PDA

View Full Version : Transport Help Needed!!! Please Read!!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Hi, I really want to adopt K&L's foster kitten Pearl but I need some help with her transport. I live in Northern California and she lives in Glendale Arizona near the Phoenix area. Pearl is supposed to go to pet fair this Saturday and the spots are very hard to get so I need to know asap if some one will be able to help me or not. She doesn't need to be transported this Saturday but I need to know if this will be possible so I can let Lisa know that I'm definitely going to be able to adopt Pearl. I'm also going to be taking some time off from Aug.22nd-Aug.31st so I'd more available during this time to meet up with some one to help with the transport. Thanks in advance.:)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid180/pfca92944299f324d5983e59d3e9049b2/f3059947.jpg
Here's baby Pearl.

I'll also look into flights but they may be too expensive for me.:( Is any one familiar with transporting animals by flying?

Samantha Puppy
08-02-2005, 10:23 AM
I'd help but I'm 3,000 miles away. :( Good luck, Pearl looks like a gem! (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-02-2005, 10:27 AM
I so wish I could help!

Good luck! :)

wolflady
08-02-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm planning on visiting Kelly sometime this month, so if someone can get Pearl to Kelly's area, I'd be able to bring her back up to northern CA. :)

**hugs**

K & L
08-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by wolflady
I'm planning on visiting Kelly sometime this month, so if someone can get Pearl to Kelly's area, I'd be able to bring her back up to northern CA. :)

**hugs**

Where's Kelly's area?

shais_mom
08-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Calabasas CA

krazyaboutkatz
08-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks so much Karen.:D I sure hope that we'll be able to work something out. I really want to be able to adopt this little girl.:)

K & L
08-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Anyone hear of this:
http://www.pro-pet-transports.com/

Randi
08-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Oh Tracey, I do hope you'll be able to get Pearl a transport. Best of luck! :)

K & L
08-02-2005, 03:42 PM
I've never transported an animal before so if anyone has any suggestions, it would help! Thanks

DJFyrewolf36
08-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Where abouts in Northern California are you? I live in Carson City, Nevada and would be able to take a leg from there (or south of there if I had too, so long as it was on a weekend ;) ) to just about anyplace in Northern CA. I've got a car with great gas mileage and would be very willing to help! I'd just need a few days warning, thats all.

PM me if you want to. I'd really love to help!

*Edit* I just saw that you live in Santa Clara (helps if I looked at your profile huh lol). That is a very do-able drive for me from here. I don't know how far south I'd be able to go though to pick up.

catmandu
08-02-2005, 03:59 PM
WE HAVE FAITH,IN THE CAT LOVERS,ON PET TALK,IF THERE IS A WAY,THAT PEARL,CAN GET HER FURR EVER HOME,YOU WILL BE,THE ONES,TO FIND A WAY!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/030dcda8.jpg

orangemm
08-02-2005, 04:02 PM
If it needs to be done, it can be done here. These people are amazing!

krazyaboutkatz
08-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks everyone.:) If no one will be able to transport Pearl from Glendale, AZ to Calabasas, CA then I think that the link that Lisa gave about Pet Pro transports sounds like it may be the way to go. It looks like it's a little over 400 miles from Glendale to Calabasas and it would take at least 6 hours to drive.

Uabassoon
08-02-2005, 09:11 PM
If only this were a few weeks ago! Then we could have taken her to the CA meeting!

Good luck with the transport!

Uabassoon
08-02-2005, 11:43 PM
K & L are you going to do a leg of the transport? Otherwise I think Alexa and I can help. We'd be willing to go up to the Blythe area on I-10. That would be about a 4 hr drive each way for us. If anyone in the Los Angeles area could help it would only be a 3.5 hr drive each way according to mapqwest.

krazyaboutkatz
08-03-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
K & L are you going to do a leg of the transport? Otherwise I think Alexa and I can help. We'd be willing to go up to the Blythe area on I-10. That would be about a 4 hr drive each way for us. If anyone in the Los Angeles area could help it would only be a 3.5 hr drive each way according to mapqwest.
I'm not sure if Lisa is or not. Thanks so much Laura and Alexa.:) Now if we can get some one to meet you and then transport Pearl to Calabasas then it would be complete.:) We also need to know when this will be happening.

jenluckenbach
08-03-2005, 05:03 AM
Tracey want to adopt a little girl cat?? :eek: Unbelievable. ;) hee hee

You westerners better get this transport in order, KAK's household needs that feminine feline touch.

K & L
08-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Has anyone checked what airfare would be? The less traumatic on this baby, the better! I'm such a worry-wort. I know she'll be going to an excellent home, it's just the matter of how she gets there. Pearl doesn't like being away from her sibilings so I'm thinking the quicker transport for her the better!

Craftlady
08-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Delta Airlines information (they use several other carriers for pet transport)
Here's the link
http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/special_travel_needs/pet_travel_information/index.jsp

Rates... It says minimum is $153
http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/special_travel_needs/pet_travel_information/domestic_international_pet/pet_shipping_rates/index.jsp

K & L
08-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Craftlady
Delta Airlines information (they use several other carriers for pet transport)
Here's the link
http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/special_travel_needs/pet_travel_information/index.jsp

Rates... It says minimum is $153
http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/special_travel_needs/pet_travel_information/domestic_international_pet/pet_shipping_rates/index.jsp

That is much cheaper and faster!

Craftlady
08-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Here's another site
They do international and domestic
http://www.airanimal.com/

Laura's Babies
08-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Check into the weight and age that the airlines will fly... I think there is a age or weight that they have to be and Pearl will have to have all her shots, spayed and paperwork sent with her.

I have flown some and used a transporter service and all require the paperwork.. Good luck getting that little doll baby, you may have a problem using these people here, someone may fall in love with her and want to keep her!!!:D ((Just kidding)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-03-2005, 09:33 AM
I think $153.00 is extremely reasonable if the kitty gets a cabin seat and like Lisa says, it's so much faster which will be so much less stress on little Pearl.

Got all fingers and paws crossed that everything will work out and KAK will finally have another female presence in her house of boys. :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Flying her out to me does sound like it would much less stressful and much faster. I'm really looking forward to adding Pearl to my furfamily..:)

Some of you have pm'd me about Starr. Yes, I'm still going to be adding him to my family too. He's doing very well and will hopefully be able to be home again in a few weeks. I just want to make sure that he's not contagious any more and that the ringworm is all cleared up so I don't want to rush things. I think that Pearl and Starr will make great playmates and this will keep down the stress level for Storm too. I can't wait to have my furfamily complete.:)

K & L
08-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Flying her out to me does sound like it would much less stressful and much faster. I'm really looking forward to adding Pearl to my furfamily..:)

Some of you have pm'd me about Starr. Yes, I'm still going to be adding him to my family too. He's doing very well and will hopefully be able to be home again in a few weeks. I just want to make sure that he's not contagious any more and that the ringworm is all cleared up so I don't want to rush things. I think that Pearl and Starr will make great playmates and this will keep down the stress level for Storm too. I can't wait to have my furfamily complete.:)

I'm excited! This way I can watch little Pearl grow!

gini
08-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Gosh Tracey, I just now saw this thread.

I would be happy to help any way that I can.

I will p/m you.

jazzcat
08-03-2005, 11:45 AM
This is great!!!! Sounds like you guys are getting this worked out. I hope the flight works out because it would be a lot quicker for her.

A little girl in that mix of boys....it's about time KAK! ;)

JenWhite
08-03-2005, 12:43 PM
in So Cal, I am willing to help with a leg of the traveling :D Let me know

Jen

krazyaboutkatz
08-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Thanks for all of the transport offers:) but Lisa and I have decided that it would be best for me to fly to her home and then fly back with Pearl.:) I'm going to look at prices of flights and I may be staying over one night at K & L's so we'll have a mini-PT meeting. Since I'm taking some time off from Aug.22nd-Aug.31st, I may wait and fly down during this time because it may be less expensive to fly during the week. Thanks again for all of the help that was offered.:D I'm getting very excited about this.:D

K & L
08-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Thanks for all of the transport offers:) but Lisa and I have decided that it would be best for me to fly to her home and then fly back with Pearl.:) I'm going to look at prices of flights and I may be staying over one night at K & L's so we'll have a mini-PT meeting. Since I'm taking some time off from Aug.22nd-Aug.31st, I may wait and fly down during this time because it may be less expensive to fly during the week. Thanks again for all of the help that was offered.:D I'm getting very excited about this.:D

We can't wait! This is all too exciting. Now Tracey I hope you fall in love with her when you meet her (like you haven't already)!:D

Corinna
08-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Lisa thats a snecky way to get to meet a pet talker. I'm glad for pearl and Tracey.

Craftlady
08-04-2005, 04:19 AM
How exciting :)
Glad everything is working out.

jenluckenbach
08-04-2005, 04:55 AM
How exciting!!!

Is it OK for me to tease now? 5 cats????? FIVE cats???? I remember when 3 was your limit. hee hee