PDA

View Full Version : Automobile GGGGGrrrripes!

jenluckenbach
08-01-2005, 02:39 PM
ACK! My car needs over $500 of work! Might not sound like a lot to some of you, but believe me when I say this is a hardship for us.

Blah....................:(

Just thought I'd vent a little.

OH! but on the other side of the story, it shows little miracles happen every day. Without going into the dreadful details, my mechanic said he can't understand what held the axel in place concidering the shape it was in. It should have fallen off (an no doubt caused a serious accident) quite a while ago. All I can figure is that Someone was looking out for me. ;)

DJFyrewolf36
08-01-2005, 02:47 PM
After spending $600 on my Festiva here a couple of months ago and $200 on my truck just last week I can totally sympathise with you!! Cars can be a real P*** off can't they?

I always wonder how my cars even start. It's amazing how busted up they can be and still run.

catnapper
08-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Sorry Jen. Once again, I'm right there with you. I had to find a way to magically get mine inspected last week... and then Grant went and got his $157 speeding ticket :mad:

It never ends, does it? :(

{{HUGS}}

JenBKR
08-01-2005, 02:51 PM
$500 is a LOT for me, especially as an unexpected expense. It's really difficult to have to suddenly come up with money when you don't have any! *Hugs*

jenluckenbach
08-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Well, the care is MORE broken than expected leading to MORE work ending up in MORE money! :eek: :( And I still do not have it back.

I did not even question the price, since it does not matter.....it MUST be done.

BOO HOOOOOOOOO.

Pam
08-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Oh Jen I can sympathize. I would much rather spend $500 on something enjoyable. A couple of weeks ago I was driving to Christiansmommy's. On the way my car sounded *funny.* When my son-in-law came home he said I shouldn't drive it anywhere with the way it was sounding. Long story short, I got it to the Honda dealer near her and had to stay overnight at her house. It was my power steering pump. Apparently my steering could have frozen up on me. As you say, *Someone* was surely watching out for you and me. The funny thing is, right before I left for my trip I was at the drive-in window at the bank. The teller told me something was coming out of my car. I told her it was probably condensation from the air conditioning as that is pretty common. Little did I know.... :rolleyes:

Price tag for new pump, hoses and labor - $490. :(