help you. All paws,whiskers, fingers and toes crossed for you to get all better.

Michelle & the girls

skneisel74
08-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Lots of hugs, prayers, and tummy rubs comming your way from Tx,
Crocker you take your meds and be a good girl for your meowmie, she is only doing what is best for you. Keep us posted on what the Dr. says Friday.

Shell's Angel's