PDA

View Full Version : A tragedy and a funeral

Cookiebaker
08-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Dear Kimmy & Kia, Zam & Logan,

It is with deep sadness and a sense of mourning that I bare the awful news that today we had to bury the much beloved caterpiller. Mr. Caterpiller was blessed with a very long life of 4 months, when the average life expectancy of a stuffie is 2.2 days.

Mr. Caterpiller was such a bright stuffie, full of fluff, and a rattle in his head. He spent his life being tugged and pulled and chewed on; and yet he was a faithful stuffie and put up with much abuse. Mr. Caterpiller led a very full life. His days of rest and recuperation in the toybox were far and few between.

Poor Mr. Caterpiller lost his eyeballs last evening, and went downhill very quickly. By this afternoon, he had bled most of his stuffing, and there was a gaping hole in his side.

Two labbies, Malone & Emerson, are going to severely miss Mr. Caterpiller, and won't even let Mr. Caterpiller rest in peace. They keep trying to dig him out of his burial plot of the garbage can.

So, Kimmy & Kia, Zam & Logan, we thank you for the most wonderful present in the world, and probably the most loved of all stuffies. He was a blessing while he lived, and will be fondly remembered for years to come.

Here are some pictures of Mr. Caterpiller during his better days.
http://www.pt.plainolpup.com/4113.JPG

http://www.pt.plainolpup.com/4114.JPG

Love,

Malone & Emerson & Anna
:D

anna_66
08-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Omg, I'm so sorry to hear that Malone and Emerson's best stuffie friend is gone. I can't blame them for trying to find him, I'm sure he's very missed.

RIP Mr. Caterpiller

PJ's Mom
08-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Oh gosh you scared me! :eek:

Glad it was only Mr. Caterpillar. :D

luvofallhorses
08-02-2005, 10:16 PM
:eek: you scared me, too! Glad it was only a stuffed animal :)

LuvGold00
08-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Anna! You can't put "a tragedy and a funeral" for a subject! You had me scared to death when I read that!! Whew, glad it was only the stuffie! :D Although, quite sad that Mr. Caterpillar's time had come.

sasvermont
08-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Anna, this piece is so nicely written that I thought you were describing a real event...... and then after about the third read-through, I discovered the stuffy part. Thank goodness.

Funny girl, Anna.

;) :D ;)

lv4dogs
08-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Hahahaha.
That was awful scary at first but after a few sentances, when I realized it was a stuffie, it made me laugh! Very well written.

I'm so sorry to hear that Malone & Emerson lost their best stuffie.
With sincere sympathy,
Sue

ramanth
08-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Oh poor poor Mr. Caterpillar.... :( :(

I'm so happy he brought 4 months of joy to those cute little pups.

You'll be missed sweet stuffy. *sniffles*

:D

KYS
08-03-2005, 08:15 AM
RIP Mr. Caterpillar.
You were much loved by two fur balls.

beeniesmom
08-03-2005, 08:55 AM
:D :D :D

Logan
08-03-2005, 09:40 AM
I remembered a thread from way, way back where someone (I think it was Rottie) did the same thing! She had us all worried, then it turned out to be a blue something..........can't remember to save my life now.

Hehehe!!! You got me, Anna!!!! :D

Anita Cholaine
08-03-2005, 02:39 PM
I was ready to send prayers and hugs, and then I realized that Mr. Caterpiller was a stuffie.... Ha ha, very funny :p .... Sending prayers for poor Mr. Caterpiller...

jesse_3
08-03-2005, 02:48 PM
*Whew* Glad that it wasn't your furbabes!-Well, I guess Mr. Caterpillar was a grand-furbabe.

RIP Mr. Caterpillar. You will be missed by your two best friends

Steph and Jes

Pam
08-03-2005, 05:33 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. We have lost so many stuffed critters that our trash can doesn't even bat an eye when one is tossed in for its final farewell. RIP Mr. Caterpillar. I hate to say it, but your life would have been even shorter here. :( :p

*LabLoverKEB*
08-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Anna! You scared the heck out of me! :eek: :o That one really got to me! LOL:D .

So sorry to hear about your stuffies, big guys. kisses to you from Sadie and I...:)

K9karen
08-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Mr C has joined Orange Teddy, in Stuffie Paradise. O.T. gave it his all, but lost his valiant battle on Sunday, when his innards were ceremoniously removed and scattered throughtout the house and his plastic squeeky heart caught in the jaws of a "killer mutt". May they RIP with all the other gallant stuffies of the world! :(

wolfie
08-04-2005, 08:52 AM
RIP Mr. Caterpiller :(

At least he lived a long (and I'm guessing active!) life.

:p

finn's mom
08-04-2005, 09:37 AM
very funny!