PDA

View Full Version : How sad and what can I do????

gemini9961
08-02-2005, 04:50 PM
I was out walking the girls today and went down a street I don't normally take them when I came upon a house that's not that pretty. Kind of run down and overall pretty nasty. Anyways, these 2 dogs come out and are coming up to Sadie and Maggie. One has what looks to be a bark collar on. Poor thing. It looks like a mix of some sort, not sure what. Looks healthy, pretty fat actually. Well the other one is the one I am sad about. It was a male, un-neutered Boxer. Poor thing is all skin and bones. I can see his ribs and tail bone. He's a decent size Boxer, height wise, just very very thin. He didn't bark at my girls and neither did the other. I didn't see any cars at the house. I would have just grabbed the poor guy, but that's wrong. I didn't let my 2 get to close to him as it looked like he had bugs on him. I don't know what to do. I guess I am just gonna keep my eye on the house. This is the first I have seen them so I don't want to jump to anything but it's obvious the poor guy is not getting enough food. If I continue to see this, I might just ask the people if they really want the dog. It upsets me so to see people like this have pets, they obviously don't care. He was a beautiful Boxer, besides the sad fact he was too skinny. And he most certainly needs to be neutered. Sorry for the length but I had to post it.

Kfamr
08-02-2005, 04:53 PM
I hate situations like these. :(

Maybe call the local Humane Society and have them investigate?

PJ's Mom
08-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Awww, poor guy. :( I'd do what Kay suggested. Please keep us posted. :)

cyber-sibes
08-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Does it ever look like anyone's home with them? poor guy, it's good you'll kep an eye out for him. If you feel you need to do something though, I'd call the Animal Warden from the police dept. He would have the authority to remove the dog if it looks like neglect.

Shelteez2
08-02-2005, 06:25 PM
If the other dog was fairly healthy and even quite fat then perhaps the boxer is a newly aquired dog?

I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that this one dog is starved and abused when you said the other was quite healthy looking?

I'd still keep an eye out for people and maybe strike up a friendly conversation with them and find out what the deal is.

gemini9961
08-02-2005, 07:17 PM
The other one is defintely fatter than the Boxer. I just walked by there again and they were still out. I can not tell whether the mixed one is a male/female. I wasn't able to get close enough to see whether it was male/female. I would hate to think it was a female and pregnant and that's why it's fatter. I was walking by there and I was heading back home when a car came by and pulled in the driveway. It was an older lady. She didn't get right out of the car so I am not sure if it was her house or if she was watching me. Anyhow, I'll check tomorrow and then think about calling the humane society. The boxer still did not bark at me when I walked by but the other one gave me a little bark. It just makes me sad. Maybe he is a new dog but these people still don't deserve them as they were outside alone and loose. Not tied up and not in a fenced area. Someone could hit them if they drove by too fast. It looks like there is a fenced yard so I do not know why they aren't in that area versus being loose in the yard. I'll keep an eye on the poor guy. I was going to ask the lady but like I said she didn't get out right away.