PDA

View Full Version : Almost a year. . .

davidpizzica
08-01-2005, 04:48 PM
How time flies! It will be a year on August 18th that I had my knee replaced. I'm doing really well with it except if I've been on it a lot it gets a little stiff. I still can't kneel directly on it and it's still a little numb. HOWEVER, I have no pain and I can walk really close to normal. I'm working regularly pushing a lawn mower on the golf course. I think I'll give it a little party on the 18th!

wolflady
08-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Wow! That's really great news David. :D

My sister has to have her hips replaced and she's really nervous about it and about the recovery time. It's good to see people who have had joints replaced successfully and are no longer in pain!

**hugs**

catnapper
08-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Wow, a year already??? Time sure does fly!

Karen
08-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Happy ankneeversary! :p Hey, a little stiffness is a whole lot better than before! Congratulations!

Originally posted by wolflady
Wow! That's really great news David. :D

My sister has to have her hips replaced and she's really nervous about it and about the recovery time. It's good to see people who have had joints replaced successfully and are no longer in pain!

**hugs**

My friend from church, Tim, just had a hip replaced a week ago, and is already so happy with the results - he says he's never been so happy just to be able to sit down or stand up without pain!

Rachel
08-03-2005, 06:01 AM
I'm so happy for your successful surgery and that it has enabled you to continue with your job, but the no pain part has to be the best. Maybe you can act as a consultant to others here who may need that same operation. My knees are a bit iffy, but I hoping that I won't need that support any time soon.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-03-2005, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Karen
Happy ankneeversary! :p

LOL! Glad to hear you are so much better David

JenBKR
08-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Yea! Glad to hear it worked out well. My grandma had two knees replaced and Pap had a hip replacement a few years ago...both are getting around SO much better and say life is great w/o all the pain. BTW, they went to Dr. DeJoya (I'm not sure of the spelling) and I know they live in the same area as you. Did you by any chance go to the same Dr?

davidpizzica
08-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by JenBKR
Yea! Glad to hear it worked out well. My grandma had two knees replaced and Pap had a hip replacement a few years ago...both are getting around SO much better and say life is great w/o all the pain. BTW, they went to Dr. DeJoya (I'm not sure of the spelling) and I know they live in the same area as you. Did you by any chance go to the same Dr? I had a different doctor. Mine was done at Forbes Regional in Monroeville. ( I can't spell HIS name either!)

gini
08-03-2005, 11:31 AM
David, I remember how nervous you were before the surgery and then going through the recovery period.

A whole year - hard to believe - I love the "no pain" part of your story - and that you can walk almost normally.

It was all well worth it.