PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobilers...

elizabethann
08-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Does anybody snowmobile on this forum? Here's a question that really has nothing to do with snowmobiling....

I just found a snowmobile trail 1.3 miles from where I live. I took the dog for a walk/jog on it. The only way I can figure how far we went is by the snowmobile trail markers which I think are mileage markers of some kind....not sure.

I started at 54B and ended up at 61B. That's when we turned around. How can I figure out how far I walked/jogged? Are all these markers the same in all the US states? If not, anybody from NH who snowmobiles know how far we went? I'm guessing 1.5 miles but I'm really not sure.

Anybody?

:)

joycenalex
08-03-2005, 05:15 AM
i haven't snowmobiled in years, but it sounds right to me for distance marks

Cataholic
08-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Well, if those are tenths of a mile, you would be right. For me, it would be easier to estimate distance by the amount of time it took me to run it. I could 'jog' 1.5 miles in about 18 minutes...so, how long did it take you?

elizabethann
08-03-2005, 12:08 PM
It took me 45 minutes but that's because Fenway made a lot of pit stops.

Thanks for the info.

:D

jesse_3
08-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Well, where I live, MN, we have no markers! Everyone here snowmobiles the trails so much that it is hard to get lost, lol!

Were they two different trails maybe? Or they could've been marked by the tenth of a mile. I am not sure. Sorry I am not of much help to you!

Steph and Jes

I just bought a snowmobile ($500). It is a 440 Indy Sport! I love it too! I don't ride it as much as I want to though.....Sorry, off subject:rolleyes:

elizabethann
08-03-2005, 02:28 PM
I just bought a snowmobile ($500). It is a 440 Indy Sport! I love it too! I don't ride it as much as I want to though.....Sorry, off subject

Congratulations on your new snowmobile! Snowmobiling is HUGE in NH. Personally, I don't participate but several family members do. I do other winter things like snowshoeing and x-country skiing. However, I would love to go snowmobiling again some day...just for old times sake.

I think you may be right. I think they are 1/10 mile trackers. I think I may buy a snowmobile map of the area to see what other trails I can take with the dog. Best to do them now before snow falls and I get run over by a snowmobiler!

:D

jesse_3
08-03-2005, 04:57 PM
LOL!!! Yeah, don't wanna get run over one! My sister ran over me (my leg) with the kitty cat, Y-O-U-C-H!!!!! That thing is small too!

That is weird, in our town, snowmobile maps are free:confused: Oh well, just as long as you are safe;)

I have never snowshoed, or x-country skiing:eek: I want to try it though.

Snowmobiling can actually be a great family sport, that is how my dad and I spend our "daddy and me" time together:) Good luck, and hope that you keep safe!

Thanks for the congrats!-
Steph and Jes